Regenerating Health?...Why? - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We make counterfeit pennies.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-06, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Inverness
Private

Re: Regenerating Health?...Why?

Originally Posted by stargazer093 View Post
just thinking, in this case, could a health system like mass effect 3 tweak the health regeneration and medic? which you have five smaller health bars, if one of them is gone and the second one is about half full, 20 secs later health will only regenerate to fill until the second bar. in order to get all the health bars full, you`ll need medic or medic terminal or whatever to patch you up
This seems like a good thing to consider. I can certainly see how having multiple health bars can factor into all kinds of things. You could have small med packs that fill up one bar or large med packs to fill up all of them.

You could have a cert to increase rate of regen for a bar, but not the number of bars (which would make things a bit too unbalanced I think). Only medics might have an additional bar or something and be the only class that can regenerate all their bars instead of just one. Having multiple bars like this would also simplify status displays for other people in your squad and such since you could just use 4 small squares or bars on squad display to show health percentage.

Just some ideas.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
Reapter
Private

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
The funny thing is I bet the people crying about this are the same people in Planetside 1 who healed themselves everytime they got shot......

They were probably against classes too when it came out.

So Planetside 2, has a slow as hell health regen....Which is way better than Planetside 1 where most people just healed themselves pretty damn fast since a lot of people had medic cert....and you guys are crying?....lol

This a huge improvement over Planetside 1.....The only reason people are hating because Health Regeneration is associated with Battlefield and Call of duty.

Fact is Medics will be way more valuable in planetside 2 than in Planetside 1.....where most people were medics with snipers/heavy assults etc and instantly healed themselves when shot.......so don't say it ruins the medic in Planetside 2 lol.

Devaluing medics LMAO.....Planetside 2 enhance them with classes.

BTW 1:18 to 1:56......Thats how much it took to go to full health, thats 38 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-4AePpza-4

I guess thats too much for planetside vets...they need to be able to heal our selves at 15 seconds or something.
This. Although I am sure there are a few who doesn't recognize that having a medic is better then just sitting still for long periods of time or better then being by there self.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by stargazer093 View Post
just thinking, in this case, could a health system like mass effect 3 tweak the health regeneration and medic? which you have five smaller health bars, if one of them is gone and the second one is about half full, 20 secs later health will only regenerate to fill until the second bar. in order to get all the health bars full, you`ll need medic or medic terminal or whatever to patch you up
This is very good idea imo. I don't like health regen as it is currently. Available by implant - ok, but as default thing - bad. What's the point of the personal shields then anyway if they were meant as a middle solution between HP regenerating and not regenerating?

edit: Hopefully that's only an E3 build thing.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Eyeklops View Post
As to the comments about the Health Regen implant in PS1, it was only really useful for cloakers.
And MAXes and Vehicle Drivers.

Because of that Mutha Cleggin Radiator.

Old 2012-06-06, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
meiam
Corporal

Well the thing not having it would educate player, this is F2P so people with no idea of what exactly is planetside all about will start playing the game. Now they'll get in a fire fight, lose some health, then hide in a corner and notice that there health isn't coming back, so that'll push to thinking:

1) Well I don't want to be in this kind of situation, maybe I should stick around with some people so they can heal me. Teach basic grouping skill.

2) Well I better make I sure I know where is the closest area were I can regen health and make sure to secure it. Teach them to make sure to know where stuff are on the map so they can easily get to a healing station.

3) Stop playing because if they want a game where all they need to do is shoot, stop, rinse and repeat, then PS2 isn't what they want. In fact with health regen it could lead to a bunch of people just playing it like any modern shooter, which, I think, would defeat the point of the game

Other stuff, the E3 demo we're seeing has spawn point placed closer to the fire fight specifically for the demo, it's not like that in the real game. If you don't want to have to run around with 2 health left, make sure you don't, force you to think beyond the next 2 second. Medic still have a role, but its pretty much just to revive people, replacing that medic by a guy who certed into squad spawn seem more efficient, so why would you have a maedic? Small group should have to think about there composition, instead of just going "lets just grab whatever shoot the hardest, we don't need support"

I'm all for health regen as something you need to cert into, you wanna play lone wolf, sure, learn how the game is actually played, then spec into lone wolf, not the other way around.

Last edited by meiam; 2012-06-06 at 07:03 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Nah, apparently getting people into thinking and things like "education" are so not 2012
PS2 is meant to be spawn-shot-die-spawn.. because... err... it's 2012 :P

Last edited by Kalbuth; 2012-06-06 at 07:38 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #157
Antivide
Corporal

Partial Regenerating health like Halo Reach.
Which I've got to say as someone who put close to 250 hours in that game, the fully regenerating shields but partial health regen worked extremely well.

1-34 percent you regenerate to 35 percent. You stay at 35 if you hit 35

36-50 percent you regenerate to 50 percent. You stay at 50 if you hit 50

51-74 percent you regenerate to 75 percent.

76-100 percent you fully regenerate to 100 percent.

I call it the 35-50-75 health system.

Regenerating health, but you still need a medic to top you off. Also makes a medics job in healing lightly wounded team mates easier. Simply top off a team-mate's health to 76 and they'll regen by themselves.

It also allows Medics to do triage. Heal critically wounded team mates to at least 51 percent so they'll be combat effective, this allows you to shift priorities in a heated firefight.

The regen at 76 percent would allow you to take minor hits and still regen to full health. The idea here is to make critically wounded players combat effective, but not nearly as combat effective as full health players. And if you take minor fall damage you're not totally gimped in combat

I could also do a poll or post something in the Ideas thread if we still can't agree on something.

Edit:
Basically this allows you to stay in the fight, but eventually you will have to find a medic. That's the point. The Medics are supposed to Heal AND revive. Not just revive, like some people keep saying. MEDICS, HEAL.

Last edited by Antivide; 2012-06-07 at 05:07 AM.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #158
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

I'm against any regenerating health, that's the whole reason they put in the shield system.

If they're going to have both shield and health regenerate, why bother putting in Shield/Health?

We HAVE medics. Lots and lots and lots of medics, with AOE healing. We don't need to have regenerating health on top of this.
Old 2012-06-07, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #159
bjorntju1
Captain

I think they just put it in for demo purposes. Atleast I hope it won't be in the full game. This makes medics much less usefull...
Old 2012-06-07, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #160
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Did medkits in PS make medics less useful? Just sayin.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #161
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by infinite loop View Post
Did medkits in PS make medics less useful? Just sayin.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #162
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
You had a favorite for ToD clearing via router specifically?
Old 2012-06-07, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #163
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
I think they just put it in for demo purposes. Atleast I hope it won't be in the full game. This makes medics much less usefull...
Takes 40 seconds of hiding without being shot to regen yourself, you can do that if you want, but a medic will make your whole squad have little to no downtime, they'll be far from useless
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion