Vanu Maxes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We'll pull your finger.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-21, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Urthstripe
Private

Vanu Maxes

They aren't underpowered like many say. I've had countless encounters with them while I'm in my TR AI MAX and one on one, docked or undocked, they waste me in 3-5 seconds. And if they're a moron, I can empty 400-600 rounds into them and they keep pummeling me. I think they smacked them with a Super XO9-A43 Power Bat rather then a nerf bat like everyone says. But when I go up against New Conglomerate AI Maxes... I can kill 2-3 of them before I drop... So� Yea. :P Just think how many a Vanu AI Max can kill... 5-6 before on of them drops. I say nerf the Vanu AI a bit and smack the shit out of the NCs AI max with the Super XO9-A43 Power Bat.

That's my two cents worth...

P.S. - Lightning�s own all. I say they need a bit more armor, but other then that... Their chain gun is that of a docked TR AI Max, and their cannon creams flying craft and ground troops. And best of all, they're fast as freaking hell.

(Sorry for the odd post, but my friend and I haven't really slept for a few days and I'm still running on the 2 hours of sleep that I got 5 days ago.)

Old 2003-04-21, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gerico
Corporal

This was how DAoC was ruined, everyone cried nerf to everything, instead of saying "well thats good, but this could do with improving" instead of getting things nerfed, get them equal.

Old 2003-04-21, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sprocket
Corporal

I was attacking a TR base with two Vanu MAXes supporting and they just tore up everthing. Plus instead of having to walk all through the base to get to the top levels, they just use their anti-grav and pop up there in a couple seconds. TR has some nice infantry weapons, but VS has the MAXes covered.
Old 2003-04-21, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
alphabet
Private

Yeah, the Vanu MAXs' kick butt. I know because Im a TR MAX driver. They tear through my armor like a knife through warm butter. However, I look at it as a challenge, more than something that needs to be nerfed. They are tough but not impossible to kill; you can still get in a tank and run them over. lol

My best kill against one of em, was when a few squaddies were tearing one up. The Vanu max did a 'Mary Poppins' and I shot him outta the air with my Burster Max. That was a hOoT!

alph
Old 2003-04-21, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Gerico
Corporal

^See thats the kind of attitude you need^

If they can be hurt, they can die and you still have weapons.

Old 2003-04-21, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
BeerJedi
Sergeant

Hmmm... I have seen some Vanu Max's rip through our ranks (i'm testing the TR side of it). But we've been ripping through most of the Vanu's Footsoldiers. And when u can isolate a Max, TR infantry pack quite a punch.

Its very even in my opinion. Its all about team work. a TR MAX that stays with its support personel is extremely deadly.
Old 2003-04-21, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
thegame109
First Sergeant

I went one on one with a tr ai max and was unloading wave after wave of firepower on him.He turned around clamped and killed me lol

PLANETSIDE!!
Old 2003-04-21, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

BeerJedi hit the nail on the head, it totally is all about teamwork, if you have a varied squad that knows their role, and a good commander leading, you can get anything acomplished and have a ton of fun in the process.

Oh and yeah.. the VS Maxes are scary as hell.. even in my reaver I'm afraid of them. But they can be killed fairly easy if you work as a team

Sig By Airlift
Old 2003-04-21, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
tora868
Private

I personally dont have a huge amount of trouble with VS MAXs as long as im anchored (TR MAX driver), but if im unanchored I think its about a fair fight: whoever has better skills or luck wins. Taking on other MAXs is one the things that I find so great about this game, it gives me and my squad a challenge and makes us work as a team. Though I do think that NC MAXs are a bit underpowered, dont know how to fix them though.

Tora
Old 2003-04-21, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

The trick about MMO games is Equality, but in different ways. the NC max should have more of an active assault role because of it's abilities as a walking meat-shield. the TR max is suited for defense, with it's lockdown. the VS max is good for tacticall assault, with application of it's grav-jump to exploit tactical opportunities. as such, all three should have fairly balanced arsenals, suited to their roles.

How to fix the NC maxes? a possibility is to make their shield tougher, have their shield not reduce their fire-rate so much, or increase their fire rate altogether. they probably don't need any damage increases.

Last edited by Sando138; 2003-04-21 at 09:46 AM.
Old 2003-04-21, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jimbo
Master Sergeant

I was goofing off in a Reaver the other day and I kept a Vanu Max distracted while I team mate got closer and killed him.
Old 2003-04-21, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Spinnaker
Corporal

Heck witha squad of just emn all you need is a AV weapon to take out any max

Technology equals MIGHT

there is no such thing as over kill, just under cooked
Old 2003-04-21, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
thegame109
First Sergeant

That might have been me on my first beta game as i did see this reaver and shot at him.But i got owned doing it from soneone else hehe.

PLANETSIDE!!
Old 2003-04-21, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The NC MAX needs to be fixed..

As it is now, it's pretty bad. The shield is dropped when its fired and you can WALK inside it and kill the MAX if you're another MAX.

Need to make it come back faster after shooting and so that you can't walk inside it.

VS MAX's kick ass
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion