Punisher review! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: That's it! I'm not submittng quotes anymore!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-06-11, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Punisher review!

Heres my Review on Punisher.

One of the most unused gun in the game and after trying it out its one of the best guns i've used. Tested it on NC zerg to a tower and a base hold as well. In the VT centre I tested the shots to kill and it's the same as the gauss rifle. It has a tighter cone of fire then the gauss. It also has a second fire mode, and used with the grenade and without auto reload is really really powerful.

Shooting > secondly mode fire > shooting, is just so powerful! time to kill is fast! its like gauss with a thumper shot all at the same time!

one of the best things i like when in the zerg is hate getting attacked by tanks and aircraft, taking a EMP box with me and pushing X on the secondly mode and can jam a tank and making it run.

on one run 4 magriders came out , jammed them and i lived where as before i would i got beammed alive.

This gun is really powerful if used right, its not overpowered but its really helpful.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Punisher review!

Pretty much and it reloads fast enough to be a poor man's thumper.

Old 2012-06-11, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Nice one, chubs.

Join the PlanetSide Steam Group!
Old 2012-06-12, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Crator
Major General

I love the Punisher too! Have used it a lot.

Only thing I'd like to see different with it: I wish I could select which ammo box I want when pressing X. That way I don't have to cycle through all 4 ammo types.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

I went through a punisher phase and it's definitely not as horrible as people think. I also had a stint where uncerted med assault, you'd be suprised at how well a rexo with two suppressors (one with standard another with AP rounds) works.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 2012-06-12, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I used to rock the Dualpressors, used to be far deadlier but it can still rape face in the right hands.

Been using Dual Sweepers lately though.

Old 2012-06-12, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Wahooo
Captain

I guess i'm going to have to try and disable auto-reload and try it out again. For a long time it was my weapon of choice, especially on Oshur you could dual wield them. I still always carry a Pwnisher in my gunner or CE loadouts with a jammer pre-loaded. I toggled auto-reload back on for sniping and was to lazy to just toggle back and forth as needed so I always leave it on, being able to nade-switch fire mode and shoot is waaay under-rated actually.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

One thing I learnt from a gameplay video that I always used is instead of the punisher Empire Medium Assault / Plasma grenade combo for suprise attacks.

Lob the plasma grenade (even over longer distances) towards your foe and immediately switch to medium assault but don't fire yet!

At the very moment the grenade impacts and explodes - let them have it!

In most cases, the massive burst of damage leaves little time to react / use personal shield / medikits etc..
Old 2012-06-13, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
wraithverge
Sergeant

shoot till you see them low then undercarriage explosive round into them, I believe this has a lower ttk then almost all non HA weapons... I loved the amount of hate messages I got from players who were more skilled then me. Heh, scrubs.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
legendary
Private

Yeah, I totally got schooled last night by a punisher, and then spent the next five minutes analyzing my failure. Good gun in the right hands.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by wraithverge View Post
shoot till you see them low then undercarriage explosive round into them, I believe this has a lower ttk then almost all non HA weapons... I loved the amount of hate messages I got from players who were more skilled then me. Heh, scrubs.
Pretty much this, I enjoy using i find its better then the thumper in a way, with a thumper if someone jumps i cant swap weapons fast enough, with the punisher you can just swap mode in under a second.

The only problem i find with it is when coming up agaisted the TR Minichain Gun
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion