Things I whould rework in planetside. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My other car is a Sweeper Shotgun!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-23, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Post Things I whould rework in planetside.

I'll try and keep this list down to a few pages

I'd put the HART timer back to 10 Mins, possibly even 15.

I'd make it so a person freshly revived has 100 stamina and still has use of their implants.

I whould make the turrents on the bases wall mounted ball turrents. I.E. They whouldnt have that "Dead area" right beneath them. I'd also put turrents on the building itself covering the courtyard.

I'd reduce the armor a AMS has in travel mode.

I'd increase the deflection that the Sunderer and Deliverer have against small arms non AP ammo fire.

I'd combine the Sunderer and Galaxy into one cert.

I'd put flak turrents on bases, then I'd make it so these could target skeeters if you had a Interlink Facility Link.

I'd give base turrents a activatable shield if you have an interlink facility, similar to NC max shield.

I'd give the MCG a spin up time.

I'd ungimp the ammo carried for all AV troopers as well as the skyguard.

I'd make the skyguard available without a techplant.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-23, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SkunkPunk
Major

what about empire specific buggys not require tech plant?

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2003-11-23, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Shin1gami
Corporal

I'd teach people that the word "Turrets" does not include "n"
Old 2003-11-23, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jagd
Major

Also, would has no H.
Old 2003-11-23, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Doppler
I'll try and keep this list down to a few pages

I'd put the HART timer back to 10 Mins, possibly even 15.

I'd make it so a person freshly revived has 100 stamina and still has use of their implants.

I whould make the turrents on the bases wall mounted ball turrents. I.E. They whouldnt have that "Dead area" right beneath them. I'd also put turrents on the building itself covering the courtyard.

I'd reduce the armor a AMS has in travel mode.

I'd increase the deflection that the Sunderer and Deliverer have against small arms non AP ammo fire.

I'd combine the Sunderer and Galaxy into one cert.

I'd put flak turrents on bases, then I'd make it so these could target skeeters if you had a Interlink Facility Link.

I'd give base turrents a activatable shield if you have an interlink facility, similar to NC max shield.

I'd ungimp the ammo carried for all AV troopers as well as the skyguard.

I'd make the skyguard available without a techplant.
Most of these are unbalanced and ill list why:
HART timer at 10 was fine, devs thought it was too long it will probably go to 7 or something.

The idea of giving a newly revived person full stamina was also deliberate, so people couldnt just get back right where they left off.

Sunderer and Galaxy are two diffrent things land and air, doesnt seem like a likely cert (maybe Galaxy and Lodestar?). The rest of what you listed was unbalanced everything added into the game has to be looked at from every angle, the stats, how it effects gameplay. What im getting at here is if its not messed up then dont fuck with it
Old 2003-11-23, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
I Hate Pants
General

MCG spin up time? Sounds reasonable.
Old 2003-11-23, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zompton
Corporal

Spin up time on the MCG, i dont know about that?

On the HART, i would make it 12 minutes but each villa on the sanc is 4min off from the others.
PC in the Works; Pentium4 2.8ghz 800mhz FSB, Albatron PX865PE Pro2 motherboard (OC king), 1536mb(1-1/2ghz) Corsair TWINX XMS3200 DDR400mhz Dual Channel RAM, Radeon 9600pro 128mb 8xAGP graphics card, Duel 80ghz 7200rpm 8mb harddrives, Windows XP Professional, 19" Sony GS420 monitor with 1600x1200@85hz resolution, 5.1 surroundsound system, and more...
Old 2003-11-23, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

That hart is a great idea! , i have no problem with with MCG the way it is
Old 2003-11-23, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

2 things.. make infils and combat eng's better
Old 2003-11-23, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

MCG spin up time? Sounds reasonable.
Not hardly. Now perhaps nefing the Jackhammer so that it cant kill 2 or more people at once. Yes this happens all the fucking time. At least the other heavy assault have to kill 1 person at a time. Shooting right through a trooper and killing other troopers and infils behind them is just not acceptable.

I do like your Combined cert for Sund and Gal. I also like the increased HART timer and ungimping the ammo boxes for AV. Also the Tech plant limitation sucks for the skyguard right now but if it had its ammo capacit increased, then it should remain limited. If it stays at 150 then the tech link is a bit much. Also people are still using the flail like tanks. The flail needs to be limited to firing at high degrees of elevation people!
Old 2003-11-23, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rayder
General

Misc Info

It's a chaingun, it doesn't start off spewing bullets at a rapid speed, its gotta build up, and then it starts shooting, and it gets faster and faster until it reaches its max.
Old 2003-11-23, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Chainguns can begin firing immediatly. Just look at the ones in use by the military
Old 2003-11-23, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Biohazzard56
Most of these are unbalanced and ill list why:
HART timer at 10 was fine, devs thought it was too long it will probably go to 7 or something.

The idea of giving a newly revived person full stamina was also deliberate, so people couldnt just get back right where they left off.

Sunderer and Galaxy are two diffrent things land and air, doesnt seem like a likely cert (maybe Galaxy and Lodestar?). The rest of what you listed was unbalanced everything added into the game has to be looked at from every angle, the stats, how it effects gameplay. What im getting at here is if its not messed up then dont fuck with it
Just because it was intentional doesn't mean it's right, i whould really like either the full stamina or the ability to drag corpeses. If not 20 stamina at least full so they arnt limping.

If everyone had the if it's not messed up dont fuck with it attitude nothing whould ever get better.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-23, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rayder
General

Misc Info

If not 20 at least full?
Old 2003-11-23, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Reload
Private

Originally Posted by Doppler

Course you would you're NC.

Though i agree that the HART timer should be 10mins. It's had a direct impact on the use (lack off) gals in the game, which is such a shame a Gal dropping is one of the great things of PS.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion