"A Striker rocket is stronger than a Decimator rocket." - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It has you
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-04, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Nixon
Corporal

Originally posted by Queensidecastle
"Incorrect. 3 shots, then switch to any other weapon including a pistol for the kill because the MAX will have 0 armor left and that is ONLY if the MAX is a fresh MAX with no damage take which in my experience was almost never."
Oh, come on... now that's just being picky. If I wanted to follow suit, I'd pinch my nose and say that I am correct because it does take four Striker hits to kill a full MAX, and the Lasher will kill with one shot because there's a lot of people running around out there with only a little health left.

Let's face it... every empire has some super-cool uber weapon that others either think is bullshit or they try to steal it. I don't know how many TR and NC players I've seen picking up lashers and stashing them, or JHs before that for TR/VS, and even NC/VS picking up Strikers while TR pick up Phoenixes. Sure, the popular sterotype is that <empire>'s people are always carrying <uber weapon>... big deal.

I tried out AV again this past weekend and find myself regretting dropping sniping. I can't count how many times I've run back to refill that Striker, even if half the shots were hitting. The only saving grace was being able to grab a lancer and snipe at a MAX on the wall and a guy in the turret.

The game is very livable as-is... especially after the initial release of the revamped lasher since everyone doesn't carry one anymore. Same thing happened with the Skyguard and Liberator came out, and the same thing will happen with every new vehicle or big change to the game as everyone gives it a shot. If people can live with Lashers, JHs, and Magmowers, they can handle a Striker.
Old 2003-08-04, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I have a character from each empire on different servers. They all have the skeeter cert. Flying as Vanu is too easy. When your a Vanu, and fighting the TR, and Warning! Missile lock! comes on. Just dive down or behind a hill and your fine. That is too easy! If you are a pilot and you think it's overpowered, you must not be very good. When I first got my skeeter I though when I had missile lock I would just fire for 3 more seconds and leave. 3 seconds later, BOOM! Too many people hover in their aircraft, and THAT is what kills them. I kill aircraft with Deci's all the time. Too many noobs out there.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-04, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Its hardly being picky Nixon. You kill much faster switching weapons than trying to reload a striker. I just taught you a more effective way to use the Striker and you want me to trust you that it doesnt have issues? I dont think so. The striker has issues to be sure and it is worse than the Magrider ever was. The core of the Magrider debate are dumbasses that cant stay out of the way of vehicles. That is a player skill issue and not a ballance one. What myself and a multitude of TR/NC do is simply put landmines all over our advancement path. That gets rid of Magriders really fast.
Old 2003-08-04, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

the striker's (an anti-vehicle weapon, as per it's description) ability to lock on to every-damn-thing that isn't on two legs.....wait, MAXes. umm, ok, it's ability to lock on to everything not standard, agile, reinforced, or infiltrator, is an incredibly *FLEXIBLE* weapon. carry around your MA cycler, and one striker, ta-dah, you have the tactical capability of easily killing absolutely everything in the game, even vehicles in motion. if you can't missile lock it to death, it's a soft target infantry and you can just throw enough cycler lead at it to kill it. now I just wish vanu weapons were as *FLEXIBLE* as that.

wait, wasn't the lasher nerfed for killing infantry AND armor? huh, how about that. (don't get me wrong, the lasher did need the armor nerf. but the striker needs a nerf as well)

Last edited by SumYungGui; 2003-08-04 at 01:48 PM.
Old 2003-08-04, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ghost018

Originally posted by Arakiel
Fly against the VS for a day, then fly against the TR for a day. Still convinced?
My alternate character is an NC pilot on Johari. Most all of my kills are either from my Reaver or Mosquito. I primarily attack the Terrans that invade Hossin. To this day, I think I've only been shot down by a Striker maybe 4 times? Most of which were after I had been damaged in dog-fights. Locks aren't always that easy to acheive on a flying target. If the pilot knows shit from shinola they'll know how to shake a lock. This all goes back to my NEVER hover rule, that's about the only time one may be completely destroyed from 100 armor by a Striker.

Also, I've sniped Max units before and have seen Aircraft go down because a well-timed shot from the Bolt Driver. Nerf the damn thing, it has too many uses.

ghost

Last edited by ghost018; 2003-08-04 at 03:36 PM.

Old 2003-08-04, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

"Nerf the striker, nerf the striker. Waa waa waa."

QUITCHERBITCHIN

Edit:
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-04, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Yogi
Master Sergeant

Actually, for ease of use and sheer ability to dominate a battlefield without any use of skill whatsoever, a striker rocket probably is stronger than a decimator rocket.
By Striker you mean Sparrow max.

[ Inquisition - Team Captain | Tribalwar PHP Guru | F*ck Duke ]
Old 2003-08-04, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Revolver
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Lonehunter187

QUITCHERBITCHIN

Edit:
That goes for Jackhammer, as well
Old 2003-08-04, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

rofl Yogi! I think I could agree with that also
Old 2003-08-04, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Fly against the VS for a day, then fly against the TR for a day. Still convinced?
Drive a tank against the VS or NC, and then drive against the TR. Strikers are usually pretty good against air targets, but they kind of suck ass against land targets, especially at a distance, and especially if said land targets are moving in an area that contains trees, rocks, unusually large air molecules, or hills which can all break your lock and cause your Striker rounds to hit the terrain before you can reacquire the target. Phoenix rounds can easily avoid trees and zoom straight to the target, and lancers just need to snipe the tank from a distance. These weapons are better than the striker for attacking vehicular targets unless said vehicle is right in your face.
Old 2003-08-04, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
ghost018

Originally posted by Revolver
Only n00bs cry nerf. People with brains do what I do and loot. Current locker stockpile of Jackhammers: 17.

ghost

PS: Jackhammers don't even scare me anymore. It's easy to avoid once you learn how to use it.

Old 2003-08-04, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Quoted by Revolver
Originally posted by Lonehunter187

QUITCHERBITCHIN

Edit:
yep
Old 2003-08-04, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Everay
Major General

Originally posted by ghost018
Only n00bs cry nerf.
AMEN!

and the only way a bolt driver is gonna kill a tank or a max is if the thing is so damaged it cant move, well, tanks that is, and i admit, it was pretty cool when i took outa a sunderer with my bolt driver, but he was the idiot that drove next to a NC base FULL of NC, man that was cool
Old 2003-08-04, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Spider
General

Can't beat my friend that blew up a reaver in flight :o

He hit him like 12 times in a row never got discovered and he kept doing passes over the rock where he was hidden...
Old 2003-08-04, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Unreal Fenix
Private

Even worst idioticy,

we where fighting in the stairwell of a biolab, i had my jackhammer out and we had 2 maxes covering us, there where about 7 guys there total, we where two squads, So the tr kept poping around the corner and getting pwn3d so this Cr4 Br8+ guy runs infront of us, turns around and does the "Cease fire!" animation as a bunch of TR try to rush us with a pounder. he was mowed down by friendly fire so fast...

Another idiot: i was hacking the back door to a base one time and a friendly vanu guy runs up to me, but he switches his pulsar to his beamer and goes it, i pull out my lasher and follow the idiot and watch him get mowed down by a cycler inside

a bunch of idiots: My outfit squad on Emerald had a base secure when all of a sudden a gal flew over and drop abour 8+ cloakers into the base, we didnt know that at the time and where looking around, in the meantime they where annoying everyone by knifing the guys in the cc and finaly hacking the base, It wasent untill they decided to make a human wall of cloakers that we brought out the scattercannon with darklight, what a bloodbath that was...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion