An XP change in GU13 - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: lifes a bitch thats why i married one.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-02, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Atomicsys
Private

Re: An XP change in GU13

Originally Posted by Blynd View Post
If daddy doesn't abuse the log off mechanic then buzzcutphyco is a budist monk
for nups like you. log off and redeploy its different
Old 2013-07-02, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Atomicsys View Post
for nups like you. log off and redeploy its different
...Yeh ... cos one is near instant.....and the other takes around 13 seconds...
Old 2013-07-03, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Stomps
Private

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
That is certainly a good change, but what personally annoys me much more is the constant xp spam displayed in the middle of the screen.
I mean wtf, let me turn that shit off. Same goes for sound. If you place a sunderer-ams in a good spot you have a friggin' slot machine going on with "sonic catches a ring" sounds blaring in your ear and the screen being spammed with "+5xp".

So i take this opportunity to once more ask: LET ME TURN THAT SHIT OFF PLEASE.

Edit:

You're such a bailer.

On a more serious note: Why do you care if someone now gets xp or a kill where they didn't before? I mean, that is the same argument as before, just turned around. You can still suicide as much as you want, but because now someone might get xp for it you are upset? Really?

The whole point of changes like this is to tone down cheap play and asshole behaviour, which this game is promoting enough as it is. If the result is that sometimes people get xp for not really doing something, why not? That is still better then promoting douchebaggery and people being denied xp who actually did something.
See this is kinda what I expected, just assuming my objections are from being nailed. And you yourself say turn it around, well turn it around another way and look at it from the pov of the receiver.

Id like to know how I turn it off, its going to turn the already unreliable stats into a clusterfk of unreliability.

Scenario 1, im sitting in a sundy in the zerg camp watching the upper floor of a tower - some guy appears, I get a lucky shot on him and through nothing ive done he slips and suicides, bingo 1 kill for me I dont deserve. I did nothing to effect his death yet I get rewarded a whole kill of XP for 1 lucky shot. Fake.

Scenario 2, im bursting my max for king and glory at some galaxy approaching a base, they all bail as normal, maybe two or three hit obstacles and die, bingo I get the kills, I dont want them on my record, how fake is that?

Scenario 3, I get a few hits on someones flash while they run, they hit a small bump of doom completely out of my sight, flip and suicide, another kill for me i didnt earn.

Scenar...I could go on but as i said im sure these things will make themselves evident but i doubt many will complain and will actively rally against anyone objecting, i mean its free kills right? Douchebag strawmen abound, slipped on a banana? boom someone gets a free kill ... seriously its going to affect many just normal areas of play, if it was only pilots then sure, thats a problem needing a solution but the others, no, i dont want all these freak kills I dont deserve and didnt make a serious effort to win the XP from.

handoutside has arrived! and i can already think of 1 way to cheat the pilot bailing (no nothing to do with ejectors or LAs), will keep schtum on that and see if it works first tho.

Last edited by Stomps; 2013-07-03 at 02:33 PM.
Old 2013-07-03, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
SternLX
Sergeant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Not like I care, but this dynamic also means that if I got hit, got healed and died by falling or /suiciding, I will still be somebody's kill, including friendly's. I find that ridiculous
As Do I.
Originally Posted by Maidere View Post
You will recieve a kill if your target suicided/ logged off within like 10-15 seconds (at least I hope it's gonna work this way)
Being a bit optimistic and generous methinks. Expect the timer to be less than 5 secs between last damage dealt and players suicide. 5 Seconds is an eternity in this game.
Old 2013-07-03, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
SternLX
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stomps View Post
See this is kinda what I expected, just assuming my objections are from being nailed. And you yourself say turn it around, well turn it around another way and look at it from the pov of the receiver.

...snipped for brevity...

handoutside has arrived! and i can already think of 1 way to cheat the pilot bailing (no nothing to do with ejectors or LAs), will keep schtum on that and see if it works first tho.
Couldn't agree with you more Stomps. Handouts it is. Kinda reminds me of Welfare states.
Old 2013-07-04, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
tkoreaper
Private

I think if someone ejects, you should get a small bonus for essentially forcing them to do so. Whether they live or die is another issue, but I'm all for getting credit when they die... That's the way it should be because you basically set the events in motion that lead up to their death much like if you blew up a vehicle and its falling shrapnel ended up killing more people.

Last edited by tkoreaper; 2013-07-04 at 08:37 PM.
Old 2013-07-05, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Exalted
Private

I'll just keep bailing out with a light assault.
Mosquito. Noun: Delivery engine for C-4
Old 2013-07-05, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Exalted View Post
I'll just keep bailing out with a light assault.
Mosquito. Noun: Delivery engine for C-4
I flew a C4 Mosquito into a Magrider once. It was glorious. I then flew over a cliff and C4'd a MAX and Engineer. It was worth the resource cost.
Old 2013-07-06, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
outsider
Private

The thing that's broken was forcing people to chose between an ejector seat and missile counter measures for the sake of cheap vehicle customisation in the first place. 2 things that comes stock standard in EVERY single fighter plane in the world. Instead of sitting down and giving us really good customisation options for our ESFs, a dev instead has to spend time on making workarounds for the broken system.

People are still going to jump out of their planes before it blows up, spending time so people get xp for it doesn't change the fact the whole perception around ESFs and the players overall purpose in this game is flawed.

We are not XP, every action we do must not be quantified into XP, The XP grind must not be the whole raison d'etre for fighting. As long as it remains this way than gamers will be nothing more than XP grind machines, and we proved in Planetside 1 that we are capable of being so much better than that.

Last edited by outsider; 2013-07-06 at 08:00 PM.
Old 2013-07-07, 03:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
phungus
Master Sergeant

This change is only logical. Right now when you shoot down a plane there is roughly a 50% chance the player will hit their random XP deny button. Now in order to deny a kill, the player will need to survive, and not be killed.
Old 2013-07-07, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
SternLX
Sergeant

"I don't always bail, but when I do I make sure I have a jetpack."
~~Worlds most common ESF Pilot
Old 2013-07-07, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
camycamera
Major

so this is a preview of GU13... what of GU12 then?!
Old 2013-07-07, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Originally Posted by Stomps View Post

Id like to know how I turn it off, its going to turn the already unreliable stats into a clusterfk of unreliability.

Scenar...I could go on but as i said im sure these things will make themselves evident but i doubt many will complain and will actively rally against anyone objecting, i mean its free kills right? Douchebag strawmen abound, slipped on a banana? boom someone gets a free kill ... seriously its going to affect many just normal areas of play, if it was only pilots then sure, thats a problem needing a solution but the others, no, i dont want all these freak kills I dont deserve and didnt make a serious effort to win the XP from.

There are only two options how to handle this problem:
Either people get something they didn't deserve (xp/kill for not killing someone), or people don't get something they deserve to get (no xp/kill due to logging/bailing). Not getting the xp you clearly should get is way more frustrating than someone else getting xp for me unjustified which i won't even notice.
Since both methods aren't flawless and perfect i find it absolutely logical to go with the method that creates the least amount of frustration.

But you assume the system will be that bad that you are basically constantly getting free kills and that...messes up your stats? Gives you xp? Not sure here, because that's where i lost you.
You seem to suggest it's better to have douchebag mechanics that mess up stats and deny xp than to have an attempt at fair mechanics that occassionally hand out free xp. And well, that is certainly not my opinion.

Btw, personally i would simply remove bailing from vehicles that are not standing still and giving the log-off a timer (like in classic mmorpgs). No need for any broken mechanics here really.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2013-07-07 at 08:17 AM.
Old 2013-07-07, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Stomps
Private

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
There are only two options how to handle this problem:
Either people get something they didn't deserve (xp/kill for not killing someone), or people don't get something they deserve to get (no xp/kill due to logging/bailing). Not getting the xp you clearly should get is way more frustrating than someone else getting xp for me unjustified which i won't even notice.
Since both methods aren't flawless and perfect i find it absolutely logical to go with the method that creates the least amount of frustration.

But you assume the system will be that bad that you are basically constantly getting free kills and that...messes up your stats? Gives you xp? Not sure here, because that's where i lost you.
You seem to suggest it's better to have douchebag mechanics that mess up stats and deny xp than to have an attempt at fair mechanics that occassionally hand out free xp. And well, that is certainly not my opinion.

Btw, personally i would simply remove bailing from vehicles that are not standing still and giving the log-off a timer (like in classic mmorpgs). No need for any broken mechanics here really.
your words not mine - and again as predicted I have to reply to defend my argument, cant you just accept my opinion and be done with it?

the only thing worth pointing out here is repeating part of what i said, if it was only pilots then sure, thats a problem needing a solution but the others, no - there is no problem with swarms of people jumping out of towers/rocks/buildings whatever to avoid the kill, there is no problem with people fleeing in whatever land vehicle and doing something stupid etc etc, it only ever was a problem of pilots bailing but somehow thats translated to give everyone handouts for others stupidity.
Old 2013-07-07, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
monkjunk
Private

What about other methods of suicide?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion