PSU: Don't hurt me!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2012-12-16, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Mouse... Stops Tracking?

Well, originally I was running Planetside 2 on my crappy HP Pavilion DV7. Finally though, I have my new desktop with a GTX 660ti and a 3570k processor. Runs like a charm for the most part, rarely ever dips below 60 fps, sometimes surpasses 100, so graphical performance is no longer my issue.

Now, I seem to have a little mouse problem, and it only seems to happen in this game. For some reason, my mouse just randomly stops working, whether I'm in a huge battle or sitting at an empty warpgate, it doesn't matter. It just seems to stop tracking, and I have to reapply it to my mousepad a few times to get it working again. People tell me it's my mousepad or my mouse, but I've tried different mice and mousepads, none of which fixed my problem. It gets me killed in a good few fights, and manages to end my killstreaks quickly. I would appreciate some input, as this is really killing the experience..

EDIT: After experimenting more, I have discovered that not only does it seem to stop tracking, but both mouse buttons stop working. If I am aiming down sights, it unaims, and if I'm shooting, it stops shooting.

Last edited by Palerion; 2012-12-16 at 05:20 PM.
Old 2012-12-17, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Mouse... Stops Tracking?

This is only happening in PS2, not on the desktop or other games? Have you tried other USB ports?
Old 2012-12-24, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Palerion
Sergeant Major

I have not tried other USB ports. Not sure if that would help any. May the cause of the problem be that my wireless mouse and keyboard are paired to the same logitech reciever? I figured this would not be the case as they are both low bandwidth devices, but I'm absolubtely dumbfounded as to what the problem might be. I'll certainly try to use a different port, but I'm not so sure that will help any.
Old 2013-01-05, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
noMnoM
Private

stop throwing concussion nades? lol. j/k. ive had this happen too when there are many large explosions happening at once.
Old 2013-01-05, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Do you have usb selective suspend on in your power options?

Old 2013-01-06, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
I have not tried other USB ports. Not sure if that would help any. May the cause of the problem be that my wireless mouse and keyboard are paired to the same logitech reciever? I figured this would not be the case as they are both low bandwidth devices, but I'm absolubtely dumbfounded as to what the problem might be. I'll certainly try to use a different port, but I'm not so sure that will help any.
I have this same issue with my HT PC - wireless logitech trackball will sometimes stop working. I've traced that issue to just weird radio interference that creates a dead zone right on my armchair's right arm. Anywhere else in the room, it works fine. Try sticking the USB receiver in a different port, preferably one on the front of your tower, or if your monitor has a USB port, then in there, maybe?

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2013-01-15, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
nevica
Private

Hello,

I have a similar problem with mouse tracking. Occasionally, the mouse will stop tracking in the y direction meaning I can only move backwards or forwards in game. I cannot look around. The way I get around this is to press escape and it fixes itself.

This is obviously a problem with the Planetside software and it is the only game I play which this happens.

Sony, please fix this problem!!

Nevica
Old 2013-01-16, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
burkorobe
Private

I figured this would not be the case as they are both low bandwidth devices
Old 2013-01-16, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by burkorobe View Post
I figured this would not be the case as they are both low bandwidth devices
It's not an issue of bandwidth but an issue of signal interference. I've noticed that in my case the problem is most noticeable when my phone is next to the mouse (the phone usually has bluetooth on).

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2013-01-20, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Oh my gosh, sorry guys I fixed my problem and totally abandoned this thread without leaving a notice that I had found a solution!

Anyway, my issue was that my USB reciever was in a port on the back of my extremely large case. I play on a 40 inch TV in my living room (hardcore, right?), so I sit a good distance away from my case anyway.

Just for a size reference, this is the case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119225

So yeah, for future reference guys, make sure your USB receiver is on the front of your case if you use a wireless mouse.

Another tip: Goku is always right. It took me like a week to finally take his advice and switch USB ports.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum