Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Official sponser of the 2003 e-Penis competition
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-06-29, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
Crator
Major General

Re: Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win

Never did I once say that a player who runs out in the middle of a field shouldn't be able to get killed by a vehicle. In fact, I stated "It does happen", which covers the infantry standing in the middle of a field. My post was more around being fodder for vehicles while inside at a base. I thought it was pretty obvious I was talking about that since I mentioned dome shields and such. Of course if an infantry was standing out in the middle of a field they should be easily killed by vehicles since that's the place vehicle play should occur. Now, that doesn't mean I don't want some more utilities for infantry in the field such as cloak bubbles, traps, ability to lay mine fields (not same type of mines they have currently in-game. PS1 type mines.)
Old 2013-06-29, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
Obstruction
First Sergeant

My post was more around being fodder for vehicles while inside at a base.
i understand, but i think where we disconnect is where you don't get it that infantry are weak. they are crafty and inexpensive. but they don't tank hits and at best they can run into a building and shoot rockets from the windows.

maybe i'm saying that badly. i'm sure you get it. but what i'm trying to get across is that the weakness/cheapness is their role. they're cannon fodder. almost literally.

there need to be loss conditions other than population. i think you'll be ultimately disappointed in the lack of tension when all you get is a numbers battle in your bubbletown. but we'll see i guess.

at this point we're derailed from resource issues, although it was originally related to vehicle availability.

Last edited by Obstruction; 2013-06-29 at 08:10 AM.
Old 2013-06-30, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
ketarakh
Private

Why not make resources used to craft temporary cosmetics (based on time or number of uses) and completely get rid off resources influence on actual battle. And put cooldown on infantry stuff that has none like grenades, mines, C4 etc. Like that stuff is being assembled by nanites on the move, but requires some time.
All in all having one more restriction on stuff, that already have restriction (cooldown) is frustrating and not very fun.
Old 2013-07-06, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
o Solei o
Private

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
What do you think of infantry, ground, and air all using the same resource?
I could be down for that, or allowing us to convert one type to another. Can create some complications in not encouraging people to move to different gameplay types (I only fly as a cheap way to get from pt A to pt B because they're otherwise thrown away resources). On the other hand, it doesn't hobble people who really spend heavily in a certain type (veh/MAX/engi/etc.).

As another suggestion, would it be possible to have a second option next to "Resupply automatically" that let's us set a "fill priority" that will spend excess resources that would be lost on filling specific pools in order of priority listed? There are definitely times I lose resources I should be using to restock because I'm to focused on making sure I'm helping my squad accomplishes their goals.
Old 2013-07-06, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

It isn't borderline p2w. Its hardcore p2w. By the way, the system of selling overpowered weapons and nerving it a month later is a borderline fraud.
Old 2013-07-07, 03:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
phungus
Master Sergeant

I really would like to see player action resource bonuses. Certain things that get XP now would make more sense to be bonuses as resources. Also I think vehicles, including MAXes, should be on a different resource counter then infantry tools and explosives.

I'd really love to see +25 air resouces Air Superiority Bonus, instead of the 100XP. Especially since when we get kill credits for shooting down planes the XP earning is going to be too high for A2A ESFs anyway.

Could grant +25 infantry resource for the assist bonuses you get on guys killed while concussed or blinded from flash and concusive grenades. Things like that are just nice, and reward and incentivize creative and skilled play.
Old 2013-07-07, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Klypto
Private

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Not going to comment on boosts, sorry.

What do you think of infantry, ground, and air all using the same resource?
It would be more interesting if they used combinations of each and were changed from "mechanized" "air" and "infantry" to the old resource names.

Lightning uses ground and air.

MBT uses all 3

Sunderer uses ground and infantry

Harasser uses ground and infantry.

Flash uses ground.

Galaxy uses all 3

Liberator uses air and ground

ESF uses air and infantry

Max uses all 3

Tank mines use infantry and ground

C4 uses infantry and air

Anti-personnel mines are infantry only.

Each of course with varying levels of combination. It would also be interesting if loadouts impacted which type resource costs vehicles and maxes had.

This way different people will value territories and their respective resources more evenly instead of tank drivers only care about these specific places, pilots only care about over in these areas and ground pounders are only interested in the infantry bases.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion