Stop complaining! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yes, we ARE too sexy for you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-02, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sethsocrazy
Private

Stop complaining!

I'm not saying the game is gonna be perfect, but the beta isn't even out yet and I see so much complaining about certain aspects of the game that we've only HEARD about and have yet to play it ourselves. Yeah, I'm a little worried about the cert system too, but I don't know entirely how it'll work and it'll be best to cast my judgement once I've actually used it first hand.

So, save your major complaints until the beta comes out. That's what the beta is for, after all. If everyone starts complaining about something, the devs will change it (hopefully!). Once you've gotten into the beta, played around with it it for a while, THEN you can whine about the game mechanics as much as you want!
Old 2011-08-02, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Stop complaining!

The forums are alive with discussions, critiques and ideas. This is the idea behind a forum of this nature. Feedback at this time is just as important as it will be during beta.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-08-02, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Duddy
First Sergeant

Whilst I don't disagree with your plea, I think it falls upon deaf ears.

Consider that the reason people are so anxious about the details is that they are afraid. They are afraid that the game won't be what they want it to be.

And why is that a problem? Because they have allowed themselves to become to grossly invested.

So just as how haters gonna hate, fans gonna speculate.

Even then, some healthy discussion is not a bad thing. Just a problem when people take it beyond that :P

Last edited by Duddy; 2011-08-02 at 06:22 PM.
Old 2011-08-02, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sethsocrazy
Private

My post may have been a bit black and white. What inspired it was how people would outright reject certain ideas that the devs have said will be in the game. I do think constructive discussions about the pros and cons of little details in the game are important, but it's the ones that wont even entertain the thought of specific ideas that bothered me.
Old 2011-08-02, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Well how exactly is complaining about the act of complaining beneficial to that end?

Doesn't seem to be constructive if you ask me...
Old 2011-08-02, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Some ideas people just are not interested in unfortunately with so many people on this forum it is to be expected. Though as far as the people screaming in regards to some topics either they will quiet down when beta is released or go I TOLD YOU SO OMG LOL. I would recommend just skimming or skipping those posts you cannot stand. Personally I love it as if I don't agree with the poster I just either laugh or do a constructive debate on the topic .

Last edited by Goku; 2011-08-02 at 07:29 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-02, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I don't really see a lot of complaining here, especially not compared to a typical MMO forum. Lots of ideas, good discussion, etc.
Old 2011-08-02, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I don't really see a lot of complaining here, especially not compared to a typical MMO forum. Lots of ideas, good discussion, etc.
This.

I take it OP hasn't been on many other boards. The amount of complaining on these boards is miniscule than on a typical forum.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON

Last edited by Death2All; 2011-08-02 at 08:08 PM.
Old 2011-08-03, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

Agreed Malorn, things have also been fairly civil most of the time

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-08-03, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Nail on head.

The Devs regularly check out these forums, so it will be dumb of us not to express our thoughts on aspects of the game we know are in.

They've said they will "consider every reasonable idea," so it would only make sense that we spew ideas to them.

If enough of the public is against something it stands to reason that the Devs will probably take a very close look at it, or at the very least explain to us why it is the way it is.

Last edited by Logit; 2011-08-03 at 08:38 AM.
Old 2011-08-03, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vancha
Colonel

I agree this forum's comparatively far more constructive than most, but it terms of forums that criticise a game no one really knows anything about, it tops the list by a mile.
Old 2011-08-03, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sethsocrazy View Post
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the cert system too, but I don't know entirely how it'll work and it'll be best to cast my judgement once I've actually used it first hand.
Not to gang up on you here Seth, but I think most of us are in friggin' LOVE with PS2. Sure we debate a lot of topics, but that's just because we enjoyed the first game so much and want to offer our input on making the sequel even more amazing.

In terms of being worried about the cert system, did you see the latest Machinima interview about PS2? () Not only did that put my mind at ease over certs and loadouts, but now I'm psyched to see how awesome it will be.

-HC13
Old 2011-08-03, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
Nail on head.

The Devs regularly check out these forums, so it will be dumb of us not to express our thoughts on aspects of the game we know are in.

They've said they will "consider every reasonable idea," so it would only make sense that we spew ideas to them.

If enough of the public is against something it stands to reason that the Devs will probably take a very close look at it, or at the very least explain to us why it is the way it is.
That lies the problem, people on the forums have always said "never listen to the vocal minority" I guess they don't realise that people posting on forums are the vocal minority.
Old 2011-08-03, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
That lies the problem, people on the forums have always said "never listen to the vocal minority" I guess they don't realise that people posting on forums are the vocal minority.
Well, if you take 5 minutes out of your life and and create an account and voice your opinion, you should be heard. There isn't any other way for us to give feedback on what we know directly to the people who are making the game.

Do I think they listen to every little thing we say? No, at the end of the day SOE will do what they want with their game. If we utilize the oppurtunity to help SOE create this game, who knows? Maybe one day we will see some of our ideas come into bloom.

If at the end of the day, they completely ignore us, and do what they want. It won't be because we weren't trying to help.

I would doubt they would make that same mistake twice, but I guess we all shall see.
Old 2011-08-03, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sethsocrazy View Post
I'm not saying the game is gonna be perfect, but the beta isn't even out yet and I see so much complaining about certain aspects of the game that we've only HEARD about and have yet to play it ourselves. Yeah, I'm a little worried about the cert system too, but I don't know entirely how it'll work and it'll be best to cast my judgement once I've actually used it first hand.

So, save your major complaints until the beta comes out. That's what the beta is for, after all. If everyone starts complaining about something, the devs will change it (hopefully!). Once you've gotten into the beta, played around with it it for a while, THEN you can whine about the game mechanics as much as you want!
You need to stop whining about people whining, it's just a vicious circle.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion