new implant - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: BRICK TO THE FACE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-02, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Nor've I :\ Yea, un-retired (?) my cloaker today, and gained a BR. I'd never really realised the full potential of Melee Booster. It's really really good, love it. Got rather a few kills; knife kills, few pistol, loads of mines (including a mosquito, who flew into our AMS, and mine popped him...doh). So yea, anyone who says stealthers are nerfed to hell blablabla, I'd say it's still very doable, if you have the patience needed for instadieing.
Old 2004-03-02, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Not nerfed to hell, bugged to hell. Very different. We'll see after the next patch, though. That and Smoke's hints about changes to Darklight give me lots of hope.
Old 2004-03-02, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dutchbasterd
Private

I disagree with only using boomers against max units... I situations like Hossin last night a line of boomers set up properly can take out many nme soldiers and max units if you time right, Set up boomer on the roof of a back door, ( say like 5 or so)
Memerise where they are and go find a good place to hide in the base, (this is if you have interlink or motion sensers up) Wait till guyz start running down the back door way then boomer them when they go underneath the bomb, It's an excelent Tactic cnd got me Many kills last night, (lol Dumb NC they never learn)
VANU! RULE!... TR arn't bad
Old 2004-03-02, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I should have specified, I was referring to outside battles for the most part. Boomer is a definite inside, although once the battle moves inside you'll find very few times you'll survive long enough to pull the trigger. I'm much bigger into keeping people from getting to the back door rather than trying to blow them up after they got there.
Old 2004-03-02, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

surge+infil+CE can cause alot of problems in a spawn room. plus it is super fun. i have CE and surge but dont wanna lose anything for infil so i use standard armor instead it is really really fun.
Old 2004-03-02, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Spawn boomering is good, as is CE battlefield infil, but my favorite was AMP/medtool. Lots of fun with that loadout, surge around em, count your shots, surge away and heal.
Old 2004-03-02, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Veteran
I always pump a few rounds into a control console just in case there's a cloaker there.
I do that too, funny thing i was playing with Bio on Emerals as TR becsaue no other Bh's were on, and i took up infil and i found i snuck up one people almost as easy uncloacked than cloaked(i kept forgetting)

Also i didn't have that hard of a time not getting seen, i just made sure to not ever go head on with someody always going hte longway around and being sneaky like

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-02, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
TheN00b
Colonel

From what I've seen of my brother playing (He's an Inf, but I'm a grunt), one of the best things to do as an Inf is get up on the enemy base's walls. About 1/3 of the time, you'll die before you can get there, but if you can get up, it's a Melee Booster/Boomer Inf's heaven: Snipers and MAXes are so easy you almost feel sorry for them... almost .
Old 2004-03-02, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
jedi
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by easypickings
how about an implant that gives cloakers the ability not to appear on dark light, maybe it only works 10 secs at a time then needs to recharge or you if you move/shoot it deactivates it.

or a super cloaker cert, it would coast a lot of cert points 10 or something crazy like that, and it would make you not appear on interlink and not show on dark light.

i'm not a hard core cloaker but i like the idea of cloakers being a real threat.
sure put this in but the catch is that cloakers cannot use anything but an REK with this implant

Last edited by jedi; 2004-03-02 at 08:05 PM.
Old 2004-03-03, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Kayith
Private

Actually, I like the idea of a Bio-Hacker implant, which allows you to do all the things you can do with an REK, without needing one. It would have to initialize first, then you could press '6' key or something to whip your arm out and begin hacking. Or you could just hack by pressing 'G' at a console.
Old 2004-03-03, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Overall, I think Planetside is getting a lot better. I really hope thier looking to increase the number of weapons, equipment and implants soon. It would really mix up things a bit....and create a whole new generation of "nerf teh <insert new item>"
Old 2004-03-03, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I agree with Rod on this...

The game needs a little more variation and such.

Overall, PS is getting better but the devs need to slow down on their patch's IMO.

Old 2004-03-05, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
scarpas
Captain

[QUOTE=Veteran] I always pump a few rounds into a control console just in case there's a cloaker there.QUOTE]

same here...
Old 2004-03-06, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

HRM had insane idea for a new armor......... Need armor data though, i'm away from game for a short while longer and need to know, Back pack size for all current non-max suits, backpack space, and aproxomate run speeds.
Old 2004-03-06, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

oopsnot Backpack space that second time but armor amounts after the last patch
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion