News: We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Test - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Surgeon General warns PSU may be hazardous to your health
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-11, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Rolfski
Major

Re: We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Te

Originally Posted by Kail View Post
I think a big problem was the constant crashes people were having. I know I gave up after 30min and 6 crashes.
Not everybody crashed that frequently. The big problem was people not showing up in the first place.

In the beginning I noticed a single public Enclave squad called Dagger 5 and I also noticed a few guys from Azure Twilight but that's basically it.

Actually, I was expecting some of these major US outfit tags floating around but I didn't see any of them: DVS, Test, GOTR, AOD, EXE, ODAM, TAS, Crimson Dawn, GOON, TRAF, 666, EGO, IDDI, COLG, PHX, TRG, 1BOC, ADK, PRX, BONK, WTAC, R8J, 81EE. If each of these major US outfits would have showed up that would have been sufficient to crash the test server. Instead I found myself capping the Crown ON MY OWN. It was an embarrassment tbh, especially considering how loud the demands have been for a test server. Hopefully the outfits above will step up their game and secure a good lattice implementation for all of us, starting tonight.

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
It's hard to coordinate things on such short notice. Especially when it involves multiple outfits.
You don't need to coordinate with other outfits. Just make sure yours shows up.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-04-11 at 04:29 PM.
Old 2013-04-11, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Ghosts of the Revolution will be joining the VS testing effort, excited to test out the new changes with some scale!
Old 2013-04-11, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Te

The call to the Test Server was very short notice. We already had an event for that time. Also, if someone wants to install the Test Server, that's voluntary. Some just can't do that for various reasons. Be it HD space or slow Internet. I asked Higby to put out a schedule so that people can plan. I believe the turn out will be better if it's short, like 5-6:30. Most players in this game only get to play for a few hours a day or even less. I also believe most players in this game would rather work on their characters or keep up the Live fight than play on a Test Server. Let's not judge those who do not or cannot play the tests.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-04-11, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The call to the Test Server was very short notice. We already had an event for that time. Also, if someone wants to install the Test Server, that's voluntary. Some just can't do that for various reasons. Be it HD space or slow Internet. I asked Higby to put out a schedule so that people can plan. I believe the turn out will be better if it's short, like 5-6:30. Most players in this game only get to play for a few hours a day or even less. I also believe most players in this game would rather work on their characters or keep up the Live fight than play on a Test Server. Let's not judge those who do not or cannot play the tests.
You're quite right Evilpig, we shouldn't judge *quickly hides gavel out of sight. Smiles innocently*.

The night before, the test was announced only twenty or so minutes before it started. While I'm still unsure on whether it has to be 5pm PDT, at least we now know when and where, major testing will commence. It was pretty fun last night, despite the crashing going though I hear that's been fixed.
Old 2013-04-11, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

It's hard to coordinate things on such short notice. Especially when it involves multiple outfits. I personally have been extremely busy at work this week and I haven't had a chance to mobilize TRG to do an event on the test server.
Post here when you do, if you don't mind.
Old 2013-04-11, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Just ask your outfit to showup for an hour! Play another faction or something. Purple devil dogs.. Maybe you can be the poodles ;P

I think The Enclave stated they would be running some ops on the test server, would be nice to get a few of the other large outfits to just dedicate maybe an hour to do it every few days
We tried out the test server at the day it launched, and it really bothered buzz that we weren't fighting anyone. I mean, he literally sent second platoon to go NC! Not that we didn't mind, but it was annoying that no one was on. We haven't tried until last night because both factions on Mattherson have been gang-raping up to try to remove our Indar bonus. I can't tell you what happened from there, cause I had to patch (FU Mediacom).

PS, whatever idiot that thought that it would be funny to use up the tag [TE], not cool. TE's new tag is [ENC] on the test server btdubs.

Last edited by ThatGoatGuy; 2013-04-11 at 02:41 PM.
Old 2013-04-11, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
We tried out the test server at the day it launched, and it really bothered buzz that we weren't fighting anyone. I mean, he literally sent second platoon to go NC! Not that we didn't mind, but it was annoying that no one was on. We haven't tried until last night because both factions on Mattherson have been gang-raping up to try to remove our Indar bonus. I can't tell you what happened from there, cause I had to patch (FU Mediacom).

PS, whatever idiot that thought that it would be funny to use up the tag [TE], not cool. TE's new tag is [ENC] on the test server btdubs.

Shenanigans abound! Someone stole robocpf1, I'm now just Robo.
Old 2013-04-11, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

My job as an outfit leader is to keep people happy and having fun or they will not log in. I can't force people to go on the test

That said, it is hard to get people to go on a test server where the action is low after they get home from work and want to play the real deal and level their toons.

I think the best way to solve this is to do this on a Saturday or Sunday at noon where it is MUCH easier for myself and the other outfit leaders to get people to do it.

Then you can expect a shit ton of people on the test, with the tolerance to test, if you catch my drift.

Evilpig, would you be willing to do a large event with me on a weekend around noon if they have the server up? I'm sure we could get others to come. I know i can get buzz to come so we'd have even TR and NC numbers.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2013-04-11 at 03:38 PM.
Old 2013-04-11, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

tbh they really need to talk about it on command center tonight and FNO tomorrow
Old 2013-04-11, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
KALU
Master Sergeant

If they want to test it right have a season over the weekend so globally we can all get on at the same time.
Old 2013-04-11, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
...TE's new tag is [ENC] on the test server btdubs.
Ah, that explains that. Okay so I have seen one of the large outfits.
Odd that it'd be just the enclave.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-04-11, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Same, 6 CTD in less than 40 mins. Hopefully fixed tomorrow, codeforge did say they're tracking it down.
Good, I spend half an hour with you and Basti pushing the Eastern line only to crash while repairing my Mag.

...And yes, considering I followed Basti Galaxy all the way from the Warpgate in my Mag and ended up having to go straight up Crimson Bluff, I do not see how you can complain so much about your awesome Hovertank!

Then when I got back on I saw NC were the lowest Population, so I switched to my NC Character and wrecked face with a Vanguard until I again crashed while repairing...
Old 2013-04-11, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Rolfski
Major

Again, tonight was a ghost town...sigh

This way we will never find out if the lattice system is working.
Old 2013-04-11, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Again, tonight was a ghost town...sigh

This way we will never find out if the lattice system is working.
Ah, but tomorrow is Friday. Hopefully it'll kick up.
Besides, like I've said before. Yesterday I saw one guy on foot and two cocksuckers in an AMS. That was it.
Today there was AT least a platoon of VS and a squad of NC so we're seeing some gameplay. Probably what Miller would be like at 5 in the morning so it's not all bad

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-04-12, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

My job as an outfit leader is to keep people happy and having fun or they will not log in. I can't force people to go on the test

That said, it is hard to get people to go on a test server where the action is low after they get home from work and want to play the real deal and level their toons.

I think the best way to solve this is to do this on a Saturday or Sunday at noon where it is MUCH easier for myself and the other outfit leaders to get people to do it.

Then you can expect a shit ton of people on the test, with the tolerance to test, if you catch my drift.

Evilpig, would you be willing to do a large event with me on a weekend around noon if they have the server up? I'm sure we could get others to come. I know i can get buzz to come so we'd have even TR and NC numbers.
You wanted it, you got it!

We just scheduled a Noon PST focus play test on the rush lanes for tomorrow (Saturday). That should be prime time for Euros and mid-day for US-east coast.

SG, 666th, TRG, AT, GOTR, everyone get your outfits in on this! Lets get a pop lock on Indar and give these rush lanes a real test!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion