Why is NC winning? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Reuniting long lost family members since '03
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-25, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i never said they weren't the same size, but the cof is to big for the smaller distance decrease than the others, i'm talking 4x zoom. But in the case of a cycler you don't have to worry about that becuase of the much reduced bloom, faster fire rate, and much enlarged clip.

nearly all of my non-sniped kills as an infantry man are guass, i know how to use it. But both it and the pulsar(while weeker it does have good AP i consider them tied) are nothing compared to the cycler and you asked name one thing, that was on the top of my list.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-25, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BDMJ
AV: get SA you dumbass.
First off... LOL, yeah SA owns... but personally with my NC char I prefer the Phoenix to SA. But for VS and TR, yes, SA is the way to go.

HA: The only situation where the jackhammer is undeniably superior is in a tower battle. All other indoor battles give the other HAs enough room to defeat the JH's close combat dominance. Tower battles are best fought with SA anyway, so HA users are at a disadvantage in a tower fight to begin with.
Huh? Ok, gimme a Jack and you take SA in a tower... I think the jack wins CQB hands down in a tower or base or anywhere you have to fight close. Past point blank range though the Jack is a "here I am" flare gun.

Tanks: Prowler is the best AI tank by a long shot. Vanguard is the most balanced, with good AI and AV capabilities, but is the toughest to gun due to its slow refire rate. Mag is the best AV tank by a large margin, no more vanu bitching please.
Prowler best AI tank? To kill an agile or rexo infantry you need to score a direct hit with the 100mm. The 150mm on the Van kills both with splash damage. The Van is the best AI and AV tank. The Mag is the best mower in the game and the best AA tank. At a distance the Mag is better at AV than the Van, but otherwise the Van just owns.

A moment of trolling...

I forget who it was who mentioned in another post how he loves air battles because everything that flys is common pool. So now only skill, teamwork, and tactics apply to victory conditions. I gotta agree with this. Since I went Air Calvary it's breathed new life into this game. I prefer the "all things even" test of skill like in sports... You don't have to deal with Surge-o-porting, Speedsteppers, Jackhammers in instagib mode (tri-shot), and AI MAX units.

Also in another post someone mentioned that Air was too powerful because they can run from AA MAX units and never get killed... All I can say about that is if you are in ANY aircraft and you see that lock on warning... if you don't instantly hit AB and fly AWAY you will die nearly instantly. Anyone complaining about ANY of the AA MAX units has never flown against them.

Last edited by BadAsh; 2004-01-25 at 09:43 PM.
Old 2004-01-25, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

It's the NC's "uber" command structure
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-01-25, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Originally Posted by BadAsh
Huh? Ok, gimme a Jack and you take SA in a tower... I think the jack wins CQB hands down in a tower or base or anywhere you have to fight close. Past point blank range though the Jack is a "here I am" flare gun.
Try turning on audio amp and tossing around a couple plasmas or HE grenades. If rocklet's your taste, switch to secondary and blow his feat off.
Originally Posted by badash
Prowler best AI tank? To kill an agile or rexo infantry you need to score a direct hit with the 100mm. The 150mm on the Van kills both with splash damage.
Wrong. Just plain wrong. The splash from a vangaurd shell will not one-shot infantry any more, this is part of the balance pass. The splash may do more damge, but it will not kill a rexo or agile. This is a fact as posted from devs and anticdotal from my experience. Prowler has the best AV DPS as well fool.
Old 2004-01-26, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SandTrout
Try turning on audio amp and tossing around a couple plasmas or HE grenades. If rocklet's your taste, switch to secondary and blow his feat off.
LOL... know why no one does this? Cuz it does not work. After you launch the 1st plasma the JH will surge in your face for a tri-shot... the JH user will then have plenty of time to heal the minor damage from 1 plasma grenade while you respawn... of course that's "best case" senario assuming you are camping/defending with Audio Amp... reverse those roles and it becomes an even more amusing joke. Thanks for the laugh though.

Originally Posted by SandTrout
Wrong. Just plain wrongThe splash from a vangaurd shell will not one-shot infantry any more, this is part of the balance pass. The splash may do more damge, but it will not kill a rexo or agile. This is a fact as posted from devs and anticdotal from my experience. Prowler has the best AV DPS as well fool.
Well, the Vanguards I have gunned for have no problem splash killing infantry... not sure what you are doing wrong. Perhaps the one shot splash kill radius was reduced, but I know I dont need a direct hit. With the Prowler neither splash or a direct hit kills a Rexo. Against motionless vehicles the Prowler might have the edge with TTK. But, against a moving and fighting target you can't beat that 150mm and more importantly the non-jumping crosshair for superior accuracy. Not to mention that a "squad" of Prowlers is 3 Tanks vs. a "squad" of Vanguards is 5 Tanks... That's complete ownage.
Old 2004-01-26, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The Van won't splash infantry to death? Tell that to the countless Agile suits I've one-shotted with splash since the balance pass. Devs can make mistakes, you know.

"Prowler has the best AV DPS as well fool."

Ignoring the fact that you attacked someone with insults instead of focussing on their argument...

The Prowler's 'DPS superiority' is bullshit. Perhaps when figuring direct hits, it is superior, but Van's splash is vastly superior. Don't bother telling me otherwise, I've gunned extensively since the balance pass. That and you can instantly switch from 150mm to 20mm to kill aircraft and the fact that Van has a LOT more armor make it the clear winner.

If you think a plasma Thumper is going to stop a reinforced, health-kit popping, Surging HA guy in a tower, you're used to fighting n00bs or spawn-camping. As for Rocklets, same deal.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-26, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Fenrys
Major

Its the Vanguard/Jackhammer combo. The best tank gets them inside and the best inside weapon gets them the base.

I have not played much as a TR, but NC leadership on Markov is far superior to VS leadership on Emerald. Apples and Oranges, but from what I hear they have better leaders on Emerald as well.
Old 2004-01-26, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If they have better leaders, it's because they have so many more of them. I'll go with the Van/Jackhammer explanation out of respect for the skilled commanders I've seen from TR and VS.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

Old 2004-01-26, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Veteran
NC has the most CR3s, CR4s, CR5s and BR20s (by far) in the game.

Without generalizing about NC players, why do you think this is?
We have the most CEP Whores?
Old 2004-01-26, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Blaming your losses on equipment is the easiest way of coming to terms with the fact that you cannot stand up to your enemy, but also the least productive. Next time, instead of blaming the loss of your avatar's life, the base you were defending, or the continent you were fighting on, on the enemies weapons, think of what you did wrong, and how you can fix it.
But bitching and complaining is the primary goal of 90% of people who post on internet message boards.

Anyways, are the NC weapons the reason they win so often? No. Are the NC commanders the reason? No. I'll give you a clue though: Those are factors. They both play into why the NC wins, but neither can be pointed to as the only reason NC wins no matter how much some people would like them to. There are hundreds if not thousands of little things that play into why any empire wins on any given day. Pointing to the NC weaponry and saying "They only win cause they have teh n00bhammer (LOLZ I sad N00Bhammer hahhahaahhahahaa) and the Vanguard!!1!!1!" is idiotic. Not only that, it's flat out wrong. Go look at which empire has won each day over the last month or the last two or three months. But then I suppose you could argue that TR and VS just have much more highly skilled players and that offsets the NC weaponry and that's why the empire wins are relatively equal. Of course that would be another lie and as big of one as trying to imply NC win every day.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-01-26, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

The prowler is far superior to the Vangaurd. I have gunned every night in the past few days and the 100mm is the best AV tank weapon in the game by a long shot. Van's get hit a few times and they just bug and take 5 mins to repair all their armor and one of my reavers chases them down and kills the driver, yay, new Vangaurd for us. In the past few days, I haven't lost to a Vangaurd yet only magriders due to their better agility.

Old 2004-01-26, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Good thing you're only talking about the last few days, SilverLord. I'd hate to see how many more generalizations you could squeeze in if you had been gunning tanks for much longer.

Old 2004-01-26, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Any extra DPS the Prowler may have over the Vanguard is directly countered by the much greater armor of the Vanguard.

The Prowler is inferrior to the Vanguard. I just dont know how people cant see this. Not only is it a better tank, it requires 1 less man and as been pointed out numerus times, those Men could be in a Reaver, lighting or gunning the main weapon on another vehicle. It is far better to take the 3rd man in a 4 tank platoon and have them in skyguards instead and people are already starting to realize and do this
Old 2004-01-26, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

QSC for the win.

Old 2004-01-26, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

Once we Figure out how to get a Vanguard inside you are all done for muhahahahahahaha
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion