Vanu muzzle flash - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Captain Morgan was here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-08, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Salad Snake
Staff Sergeant

Vanu muzzle flash

Sorta tired of reading dull beta timetable threads, so I thought why not make another thread discussing & hypothesizing about the gameplay itself? From the video I've watched about the game, it seems to me that the Vanu weapons have a much larger, fancier, & more distracting muzzle flash. Do you think this might be a problem in the game?

Also, is it just me or have we seen Vanu gameplay the least, with NC probably having the most footage? Just an observation.

Last edited by Salad Snake; 2012-08-08 at 04:28 AM.
Old 2012-08-08, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Harasus
Sergeant

Re: Vanu muzzle flash

By the gods, do you mean they have not perfectly timed the screentime between VS/TR/NC? Heresy! Burn them at once! :P

And no, I really do not think the Vanu need to worry too much about their muzzle flash. They are supposed to be the guys with flashlights. Heh.
Old 2012-08-08, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Suicidex
Private

Can't say much about muzzle flash before I get into beta, but have you noticed that Higby is NC? That's why us poor Vanu aren't getting any attention!
Old 2012-08-08, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by Suicidex View Post
Can't say much about muzzle flash before I get into beta, but have you noticed that Higby is NC? That's why us poor Vanu aren't getting any attention!
So we've seen Higby and TB play and then all the randoms at E3, when are we going to see T-Ray and Maggie play? I want to see T-Ray bring down the wrath of the Vanu

As for muzzle flash, I doubt it would be worse than other factions and will probably have flash supressors and such.

Old 2012-08-08, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Gortha
First Sergeant

Yeah, Go Go T-Ray, Go Go!

We realley need more T-Ray live propaganda!

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-08-08, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Salad Snake
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Harasus View Post
By the gods, do you mean they have not perfectly timed the screentime between VS/TR/NC? Heresy! Burn them at once! :P

And no, I really do not think the Vanu need to worry too much about their muzzle flash. They are supposed to be the guys with flashlights. Heh.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining. I just plan to play Vanu and I noticed there isn't really enough footage of then to get a feel for how they play (I'm not a PS1 vet obviously). I definitely have a good idea how the Gauss Rifle performs though, not to mention the Mosquito & Prowler.

And yes the Vanu I would suppose are about flashy & fancy, but an overly obscuring muzzle flash can actually have a profound effect on gameplay. I guarantee you a whole 50% of the playerbase for Blacklight Retribution doesn't actually want a silencer considering they don't actually hide your sound much or your location at all (not to mention decreasing your range and damage with only reduced recoil to make up for it) Yet a good half of players use it because it eliminates muzzle flash, which makes you better at tracking a target through a burst (or full auto if you're in a panic situation). The flash in that game can be very blinding if you happen to have field of view and post-process lighting on.

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
As for muzzle flash, I doubt it would be worse than other factions and will probably have flash supressors and such.
Fair enough, though I wouldn't want to have to practically require a FS just because I play Vanu. I mean, what if I want to use a laser sight instead?

Originally Posted by Gortha View Post
Yeah, Go Go T-Ray, Go Go!

We realley need more T-Ray live propaganda!
That, I completely agree with. They should have him or Maggie do the next gameplay video!

Last edited by Salad Snake; 2012-08-08 at 05:24 AM.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Emperor
Corporal

I haven't found any of the muzzle flash in the footage to be distracting. Then again, now that I think about it, you might be right about VS having the least amount of footage out there with them...

But I think if the muzzle flash were to be distracting, and people commented on it once in beta, I'm sure it'd be something that could be toned down. Going by what I've actually seen in video, though, it doesn't seem like an issue at all.
Old 2012-08-08, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Necrojection
Private

Salad Snake,

Nice to see that you're a Vanu but have you got any footage of the muzzle flash?
I hope it won't affect gameplay too much because it can be a bit distracting while you're playing BLR, nice name by the way
Old 2012-08-08, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

Even if their muzzle flash is higher, i dont see it as beign a problem. Its a trade off for not having bullet drop. In long range engagements it makes more or a differnece, but im not really sure if Vanu really have a disadvantage.

NC had slower fire (more damage per shot)
TR have less damage (higher ROF)
Vanu... muzzle flash is slightly higher? (no drop)
Old 2012-08-08, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

Muzzle flash? From what? Their guns fire balls of plasma or lasers, they don't detonate gunpowder to propel bullets. Besides, it's not like it would hide you at all.
Old 2012-08-08, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jahoota
Private

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
So we've seen Higby and TB play and then all the randoms at E3, when are we going to see T-Ray and Maggie play? I want to see T-Ray bring down the wrath of the Vanu

It's only in beta. T-Ray's excellence would blow those servers apart.
Old 2012-08-08, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
XxAxMayxX
Sergeant

I haven't played it but from all the videos I seen I haven't encountered the issue.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
lennypenny
Private

Do lasers really need a muzzle flash? lol
Old 2012-08-08, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Salad Snake
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Necrojection View Post
Salad Snake,

Nice to see that you're a Vanu but have you got any footage of the muzzle flash?
I hope it won't affect gameplay too much because it can be a bit distracting while you're playing BLR, nice name by the way
That part that first concerned me was during the E3 day one footage where Maggie and Biscuit were commentating. Donno the specific part, sorry. It was during the nightime about 2/3 through I remember.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion