$15 to play? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Want some? GET SOME!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-18, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally posted by tmax
just steal lunch from your friend...tell um time are rough so you dont have the money to buy lunch and pocket the money your parents give ya
I would, and i did.....but I've gotten use to the 2 or 1 meal a day thing....but hey, ya never know wats lurking behind you lookin for your gatorade....

it better be 10 buck fee.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-03-19, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
XeeN
Private

$12.99 a month.

I think they'll keep it the same as EQ, EQ2, and SWG, and raise them all together at the same time.
Old 2003-03-19, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Madfish
Corporal

Doesn't look like anyones complaining about the monthly pay aspect, which is good.

FYI, it takes millions of dollars to develop a game like planetside. Server farms are also not cheap; Sony spent $10 million setting up a server farm in Japan for one of its game recently.

PS will need a sizeable server farm; and 3 of them from the start. (west coast, East coast and UK). That's a lot of expenditure before you see any returns from your game. ($30 million?)

People also wonder why we need to pay for the client; why not download it for free? This is for psychological reasons. If you've paid �30 on a game sitting on your shelf your more likely to try and get over the learning curve to play it than if it was a free download. Once your over the learning curve you're hooked and the money starts to flow

It's time to kick ass and drink tea, and I'm all outta tea.
Old 2003-03-19, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sputty
Banned

Meal a day? I don't get one a day. Not a money issue. Lack of good food. Also, I sleep alot...
Old 2003-03-19, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

$12.95

my left nut has spoken.

k, well least thats my bet hehe.
Old 2003-03-19, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Madfish

PS will need a sizeable server farm; and 3 of them from the start. (west coast, East coast and UK).
Is this the official word on server locations? Iv heard conflicting stories but this sounds like a nice layout.

Anyone?

"Damn, Those Vanu bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"
"Rip off my sig and I'll shit down your neck!"
Old 2003-03-19, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
PR24
Major

I am willing to bet the stating cost will be $9.99. Once everyone is hooked after a few months and a community is well established it will just to 12.99-14.99 a month.
Old 2003-03-19, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Is this the official word on server locations? Iv heard conflicting stories but this sounds like a nice layout.
Yes I believe so.

I cant find anything on PSU and the official site but PSI says:

PlanetSide plans to have quite a few servers. There will be one in Eastern, Central, and the Western US as well as in England and Amsterdam. There is also the possibility of a server being located somewhere in Korea.

Now we know that they have got all the information since like the dawn of time and a lot has changed over time and not been updated, but I think Im right in saying that the server locations are correct.

East, West, Central, UK, Europe, Asia.

Initially there will be the East, West, and UK.

Im guessing they will house them in the same locations as for EQ(save on property costs to house them seperately would be dumb), this being another SOE game. And we know thats where the EQ servers are located...
Old 2003-03-19, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

Those server locations originated from a Developer IRC Chat back in October of 2k2

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-19, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Revulsion
Sergeant

I'm guessing $12.95 :o
Old 2003-03-19, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Euroclydon
Sergeant

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Madfish
People also wonder why we need to pay for the client; why not download it for free? This is for psychological reasons. If you've paid �30 on a game sitting on your shelf your more likely to try and get over the learning curve to play it than if it was a free download. Once your over the learning curve you're hooked and the money starts to flow
Another thing about having to buy the game is it cuts down on second accounts giving intel to a main account's outfit or other ways of "cheating" with second accounts. I'd say griefing with second accounts too, but I don't think there's much room for that in PS.

And not only second accounts, but second accounts on a free trial are usually bad news too.
Old 2003-03-19, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Discordja
Corporal

well EQ is 12.95. i'd be willing to assume ps will be as well.
Old 2003-03-19, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Another thing about having to buy the game is it cuts down on second accounts giving intel to a main account's outfit or other ways of "cheating" with second accounts. I'd say griefing with second accounts too, but I don't think there's much room for that in PS.
It doesnt cut down on second accounts, you just go out and spend another $49.99 if you want a second account.

Well, its likely to reduce the number as you have to have a reason to have a 2nd account, rather than just creating another one just cos its free (which it wont be as you will always have to stump up the monthly fee regardless to whether you can download the client for free or not)

It happened with EQ (I had 2 accounts, for example), and its gonna happen on PS too, regardless of whether you can buy accounts online or not. You buy the game, you get an account.

And not only second accounts, but second accounts on a free trial are usually bad news too.
Free trial will be happening. You get your first month included when you buy PS. Thats regardless of how many copies youve purchased, its free month per copy, thus per account.
Old 2003-03-19, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally posted by mikkyT
It doesnt cut down on second accounts, you just go out and spend another $49.99 if you want a second account.
notice I only pay $39.99 for directtv......a game (no offence to PS).....payin 98 bucks for just 2 accounts is just wrong, I get WAY more channels on Dtv-and enjoyment for 39 buckeroos-A MONTH!!!

sry bout the flame....i dont seem happy today....really...

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-03-20, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Vimp
Sergeant

Well you could always not get a second account and just use the one account like everyone else. And where the heck ya get $98? You don't buy the game every month ya know.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion