What we know about Beta. - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: r0xx0r your B0xxorz
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-14, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: I got a ? for matt. This is a hard ? but needs to be asked.

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
True I can do that - I often don't because it throws posts out of line but in this case it will work since nobody has posted in that thread since earlier today
Forums are tricky. Threads get soo huge that new ones sometimes help. We know much more now than then, yet little, but I have tried to clear it up a bit, though that is now lost in massiveness.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-15, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #167
teh steve
Private

Re: What we know about Beta.

This game is going to make me lose sleep
Old 2012-03-15, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #168
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by dire View Post
Its not personal. I do under stand there has to be frist testers befor beta. To work out the most of the bugs. But when they say one thing and come out say other.

And when I'm called a "spoiled brat" for asking ?'s Well that to me is personal.

I been loyal for years and was hopeing they show the same to player's.

But now fineing out about a fazed in beta, well I just want it to be fare to everone. Not players who kiss a&& and family members and freinds of soe dev team. Who gets in frist.

And was hopeing that matt and the rest of the team do what they said, not this way. Everone get in when beta starts, thats what been put out there.

Makeing it up as they go. If that was the plain from the start. They should have said that from the start.

Becouse player's in my outfit are now worried about the ones who get in takeing there names and useing it agained my outfit. Becouse everone know that name and what type of player he/she is.

And its not just the player name's too but outfit names too.

How would you feel if someone got in befor you and took your name and outfit name and used it to hurt good players that been loyal to this game for years. Also how would you feel that the outfit you have build up for years get taken away becouse you didnt get a early invite.

Now if they plain, a week where players be able to down load the game but not able to get on to play the game, Thats gives everone time to down load the game, Then open up the game 8th day.

But The "comeing months" that means not everone, as they have put in tweets and facebook for few weeks.

As I said befor this name not my ingame name becouse someone took it allready.
My IQ just dropped.
Old 2012-03-15, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #169
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by UnknownDT View Post
My IQ just dropped.
Didn't know IQ's could drop to the minuses...
Old 2012-03-15, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #170
Purple
Sergeant Major

Its not personal. I do under stand there has to be frist testers befor beta. To work out the most of the bugs. But when they say one thing and come out say other.

And when I'm called a "spoiled brat" for asking ?'s Well that to me is personal.

But now fineing out about a fazed in beta, well I just want it to be fare to everone. Not players who kiss a&& and family members and freinds of soe dev team. Who gets in frist.

And was hopeing that matt and the rest of the team do what they said, not this way. Everone get in when beta starts, thats what been put out there.

Makeing it up as they go. If that was the plain from the start. They should have said that from the start.

Becouse player's in my outfit are now worried about the ones who get in takeing there names and useing it agained my outfit. Becouse everone know that name and what type of player he/she is.

How would you feel if someone got in befor you and took your name and outfit name and used it to hurt good players that been loyal to this game for years. Also how would you feel that the outfit you have build up for years get taken away becouse you didnt get a early invite.

Now if they plain, a week where players be able to down load the game but not able to get on to play the game, Thats gives everone time to down load the game, Then open up the game 8th day.

But The "comeing months" that means not everone, as they have put in tweets and facebook for few weeks.

if you dont understand what a Beta is just ask. also i dont understand "someone got in befor you and took your name and outfit name and used it to hurt good players that been loyal to this game for years." how would someone taking your name (which your in no way entitled to) harm other players?

just remain calm and remember that the Devs will need alot of people to be in beta to test out their thousand person battles. Have a great day.
Old 2012-03-15, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Didn't know IQ's could drop to the minuses...
WHOA! WHOA! HEY NOW! WHOA!

YOU WANNA FIGHT!?!
Old 2012-03-15, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
BloodySoul
Corporal

Just wanted to put this out there but, how do you people (being the complainers) expect them to release Beta if all of you are already fighting over who should get in "first"?? So lets take that idea of "first" and go into a theory.

Okay, so they open Beta and while DviddLeff's eye are starting to glow and shimmer, the first few people get picked. While DviddLeff is still in shock of the surprise he has gotten from Beta opening, two complainers start arguing that one got in but the other did not. Next thing you know more of these First Complainers are raging the forums on why they didn't get in and why they are being forced to wait longer. So the only way to stop the fighting is to just stop the Beta and now no one gets in until they are completely done. This would make DviddLeff have a heart attack and die. Do you want him to die? I don't think so. So STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WHEN YOU'RE GETTING INTO BETA AND BE PATIENT!!

Now onto the 2nd matter, IQ = Imagination Quality. That is all.
Old 2012-03-15, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
dire
Private

Well most who have made fun of me, are trying to make shur they kissing dev team a&& by beating up on anyone who ask ?'S. Also sound's like they been doing testing for ps2. This is the only game that I found thats keeps player's in the dark. About real details of the game. What has been put out looks greats. But Pic's and vid's are one thing. The real good stuff like suppy sys, whats going to be payed for whats free and other stuff thats not eye candy they keep to them.

The other game's I'm involved with and that I have been waiting for the beta, are open to all ?'s from players. Yes I'm have signed up for there beta. They keeped everone in the know of whats going on. Stuff the they aren't to sure about how player's would react too, they put out polls and we vote.

That game dev team doing the same with sign up for beta, but is open about ever thing about that game.
Old 2012-03-15, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
BloodySoul
Corporal

Well most who have made fun of me, are trying to make shur they kissing dev team a&& by beating up on anyone who ask ?'S. Also sound's like they been doing testing for ps2. This is the only game that I found thats keeps player's in the dark. About real details of the game. What has been put out looks greats. But Pic's and vid's are one thing. The real good stuff like suppy sys, whats going to be payed for whats free and other stuff thats not eye candy they keep to them.

The other game's I'm involved with and that I have been waiting for the beta, are open to all ?'s from players. Yes I'm have signed up for there beta. They keeped everone in the know of whats going on. Stuff the they aren't to sure about how player's would react too, they put out polls and we vote.

That game dev team doing the same with sign up for beta, but is open about ever thing about that game.

All the dev team is doing now is all for hype. Yes, it was a bit pre-mature when the Beta Key stuff came out. But its all for keeping people aware that the game WILL be BASS and that they are working their asses off to get things done. Its hard to keep an audience in wait, but its working out for them with what I can see. A lot of different forums ,according to my friends, have been talking about PS2 lately. So this is giving plenty of time to have the word spread to people who are unfamiliar about these types of games, or hell, maybe they are sport junkies who don't play computer games and will be interested in PS2 by what is released about it. Things take time.

As for people making fun of you. Welcome to the internet.
Old 2012-03-15, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by BloodySoul View Post
Just wanted to put this out there but, how do you people (being the complainers) expect them to release Beta if all of you are already fighting over who should get in "first"?? So lets take that idea of "first" and go into a theory.

Okay, so they open Beta and while DviddLeff's eye are starting to glow and shimmer, the first few people get picked. While DviddLeff is still in shock of the surprise he has gotten from Beta opening, two complainers start arguing that one got in but the other did not. Next thing you know more of these First Complainers are raging the forums on why they didn't get in and why they are being forced to wait longer. So the only way to stop the fighting is to just stop the Beta and now no one gets in until they are completely done. This would make DviddLeff have a heart attack and die. Do you want him to die? I don't think so. So STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WHEN YOU'RE GETTING INTO BETA AND BE PATIENT!!

Now onto the 2nd matter, IQ = Imagination Quality. That is all.
I do have a history of heart attacks in my family, so bear that in mind you complainers.
Old 2012-03-15, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Sign up for PS1 until Beta starts. I resubbed last night after an 8 year leave of absence. When I played back in 2003 it was a massive lagfest due to my 56k internet, Now on broadband with a kick ass comp the game is what I wanted it to be for me back in 2003 and the population was suprisingly high . I had a blast last night and PS1 will hold me over until Beta so you guys should give it a go. Tons of fun.
Old 2012-03-15, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
Serotriptomine
Sergeant

I don't mind who gets into what first...
SO LONG AS.
It's a very organized process.
Old 2012-03-16, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Hydra
Sergeant

What the hell happen to these forums? I leave for a few days and all of the sudden we got morons coming out of woodwork.

Alright, I think I'm done.
No Beta release date announce anytime soon, I have no reason to hang around here.

I can see what the future of this community is going to be, and I'm not interested I'll be back if they ever decide to release beta.
Old 2012-03-16, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
Serotriptomine
Sergeant

"This is nothing personal, I do understand that there needs to be QA testers before Closed Beta to take care of some of the bugs. But when they say one thing, and do another is what upsets me."

"I don't appreciate being called a "spoiled brat" for asking simple questions, I take offense to such things."

"I have been loyal to Planetside for years and was hoping they would show the player base the same respect."

"But now, after finding out about the beta being ramped up in phases, I just want it to be fair for EVERYONE. I don't want the priority access to Closed Beta to be given to 'Ass kissers, Family members, and Friends of the Development team before loyal players."

"I was hoping that Matt and the rest of the Devs would keep to their word, and not go this route. Everyone would get into Closed Beta when it starts, that is what has been said."

"If they were going to release more people into the Closed Beta in waves then it should have been what they said from the start."

"People in my Clan are worried that enemies of us are going to be able to take our Clan-names and player-names and slandering defacing them. People know who we are and we don't want a bad image at the start of this game."

"Player-names and Clan-names are at risk for anyone who has enemies."

"How would you feel if someone gained Closed Beta access before you and took your name and clan name and used it to harrass other players that have been loyal to Planetside for 'x' amount of years. How would you feel if who you were known as got striped away by some assholes that want to troll you?"

"Here's an idea, let players download the game a week in advance of (Closed Beta, Open beta, Launch) that would allow people to be ready for when they are able to log-in to the game. Allowing multiple days and then allowing access after a certain amount of leeway time."

"However they said that in the next coming months players would be invited to Closed Beta. That means not everyone will be able to be in the Closed Beta, like they have been saying in their Tweets and Facebook for weeks."

"As I said before, this isn't my in-game name because someone has taken it already."

I've "translated" this for everyone who thinks making fun of someone that isn't native in English, or maybe a bit too young is a funny thing. Grow up.
Old 2012-03-16, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
What the hell happen to these forums? I leave for a few days and all of the sudden we got morons coming out of woodwork.

Alright, I think I'm done.
No Beta release date announce anytime soon, I have no reason to hang around here.

I can see what the future of this community is going to be, and I'm not interested I'll be back if they ever decide to release beta.

Because one guys post is indicative of the entire communities future.

Catch ya later!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion