Any plans on making base capture have more options? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ▓ whoa, whats that?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Re: Any plans on making base capture have more options?

I'm sure there is going to be tonnes of different ways to capture bases, and I hope they add other features (like hacking force-shield-doors), which don't directly add to your capture-bar, but rather give you more options. A mini-game for some of these features would be nice too. Blacklight has the thing, when you are hacking, where you have to match the number and press either left or right, and it brings a very immersive tension into the game.

But yeah, things like outposts around a big base definitely need to give you access to things like tunnels, being able to turn off the light in the main facility and maybe accessing some doors remotely. Similarly the main base could have a central hub with a CPU that would be linked to alarm-systems in all of the different points of interest, able to alert the defenders of attackers who don't know how to bypass the laser/sensor system; you know, something for the infiltrators to make them feel important and/or badass. Or something along those lines. :P
Old 2012-07-15, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Re: Any plans on making base capture have more options?

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
Remove all 'hassles' and you're left with quite a dull unchallenging game. It's overcoming challenges / hassles which are the most memorable.

When you say Planetside my first thought is:
Entire team dropping from a galaxy on a base, fighting down to the basement, blowing the generator and holding the room against an overwhelming force.

Not:
Randomly shooting at people to capture point X for the millionth time. That's what eventually Planetside 2 will feel like. With every base being captured in the same way, after going back and forth capturing bases the same way for months you will wish there was a generator to blow up!
Sounds like a metaphor for life...

I agree completely. Some of the best fun I've had was in the strategic planning stages:- If we drop the gen at [blah] then the TR lose all cavern benefits, AMP station benefits, Tech plant and interlink. Then we can take their other base that much more easily. If a team of 10 goes and does a gen hold (boring, pain in the bum job) then the team as a whole will reap the benefits and go on to victory.

To me, that's awesome fun. You might like shooting things in the face over and over and over again and that's cool, but I'd rather be an gal pilot/engy/medic without a weapon behind a wall of maxes working for the greater good of the empire.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion