It is as i feared... no deploy zones. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are you my daddy?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-10, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Chewy
Major

Re: It is as i feared... no deploy zones.

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Yeah, I also think it is nice.
When I was walking inside one amp station I said, no way we can get this base walking that much!
When I got inside it and saw there was no enemy sunderer I thought:
I am ok with that, if both the defenders and the attackers must walk, it will no longer be a fight where the primary target is the enemy sunderer, if you want to win.
I just want to know how will DVS on Waterson do, since the tactics they use the most to take amp station is galaxy hotdrop, terminal hack, multiple Spawn sunderers inside the point, it is no longer a valid tactic.
Good question. It's hard as is for NC to get vehicles in place with TR and VS long range AV weapons like the Fracture, Striker, Lancer, and Vortex on top of the standard AV weapons infantry/vehicles have. Why did I choose to be lazy today and not get game time with the update?

How big is the NDZ (no deploy zone)? Does it cover the entire complex, the main building, just from the cap point to spawn, or the normal AMS NDZ pasted over the point? Is there one for each point?

Infantry gameplay shouldn't change much as good outfits mostly work out of a medics ass. The main reason this was such a good tactic was because there was always a mass amount of infantry coming from an AMS in the main buildings. Now that defenders have to spend time in the tunnels or walk like attackers do then I honestly don't know.

So few people use the tunnels and I ALWAYS see AMS camps inside bases. Rarely would I see foot pushes from spawn or more than 2 tunnel attacks and those where just to get an AMS as well.

This is going to have to be a topic for the next meet on Saturday or Monday. Even then I not going to tell some TR scum. You and the spawn that call themselves VS will just have to answer that question on your own.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Falcon_br
Captain

Well, playing more 2 hours I decided to get galaxies to see the new hotdrop animation.
Dude, it gives me so much nostalgia! OMG, it is awesome to remember ps-1 times!

But the topic here is about NDS, so I got sunderers, and have that impressions:
Attacking AMP stations is better, because the back entrance of the base is still a viable place to deploy your sunderer!
I do think the devs where real lazy when they decided to implement the NDS, all control points projects small bubbles around then that make the NDS area.
This means that in some bases, like the amp station, you can place you sunderer on the side of the generator room, so the defenders must walk an almost open ground to reach you sunderer, where it is well protected from the enemy fire, the enemy also have problems to reach the capture point since they must cross an open kill ground.
There is an easy way for then to kill that sunderer and get vehicles, use the tunnels, the bad news is, nobody uses then unless forced by squad leaders.
My suggestion is still teleporters with simbols over then, do you want to go to the horizontal generator room? get the teleporter with his simbol on it, it will teleport you to the gravitational field of the tunnels, but not force you to go under the base, where it is a labyrinth to most players.
There is also other problems those small bundles brought, some bases you can no longer deploy your sunderer near the teleporter or the jumping pad because they are too close to the capture point, I don´t recall where that happened, but it was strange.
Nott amp station is another base where the bubble is too small to have any real effect other then making the defense more hard, well, I still love to fight on Nott, but since the warpgate rotation it is hard to get there, a friend told me that and I could not confirm it.
But the most useless NDS was on the crown and on tawrich tower, they bubbles don´t make the defenders walk more, or less, and doesn´t change the attacker way of attacking.
Well, I am ok with the currently NDS, but I think it needed more testing before implementing it to the game, the feeling we are playing a beta version of the game to the PlayStation 4 increases with each patch they release.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-07-11, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Fenrys
Major

Amp stations need an infantry equipment terminal in the central area . . .
Old 2013-07-11, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SternLX
Sergeant

Nott AMP Station no deploy is NOT working. You can still deploy an AMS Sundie inside the Shielded area. Just found that out the hard way. Pansy NC taking advantage of it.
Old 2013-07-11, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by SternLX View Post
Nott AMP Station no deploy is NOT working. You can still deploy an AMS Sundie inside the Shielded area. Just found that out the hard way. Pansy NC taking advantage of it.
Did he take advantage or adapt and over came?

(bad joke I know, but Heartbreak Ridge was a good movie and you walked right into that)
Old 2013-07-11, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by SternLX View Post
Facility/ Environmental Updates

Sunderer No Deploy Zones
Facilities and Outposts on Indar and Amerish now have Sunderer No Deploy Zones.
These function just like the No Deploy Radius around allied deployed Sunderers
These zones prevent someone from parking a Sunderer right on top of a capture point, forcing players to fight to the capture points on foot

Sorry, it was my bad, there are no NDS on Esamir.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-07-11, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Well, I am ok with the currently NDS, but I think it needed more testing before implementing it to the game, the feeling we are playing a beta version of the game to the PlayStation 4 increases with each patch they release.
In a MMO that is ever evolving you are technically always in beta. The nature of MMOs makes it impossible to have a 100% problem free product anywhere close to launch. You can do as much internal and external testing as you want, but once you have the sheer numbers of full release and new players then you still find tons of issues. New players can help find bugs quicker in some cases because they aren't familiar with the game.

You don't get out of beta until the game is no longer getting steady support which is usually a sign of the game dying and no longer being of interest to the developers. So you can be negative towards the PS4 version coming, but you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-07-11 at 08:41 AM.
Old 2013-07-11, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
Amp stations need an infantry equipment terminal in the central area . . .
That is a very good point. Put it where the SCU shield gen use to be.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
No deploy zones shouldn't affect the defending force. At all.
Exactly
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-07-11, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
phungus
Master Sergeant

I knew this would be the main effect the moment no deploy zones were announced. This was the obvious goal of no deploy zones, the devs want the battle "arenas" to flow how they designed them to; having defenders popping sunderers inside the most defensive point of a base ruined their whole arena base design. I want to see how it plays out, no reason to complain until we see the effect on gameplay (and really everyone here should have been expecting this anyway, the surprise expressed in this thread is downright strange). This may very well end up being a great change.

I do have an important question though, one that cuts to the heart of why I often feel like the devs don't really have a solid grasp of their own game. Since this change has been implemented Do amp Stations and Tech plants have infantry terminals inside the shields by the Tank spawns now?

If not, someone needs to put one there, it's not an option, it's an imperative. Granting access to an infantry terminal in the main defensive and central locations by the tank spawns in the games 2 main battle arenas/bases was really the primary reasons for deploying a sundee in the middle of amp stations and tech plants since the implementation of the tunnels. This really isn't an optional thing either, there must be an infantry terminal in those locations. This can't wait for GU13, an infantry terminal needs to be there now; this is one of those things that not doing it will cause players to quit out of frustration.

I repeat, if it's not there there has to be an infantry terminal placed in those locations where people used to deploy sunderers!

Last edited by phungus; 2013-07-11 at 12:32 PM.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
Do amp Stations and Tech plants have infantry terminals inside the shields by the Tank spawns now?

If not, someone needs to put one there. That was one of the main reasons for deploying a sundee there, especially in the amp station.
the tech plant has always had one within the shields
Old 2013-07-11, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
phungus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
the tech plant has always had one within the shields
Not by the tank terminals, it's in the center. And yes, tech plants can still get by, but there really should be one in the same area where the tanks spawn - needing to run all the way back to the middle of the base from the tank spawns is non trivial in a battle.

Without a central infantry terminal though inside the shields of the amp stations, the amp stations have become broken in terms of base design and defense. That's not right, it's very wrong in fact.
Old 2013-07-11, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
I think everyone thought no deploy zones would only affect attacker's.... apart from the dev's.
Them silly devs.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-07-11, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Them silly devs.
Too true. They're forcing the issue of SOI in my opinion. They're not going to go directly to the solution that was used in PS1. I mean they've had 10 years of success in being comletely different from the arena FPS games and when they launched PS2, they designed it with a bunch of little arenas on one continent.

They're overdoing it on the "fix" for NDZ's so that they can implement SOI in a future GU. It's funny how all of the problems that creep up are being solved by PS1 mechanics. You'd figure they'd have leaned something from being the only company with an MMOFPS for over a decade.

I'd almost bet that on one of the next continents released, we'll see more enclosed bases with tunnels and a more defined courtyard, like those of PS1. Hell even if it's just a few of the bases, I'd be curious to see how many people prefer the gameplay of a more "traditional" PlanetSide base configuration.
Old 2013-07-11, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Mustarde
Private

Yesterday on Mattherson there was a big fight at Zurvan. It was held by TR, but the VS were heavy on the point.

BWC loaded up 3 gals and dropped on the roof. Knowing that they couldn't put a sundy in the center room, we breached the point, with maxes, AV grenades and other assorted infantry units. We cleared the point with relative ease and supporting zerg were able to kill the handful of sunderers nearby, in addition to repairing a shield gen. It was the easiest resecure of an amp station that I have ever had, and the fight was very heavy (well over two platoons on each side).

So I'm willing to sit back and see how this plays out, but from what I can see, it makes amp stations VERY easy to defend, now that you can't load the vehicle bay with sunderers.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion