Johari, Aug. 11/12, VS versus NC at Shango.....good fun! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We're high on Planetside
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-12, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Meyvon
Private

Johari, Aug. 11/12, VS versus NC at Shango.....good fun!

just wanna say hi to all the NC that were at Shango earlier in the night fighting us(VS) on Johari. that was a helluva battle IMHO.

I had a blast. I wanna know the name of that one NC Sniper that I got into a stalemate with(I THINK it was Argorn, but I am not sure). He was crouching in a doorway, and I was crouching on the tower balcony, and we kept hitting each other, but neither of us could finish the other off. A CLASSIC Sniper Duel, in the middle of a big war. I ended up eating dirt on that one, cause the NC finally took the tower, and I caught a JackHammer in the back.

i hope that guy reads this forum and this thread, cause we need to finish that duel. JackHammer to the back doesn't count.

Last edited by Meyvon; 2003-08-12 at 01:40 AM.
Old 2003-08-12, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Sure it does, you died! :P

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-08-12, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NCG JMan
First Sergeant

Re: Johari, Aug. 11/12, VS versus NC at Shango.....good fun!

Originally posted by Meyvon
just wanna say hi to all the NC that were at Shango earlier in the night fighting us(VS) on Johari. that was a helluva battle IMHO.

I had a blast. I wanna know the name of that one NC Sniper that I got into a stalemate with(I THINK it was Argorn, but I am not sure). He was crouching in a doorway, and I was crouching on the tower balcony, and we kept hitting each other, but neither of us could finish the other off. A CLASSIC Sniper Duel, in the middle of a big war. I ended up eating dirt on that one, cause the NC finally took the tower, and I caught a JackHammer in the back.

i hope that guy reads this forum and this thread, cause we need to finish that duel. JackHammer to the back doesn't count.
I know what you mean about the sniper dueling. It adds some more flavor to the game. I had a duel with someone called MasterJester. I would snipe him and he would snipe me. I think we did that like three times. He was good. I am a fair sniper. He could pick me off while running. I still need to learn how to do that. I gave up the sniping cert to get my Lightning back. Sniping can be a lot of fun when you have a lot of targets. I may just get that cert again soon.
Old 2003-08-12, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Meyvon
Private

the way mine was, we were both stuck in our same positions..trying to get off that finishing shot he knew where i was, i knew where he was, and we would both pop up, shoot, and take cover. we were both creeping around trying to get that view and position where we could see our target, but our target couldn't see us. I'm assuming the guy was a medic as well, because I he kept healing (I had advanced targetting on) after I'd shoot him. unless he had a medic sitting at the bottom of the stairs.

I don't know about other folks, but it seems to me that when there are two good snipers opposing each other, they kind of form a 'game within the game'. Each sniper would be focused on the opposing sniper, in the midst of everyone else trying to take a base or objective. whereas the entire horde of allies and enemies are focused on attacking and defending a base..amidst the big booms, and tanks, and air fire, and such...the two snipers are focused on nothing but eliminating that other sniper. I have played a sniper character in ever FPS I have ever tried (because with regular weapons I am a TERRIBLE shot, ESPECIALLY shooting on the run, but for some reason i am good with sniper rifles), and the normal grunts in most games don't understand the Sniper Game, unless they get involved in it as well. and you don't see these types of 1 on 1 duels in the middle of a large scale battle outside of the Snipers very often. Perhaps the only other place in PS these types of encounters can be expected is in Air Dogfights. but even then, in my limited experience, Air fighting is largely a group activity most times.

BTW in an off-key note, I think that Accuracy stats should be added to our stats pages. Sniping is about shot selection, patience, and Ammo Management,(We get the least amount of ammunition in the whole game IMO, so every shot counts...I routinely walk around with only 50 total rounds, unless I am carrying a back-up weapon) and not neccessarily about kills(since there are no one-shots), and we should have some stats to reflect that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion