[Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-20, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Mauser101
Sergeant

Re: [Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR

Even if it doesn't make it in until release or after this specifically makes me very happy (bought trackir for arma and it really helps out with flying, don't use it overly much on foot except in DayZ were it's saved my skin a number of times) but also happy in general to know that the devs do listen to users looking for extra features rather than the folks crying that it cannot or should not be done due to any perceived increase in the development cycle...which they are not privy to.

Brave- All the settings including head track speed are fully adjustable and different profile settings are just an alt tab away while playing. You barely have to move your head at all..unless you set it up so that you do have to move your head a lot.

http://www.sturmgrenadier.com
Old 2012-07-20, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mauser101 View Post
Even if it doesn't make it in until release or after this specifically makes me very happy (bought trackir for arma and it really helps out with flying, don't use it overly much on foot except in DayZ were it's saved my skin a number of times) but also happy in general to know that the devs do listen to users looking for extra features rather than the folks crying that it cannot or should not be done due to any perceived increase in the development cycle...which they are not privy to.

Brave- All the settings including head track speed are fully adjustable and different profile settings are just an alt tab away while playing. You barely have to move your head at all..unless you set it up so that you do have to move your head a lot.
Yes, yes, thank you for pointing that out.

Though I have a funny feeling all those that are being "debbie downers" about this and other ideas/additons to PS2 will chill out once they get into beta. Well, that is if they even do.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

Well once I hear this is definitely in I will have to spend more money. The OP video at the beginning made this look way to cool to pass up and I am planning on playing Arma3 any way. You guys are going to turn me into a flight sim junkie.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

i was going to get the track ir,even though you have to move your head,you still have to keep your eyes straight,so i decided to go triple screens instead
Old 2012-07-21, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #185
HoovesMcG
Corporal

Originally Posted by Roidster View Post
i was going to get the track ir,even though you have to move your head,you still have to keep your eyes straight,so i decided to go triple screens instead
Man the lot of you could use to read this thread where it has all been explained how it works, why it doesnt take any SOE dev time to implement, why it doesnt make your neck hurt, how you can still see the monitor, that there are 3 FREE alternatives to Track IR that work well, and that SOE now has the SDK, which means they have already contacted Natural Point (track IR makers) and asked for it.

You nay sayers honestly just make me laugh. You have zero valid reasons why it shouldn't be implemented, but still throw your un-informed worthless retreaded statements out there. Please just read a thread for once in your life.

Originally Posted by UnDeAdKiTtY View Post
I wouldn't care if they added this after release, but don't waste time before and during beta. This is such a nitche thing don't count on it. Personally I think its a waste of time but if you want it petition for it, but I ask the devs to wait till after release.

Again please read the thread where I and others have explained how little time this would take to implement. and if fact dont have to do any of the work themselves. Natural Point does it all for them. What do you think they would leave out if they implemented track IR? I mean really? have you even thought about that statement?
Old 2012-07-21, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #186
QFAN
Private

Probably too much effort for too little gain for SOE...

In many TrackIR games, TrackIR can move the point of view way out of the normal bounds... Not sure if it's a technical difficulty or just everyone is too lazy to implement the restrictions for TrackIR.

Last edited by QFAN; 2012-07-21 at 05:10 AM.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #187
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by HoovesMcG View Post
Man the lot of you could use to read this thread where it has all been explained how it works, why it doesnt take any SOE dev time to implement, why it doesnt make your neck hurt, how you can still see the monitor, that there are 3 FREE alternatives to Track IR that work well, and that SOE now has the SDK, which means they have already contacted Natural Point (track IR makers) and asked for it.

You nay sayers honestly just make me laugh. You have zero valid reasons why it shouldn't be implemented, but still throw your un-informed worthless retreaded statements out there. Please just read a thread for once in your life.

Again please read the thread where I and others have explained how little time this would take to implement. and if fact dont have to do any of the work themselves. Natural Point does it all for them. What do you think they would leave out if they implemented track IR? I mean really? have you even thought about that statement?
U MAD BRO

i know exactly how track ir works,and really its a pain in the ass having to deal with the clip on device,ask all the guys that are selling theirs over on the iracing forums,that decided to go 3 screens instead
Old 2012-07-21, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #188
LegioX
First Sergeant

This thread again...

I have track ir and it's the best thing i have ever used while playing flying games. They need to implement it.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #189
ratfusion
Corporal

New computer games should support all new relevant technology.

The gamers that want the playing field dumbed down to the least common denominator are/should be playing consoles.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #190
Shizora
Private

I'm using TrackIR since TrackIR 2. Sure, it is very expensive for that easy function but it is a very big improvement for any game !
Old 2012-07-21, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #191
Hamma
PSU Admin

Cool news!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-21, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #192
LegioX
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Cool news!
Cool news what? HAHA are they putting it in? I'm confused.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #193
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I might very well have to pony up for track IR.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #194
LegioX
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I might very well have to pony up for track IR.
Best ever. Takes some time getting use to, but once you are comfortable with it, you will never go back.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #195
Jeepo
Corporal

I love my TrackIR. Hugely important in ArmA and all flight sims. I feel disabled somehow if I play a game without it now, like I have no situational awareness at all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion