New Conglomerate By-Laws exerpt concerning space-travel and trade - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Making thousands of fans cry every day.....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2014-05-18, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ArcherLangley
Private

New Conglomerate By-Laws exerpt concerning space-travel and trade

Posted this on the Planetside 2 lore reddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetsideLo...ulated_in_the/

[New Conglomerate by-law, section 8B, concerning space travel, inter-planetary trade and security.]

Planet-jumping and space fairing ship regulations are only restricted to a planets local orbit. Constant monitoring of/from/beyond the Apheliosphere (Longest distance of orbiting bodies from the planets surface) is required before returned space-travel is fully underway and/or trade can begin with future inter-planetary trade partners. This is to protect the colonies that live on these planets. All ships are free to roam space but must be given permission to land on a planet after is has met the following conditions;

(A1)- Decreased it's velocity to under specified planetary limit after crossing the Apheliosphere. (A2)- Changed it's trajectory according to the guidance of ground personnel and align itself in a decreasing orbital path around the planet.

(B1)- A further decrease in velocity before said spacecraft reaches the Periheliosphere (Shortest distance of orbiting bodies from the planets surface before entering the stratosphere) (B2)- Land at the specified landing areas

Failure to comply will result the following;

(1-01)- Should the spacecraft fail to comply with conditions A1 and A2 the spacecraft will be flagged a hostile and subsequently destroyed.

(1-02)- Should the spacecraft fail to comply with either condition A1 or A2 but fulfills the remaining condition, the spacecraft will be remotely disabled and towed to the nearest secure location for questioning. This is to discern mechanical or navigational malfunctions from hostile intent.

(2-01)- Should the spacecraft fail to comply with conditions B1, B2 and is on trajectory to a settlement the spacecraft will be flagged as hostile and subsequently destroyed.

(2-02)- Should the spacecraft fail to comply with conditions B1, B2 and is not on trajectory to a settlement or any other civilian/military installation the spacecraft will be flagged as in-distress and towed if possible or allowed to continue its vector while a recovery team is sent to look for survivors and lend assistance at the crash site.

(2-03)- Should the spacecraft fail to comply with condition B1 but is on trajectory to a landing pad the spacecraft will be disabled, deflected and dragged from it's trajectory by an orbital tow. If said actions are not possible the craft will be advised to change it's trajectory away from the landing pad toward a specified 'crash-zone'. If the craft continues on it's path toward civilian installations the craft will be flagged hostile will be subsequently destroyed. Should the landing area be rated safe to act as a crash-zone then this by-law may be disregarded if all personnel are safe and secure.

(2-01)- Should the spacecraft fail to comply with condition B2 a military unit will meet them at their landing sight and question them as to why they did not land in the specified area. The ship must then be searched for any smuggled goods by trained personnel to handle potential improvised explosive devices or any other hazardous materials.

Once landed the ship-master is required to hand in a log-book of all inventory and must consent to a quick search/scan. Should an officer deem necessary a more thorough search may be carried out. Failure to comply will result in the ship-master and his crew being detained as a longer search and questioning is carried out. If any goods are damaged to the point of loss during a search the crew will be compensated according to the worth of the goods they transported.
Old 2014-06-25, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: New Conglomerate By-Laws exerpt concerning space-travel and trade

Hey Archer,

Very good, well written in tone and detail . I think notes like this would be cool to find around the game world. Maybe this one could go somewhere in the warpgate, maybe close to a spaceport building where the shuttles take off for hotdrops.

Sonny
Old 2014-06-25, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ArcherLangley
Private

Re: New Conglomerate By-Laws exerpt concerning space-travel and trade

Thanks. Recently I have not had the time to focus on writing but I do take the time to write something small when I can. Questions about the lore always give me something to think about.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction