QUICK Fix to Towers/Bases - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fear the ironleaved trees of Auraxis....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-07-17, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
LazyBonez
Private

QUICK Fix to Towers/Bases

First I love everything I have seen in all the PS2 coverage out there!!!!

My one simple idea we all have seen it and thought about it...... but was made very apparent after watching TB's new Raw & Uncut video.

SOE Please put a walking ramp to all air platforms at Towers and Bases. Watching TB spawn a Liberator then land away from the Tower/Base just to load up and/or repair was painful to say the least.

A 4ft wide ramp all I ask.

Keep up the good work SOE thanks in advance.
Old 2012-07-17, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EnderGraff
Corporal

Re: QUICK Fix to Towers/Bases

Great idea actually. I hope someone at SOE see's this and implements it.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by LazyBonez View Post
SOE Please put a walking ramp to all air platforms at Towers and Bases. Watching TB spawn a Liberator then land away from the Tower/Base just to load up and/or repair was painful to say the least.
Definitely, that whole process of loading up the liberator seemed painful.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DukeTerror
Private

Like the original PS there is probably concerns with players spawning a vehicle and not moving which hogs the platform from others or forces a deconstruction when two entities collide. At the height of PS there could be some pretty long queues for vehicles and they had to make an automation to move vehicles out of the way before you could drive them. There should be some safe landing platforms that do allow loading though, and I think there are multiple pads on towers, so maybe some without spawn consoles would have the bridge (and ammo stations). That still requires some maneuvering to use however so not completely the solution you want.
Old 2012-07-18, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
LazyBonez
Private

Originally Posted by DukeTerror View Post
Like the original PS there is probably concerns with players spawning a vehicle and not moving which hogs the platform from others or forces a deconstruction when two entities collide. At the height of PS there could be some pretty long queues for vehicles and they had to make an automation to move vehicles out of the way before you could drive them. There should be some safe landing platforms that do allow loading though, and I think there are multiple pads on towers, so maybe some without spawn consoles would have the bridge (and ammo stations). That still requires some maneuvering to use however so not completely the solution you want.
Yeah the automation was needed in PS at its height but that was do to the fact there was at most 3 total vehicle spawns 2 air 1 ground and most bases only had 1 and there was no vehicle spawning at towers!

If you check TwitchTV stream of Matt Higby
He is at Hvar Tech plant you can see when he spawns his reaver there are no landing platforms so the platforms themselves are not needed to spawn an air vehicle.

So SOE could move the vehicle terminals or move the spawn points so vehicle could spawn further out giving the platforms more purpose and I think we all can agree that at beta and game launch there will be allot of tower and base collisions at the hand of new players still trying to master flying!
Old 2012-07-18, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
wOOtbEEr
Private

Going to steal an idea from borderlands and say you should just be able to teleport from the vehicle terminal into the open gunner seat of a freshly spawned vehicle. It could just be a tab on the vehicle terminal that looks a lot like the spawn point selection screen. It would need to be time limited to stop people turning a liberator into a router but i loved how easy it was to use this in borderlands.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Yes to this idea please. Five stars.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shadowrath
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by LazyBonez View Post
First I love everything I have seen in all the PS2 coverage out there!!!!

My one simple idea we all have seen it and thought about it...... but was made very apparent after watching TB's new Raw & Uncut video.

A 4ft wide ramp all I ask.

Keep up the good work SOE thanks in advance.
There have been many threads on this already.
Old 2012-07-19, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

PS1 had the same thing, it didn't take long for players to figure out how to rapidly land and load up. I don't see a problem.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault