Loyalty promotion not granted to recent customers? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is keeping me from getting laid
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-03, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Thumbs down Loyalty promotion not granted to recent customers?

I'm sure plenty of people have heard about the Loyalty Soldier bundle they released, and apparently there is some controversy over it and I just wanted to see the different opinions here, and to make sure I'm reading the fine print right.
Here is a direct link to the promotion...

"Something for your loyalty"

It's a great promotion, and I hope they do more unique one time give-away's and random membership bonuses.

but there is also some fine print.

On the free month of premium membership...
Originally Posted by SOE
This offer is not available for PlanetSide 2 accounts with Premium Memberships or that made in-game item purchases since April 3, 2013.
So to be clear, if you currently are a Premium member (or had a membership after April 3rd) you are not awarded a free month of subscription for being loyal.

Plus, if you've never paid a subscription but have purchased any store items since April 3rd, you are not rewarded free time for being loyal

On the unique camo set...
Originally Posted by SOE
The free Camo Set is being granted to all Premium Members in good standing as of May 3, 2013, and to all accounts that receive the 30 days of free Premium Membership described above.
So if you let your membership run out after April 3rd, you where not given a free month so therefor no free camo, for your "loyalty."

So, just to be clear, the people who have paid money recently don't get to be considered "loyal"? No matter how long they where in beta, or how long they've subscribed, how much they've spent in the store?

Now I know people who've spent money often get a sense of entitlement or superiority but this has nothing to do with that. It seems like promotional gifts labeled as loyal, and yet it's restricted from some of the most loyal.

Is it a slap in the face from SOE's marketing department or a legitimate restriction?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-05-04, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Re: Loyalty promotion not granted to recent customers?

So after buying alpha squad and 6 month member I'm not entitled to it.. but some freeloader gets 1 free month. Yeah that fucks me off.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-05-04, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Surely Alpha Squad members with 6mth subs get the free month as well?

Edit:
No, looks like the loyalty reward of 1mth free premium is for those that cancelled their subscriptions as it turns out in my outfit.
So perhaps I should have cancelled.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-05-04 at 12:50 AM.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Unbelievable. Your loyal subscribers don't get a free month, but everyone else does.

What a fucking joke. How the fuck do I cancel my subscription? They make it a nightmare of puzzles just so you never do it.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I think its just a free month upgrade tho, not an actual free month?
Old 2013-05-04, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
DeltaGun
Sergeant

This deal is only for people who left the game. The membership bonus for one month is pretty minor anyway. I didn't get it but nor do I care.

I have the Alpha Squad bonus that SoE already buffed by making it effect Resources and last even longer. I also got the Loyal Soldier camo. I look forward to more veteran rewards in the future.

Last edited by DeltaGun; 2013-05-04 at 01:43 AM.
Old 2013-05-04, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Falcon_br
Captain

This doesn´t make sense, I buy items every week, and I receive the camos.
I am also a alpha squad.
But I don´t see the point of giving one month membership to those that already have it.
The point is making people seeing that membership is good and they should pay for it.
Receiving 24 certs/day it is awesome, I am really thinking of a one year subscribe!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-04, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DeltaGun View Post
This deal is only for people who left the game. The membership bonus for one month is pretty minor anyway. I didn't get it but nor do I care.

I have the Alpha Squad bonus that SoE already buffed by making it effect Resources and last even longer. I also got the Loyal Soldier camo. I look forward to more veteran rewards in the future.
Loyal Soldier camo isnt veteran reward. I was asking around in warpgate some dude had played only a few weeks and not spent anything, yet he still got it.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-05-04, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DeltaGun
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Loyal Soldier camo isnt veteran reward. I was asking around in warpgate some dude had played only a few weeks and not spent anything, yet he still got it.
Yeah, and I just logged in and I had the Premium membership even though I don't meet the criteria.

They probably just said f*** it and gave everything to everyone like they did with the PS1 veteran reward.
Old 2013-05-04, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

never mind

Last edited by Maarvy; 2013-05-04 at 03:07 AM.
Old 2013-05-04, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Valek Noor
Private

you wanna try being on a europe account then!!

Gets Nvidia code, cause code bought in USA cant use it. Support takes 3 WEEKS to come back to you. When they do say there is nothing they can do go trade it on steam.

Nvidia told me 10 minutes after contacting them that SOE can change the region settings for the codes....

Have to have an american account to use the test server

Have to have an american account to post on the main forums (the EU ones are a joke)

Dont play on EU servers cause of working hours (work evenings) play in american ones and I am part of an american outfit

Would have qualified for the promotion if i was on an american server

As it is i got nothing.

As a VS on waterson my reasons for continuing to play are disappearing fast
Old 2013-05-04, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Looks like a desperate move to get the veterans playing again.. No thanks, not until we get cross continental warfare.

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-05-04, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Gotta say this does piss me off a bit, I spent quite a bit of money in the Easter double SC sale - but because that's just past the cut-off, I don't get anything now. I know I'm not entitled to anything, but still, it's hard not to feel a bit gutted about it - especially since the offer page tells me I've had a free month and free camos awarded to me - but then this turns out not to be true.

Seems like it'd be more diplomatic to make the offer apply to anyone who has ever subbed or spent SC on the game - regardless of when, or if they're still subbed. Why punish people who spent money more recently?

Old 2013-05-04, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

That's odd. I got free membership and camos and the last time I spent money was... the last tripple sc sale. When was that? December?
I mean, it's cool that I got the stuff but I really don't know why I got it and others (like members) didn't get it.
The system is waaaaaay to confusing.
Just do it like other f2p titles and give people the free stuff without too much of artificial barriers. It's enough to make most (at least) come back and it doesn't cost a dime. It's not like they have to account for production cost and shipping. No money is lost on those who won't stay. But maybe money is made on those who do.
Free stuff is always a good idea.
Old 2013-05-04, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

WAAAHHH SOMEONE GETS FREE STUFF BUT I DONT! I ALSO WANT FREE STUFF! WAAH!

Fools...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion