Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted] - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dolphin safe
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-13, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
Eishi
Private

Misc Info
Re: Clans invited to play beta early!

Well said, heh.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Gholan
Private

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
It is somewhat hilarious to finally see the beta starting and it's being met with screams of writhing torturous agony as many of us in the community aren't in it. lol
Probably because many long-time supporters of the game are getting overlooked.

I don't understand why PS1 has not been made free to play in the meantime especially since they have been advertising streams of it the past few nights. If you want to keep beta small, fine, but at least let PS1 players show off what this franchise is capable of by inviting everyone back free of charge for a proper send-off. I guarantee THAT will be stream worthy.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
Kurzgan
Private

I’ve looked all over for the best FPS and MMO groups in the world, the elite of the elite. I believe that you are in that elite group

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
I laughed so hard.
I know right? It should read, "I looked on youtube and noticed that when I typed in FPS Games your videos came up first."
Old 2012-06-13, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm guessing that's going to happen once PS2 is on track and pulling.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Hey! Sweet news... I hope it's true!

I didn't read through all the post, I just scrolled through them after page 5 looking for a blue post, but didn't see any... I know I'm sorry, I'm a terrible person. But if it's been confirmed or dismissed already, could you repeat it?
Old 2012-06-13, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
Synapse
First Sergeant

I'm going to contain my feelings and say that this is ....interesting...
Old 2012-06-13, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
UKSwiFT
Corporal

Great news! Now I can pretend not to be jelly of all those lucky sods that get in. :P
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-13, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I think they want a wide diversity of feedback from different types of MMO and FPS gamers for their initial impressions in beta. We're all tainted with the bias of being enthusiastic veterans and not their target audience.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Well I just deleted the first whining post about this. I don't want to see these and they don't add anything to the discussion. This is my second time saying this. Anyone else who does this will receive a infraction.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
Nobel
Master Sergeant

SOME OF YOU ARE READING INTO THINGS THAT ARE IN NO WAY SAID.

These people AREN'T playing beta, and they AREN'T getting into beta before the first wave of players, they will be among them.

We must keep calm here, SOE is making good decisions here, we always knew the first wave wouldn't be only Planetside players, they are assuring that WHEN the first wave happens, the people who are going to be in are those who will actually play and be useful beta testers.

Please now, stop sensationalizing; we will know more when more public information on First Platoon is released.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
Azreale
Private

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Well I just deleted the first whining post about this. I don't want to see these and they don't add anything to the discussion. This is my second time saying this. Anyone else who does this will receive a infraction.
Well done sir, he was frightening the women and children.

As for the possibility of early access to oldschool clans, well it sounds good to me. This further signals SoEs seriousness to make a team based game, what better early testers to have, than established team players. Beta, especially early and closed, is not a right (based on subscriber status or time played), its based on what feedback is required and in which areas.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
NivexQ
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

This makes me so happy and sad and the same time...

NivexTR - TR - 30/5 - -=The Black Sheep=-
SYNxNivexQ - NC - 26/4 - [:::::SYN:::::]
NivexVS - VS - 19/2? - SYNDICATEVS?

http://www.twitch.tv/nivexq
I don't broadcast much, but you never know
Old 2012-06-13, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Having ruminated about this for a while, I find it a little odd that this was 'leaked out', so to speak, when we've had such close communication with the developers thus far (barring the recent lapse, presumed to be due to the work of preparing for E3).
This is totally normal for game development though, so it should really come as no surprise. Still, it is disappointing that from here on out we're unlikely to be seeing the developers on these forums anything like as frequently as we have done.

Their choice of players to invite, though, was spot-on. Community leaders of any sort have a greater tendency than the normal population to have good communication skills, as well as being disciplined enough to take the time to really think about what would most improve the game. Inviting PlanetSide community leaders was definitely a good step too.

The one thing which is ominous, is the way that now it's all but inevitable that when the PS1 players and PCGamer key-holders get into beta, it will be some kind of server-testing iteration of the beta. A long wait without consistent communication may sour some opinions.

As a tangential note, I hope they get massive numbers of people playing the game before they lock down any features. I'm not saying that they should change much, but as people repeatedly stressed in the prone discussion, something that is fun and adds to the game for experienced players, may make the game ultimately too frustrating to continue playing in the long term for average players, and we need those players.

Considering these registrations were recent, we can expect there not to be anything new out of the developers (apart from a cursory announcement, although I doubt that) for a little while. I'd expect it to be at least a fortnight before anything of interest is released. Might as well dig in for the wait again.
It's a good thing we're seeing progress though. However, I wasn't expecting it to be quite this tortuous. Guess that's what I get for watching E3 videos >.< . At the end of the day the quality of the game is what matters, and the developers have given me enough reasons to trust them.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to re-start my standing order of smack.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
ringring
Contributor
General

I looked through the names on the forums and the ones with more than one posting against them are a very small number, so I think all this is overblown at the moment. No doubt there is something happening, but I don't think it is happening right now.

The other thing about those names is that I didn't recognise a signle ops

ps Evilpig is not one of them.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
Timey
Staff Sergeant

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...invited_early/

"First platoon isn't a beta invite, it's a forum for outfit / clan and community leaders to interact and give feedback to the dev team. Beta hasn't started yet except for a few internal SOE teams. We will of course be starting beta small and expanding out once we can handle the load for each group, we'll be adding ps1 vets and priority beta key accounts first, as we've been pretty open about. There will be different phases, you may very well have a friend in beta when you aren't yet. This isn't an exclusivity thing. We have to ramp up like this rather than just inviting 50,000 people in one day and crashing the servers, learning nothing.

Hope you all understand and appreciate that we want nothing more than to have all of you in the beta ASAP, but if we don't do it intelligently we'll just waste time, yours and ours, and delay our eventual release."
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion