Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted] - Page 23 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where STD's are like Pokemon, you gotta catch em all!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-13, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #331
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Sorry you guys didn't hear directly from us about what was happening with this, you should have. A lot of balls in the air around here lately, we're doing our best to stay as communicative as possible without giving anyone any expectations we can't deliver on. It's a tough balance and we'll get better.
You guys are already doing an amazing job! People can go crazy over assumptions made over the smallest bit of information, I think it got a bit out of hand this time because of the population boom PSU has seen recently and the number of people that were apparently available to post on these forums for the last eleven hours.

By the way, I hope PG are on that list...
Old 2012-06-13, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #332
golfmasta34
Corporal

Other than the sour grapes in this thread, it's gone surprisingly well. I expected to hear my outfit get dragged through the mud about how we are nobodies etc etc. Well, that did happen in a couple posts, but only people with entitlement problems ("If I don't know them, they were not important or respected").

The Archangels were a large outfit in game for awhile (100+ members). We were in the beta very early. And while we haven't been playing for awhile now, we absolutely LOVE Planetside, and are scratching at the walls to get into PS2.

Hell, I wasn't even invited into First Platoon and I'm the actual leader of the outfit . I trust Snipefrag's opinion though, and he did lead the PS1 group.

Let's hope this entitlement syndrome doesn't manifest during beta invites.

Join the Archangels, an 9+ year old original PS1 beta outfit. www.archangelsgaming.com
Old 2012-06-13, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #333
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Golf, that is very odd lol.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #334
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by DerFurst View Post
Those people "more qualified" to test the game don't make you any less qualified at all. If SOE wanted only the most qualified people testing, they would bring in a spec ops team of elite planetside players and leave everyone else out completely. They need opinions from everyone, not just a select few. Taking information from one biased control group is terrible science and the making of a very counterproductive beta.
Oh yeah, I'm not writing myself off. I intend to be a valuable tester and give as much feedback as is humanly possible. I just also understand why some of these close knit outfits would be valuable to have as the earliest entrants. Their organization will even help other testers as they trickle in.

I'd still rather get in sooner than later to help out, as I'm sure many others would. But I just don't really feel hurt or anything that I don't meet their criteria for absolute first entrants. I'll get my chance to help when the game is ready for my contributions to be valuable, as we all will.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #335
Karmic Revenge
Corporal

I don't know that the actual "outfit leaders" are the ones who have to be involved anyway. I make the assumption that we're not the only outfit that has multiple competent leaders. As long as someone who is experienced and respected is the one being included from an outfit, it should be good enough. (Besides, as you noted, he led in PS1.)
Old 2012-06-13, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #336
golfmasta34
Corporal

Originally Posted by Karmic Revenge View Post
I don't know that the actual "outfit leaders" are the ones who have to be involved anyway. I make the assumption that we're not the only outfit that has multiple competent leaders. As long as someone who is experienced and respected is the one being included from an outfit, it should be good enough. (Besides, as you noted, he led in PS1.)
I agree, which is why I didn't rage when he posted that on our forums. It's no biggie. Snipefrag played PS1 a hell of a lot longer than I did, so he's definitely earned the right to represent the Archangels in First Platoon.

Join the Archangels, an 9+ year old original PS1 beta outfit. www.archangelsgaming.com
Old 2012-06-13, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #337
Serotriptomine
Sergeant

How can this be bad news?
For all intents and purposes this means beta is here, and now, and eventually people en-mass will be invited in.

Props.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-13, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #338
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Sorry you guys didn't hear directly from us about what was happening with this, you should have. A lot of balls in the air around here lately, we're doing our best to stay as communicative as possible without giving anyone any expectations we can't deliver on. It's a tough balance and we'll get better.
Thanks Matt, I appreciate your replies here. I apologize for being a bit overzealous. You all have been great to us, and though this thread may not be typical of it, we appreciate you taking the time to keep tabs on the community. You have some very passionate fans and we all want PlanetSide 2 to be the best it can be.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #339
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by golfmasta34 View Post
I agree, which is why I didn't rage when he posted that on our forums. It's no biggie. Snipefrag played PS1 a hell of a lot longer than I did, so he's definitely earned the right to represent the Archangels in First Platoon.
Sane, logical, mature... a self moderated attitude to be respected.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-06-13, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #340
Xyntech
Brigadier General

So Higby... with you being so busy right now, when are you going to find time to cut your hair?
Old 2012-06-13, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #341
Karmic Revenge
Corporal

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
Sane, logical, mature... a self moderated attitude to be respected.
We're all getting in, and it's happening soon. Flying off the handle isn't the way to deal, and it's apparent that at least some people know it.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #342
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

I got no problems with it at all.. When my group get's to test we get to test until then

TR!
Old 2012-06-13, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #343
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Karmic Revenge View Post
We're all getting in, and it's happening soon. Flying off the handle isn't the way to deal, and it's apparent that at least some people know it.
Agreed, especially given his somewhat unique position, and take on it.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-06-13, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #344
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
So Higby... with you being so busy right now, when are you going to find time to cut your hair?
Soon
Old 2012-06-13, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #345
Xazbot
Private

Well I got no beef with that. Hyping to put my paws in beta too thats all I'll say
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion