MAX Style Inconsistencies / Feedback - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Errors have been made... others will be blamed!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-07, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: MAX Style Inconsistencies / Feedback

Originally Posted by Arokel View Post
Seems like it would be infringing on TR territory there with faster rof.
What? How? TR are supposed to get as many bullets out as possible in the shortest amount of time.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Arokel
Private

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
What? How? TR are supposed to get as many bullets out as possible in the shortest amount of time.
I completely misread your post. Thought you said VS MAX was firing too slow.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

They should give the TR MAX a continuous ammo feed instead. Also, did anyone notice if the TR Bursters were double-barreled or not? I hope so.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
chanic
Private

Hey wait. While watching the IGN interview stream I noticed the NC MAX scattercannon had a 7-shot magazine. You sure you didn't get the scattercannon and falcon ammo counts backwards, OP?

If that is the case, then falcon and pounder also both have 3 ammo. Maybe more placeholder stuff going on?
Old 2012-06-07, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
GoldDragon
Corporal

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
The MAX weapons seem a bit off in terms of how they map to empire characteristics.

Lets look at the ES MAX weaponry.

AI:
- TR Cycler, 50 round magazine (75-100 mag, higher RoF, less Dmg)
- NC Scattercannon, 3 round magazine (I suppose this is fine depending on reload time)
- VS Quasar, 50 round magazine (should be 30 with slower RoF, little more Dmg)

AV
- TR Pounder, 3 round magazine (10-20 mag, higher RoF, less Dmg)
- NC Falcon, 7 round magazine (same as above for NC)
- VS Comet, ??? (I'd say 10 mag with appropriate RoF and Dmg)
Nice catch on this stuff, my thoughts in ( ) after what you have above.

Originally Posted by SztEltviz View Post
Yes, TR max cycler is way to slow, it's thup-thup-thup instead of Prrrrrr
Yesh. XD

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
though I believe 7 rounds is what the Falcon had in PS1
It was a 20 round clip actually lol.

And that's that. Look forward to Beta!
Old 2012-06-07, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Arokel
Private

Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
They should give the TR MAX a continuous ammo feed instead. Also, did anyone notice if the TR Bursters were double-barreled or not? I hope so.
Didn't look like it to me. If they are then the muzzle cover (not sure what its called) is shared by the two barrels.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Bravix
Sergeant Major

I never had any trouble identifying the MAX's, including VS.

I thought the TR gun was fine...much faster and it'll lose effectiveness. Increasing speed/ammo would require higher recoil and lower damage. Plus it'll spam the audio and not sound as 'mean' as the current version. I'm tired of hearing the standard minigun prrrrr, this was a nice change.

Don't worry TR, I'm sure your MCG will prrrrr.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by chanic View Post
Hey wait. While watching the IGN interview stream I noticed the NC MAX scattercannon had a 7-shot magazine. You sure you didn't get the scattercannon and falcon ammo counts backwards, OP?

If that is the case, then falcon and pounder also both have 3 ammo. Maybe more placeholder stuff going on?
According to this screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/TfXXG.jpg

Scat cannon is on the left, and the indicator under it says "3", with the Falcon on the right, with the indicator under it "7".

From the video I saw numerous instances of the scat cannon firing 3 times and then reloading.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Johari
Staff Sergeant

AI:
- TR Cycler, 50 round magazine
- NC Scattercannon, 3 round magazine
- VS Quasar, 50 round magazine

AV
- TR Pounder, 3 round magazine
- NC Falcon, 7 round magazine
- VS Comet, ??? (I don't know, I didn't look at the comet to see if there was an issue, I'll edit in once I learn it)
Actually you have the NC AV and AI mixed up. All three empires MAX AV is 3 rounds and the NC Scattercannon is 7.

Edit: Bravix beat me to it. and I know what the screenshot shows but the E3 videos were different. Perhaps just a mix up. Let me find the video times for the NC MAX...

Ok so once again theres a burster on the left with 7 but the ammo counter goes down on the right off of the 28.
http://youtu.be/98bGepZsKc4?t=24m59s

And again this part shows Falcon shooting off once 3->2 while the scatter cannon fires off 7->2
http://youtu.be/fLakXgelJGY?t=6m11s

Last edited by Johari; 2012-06-07 at 05:54 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Any chaingun in real life and even in other games fires SOOO much faster than the DC TR Max. I'm with you guys, it should SPRAY bullets like a storm.

I LOVE the VS max though. seeing it with more finished animation really made me love it more. I embrace the crab arms and think it's fantastic!

I do agree though the AV and AI weapons are so similar you can't really tell the difference until it's shooting you.
Old 2012-06-07, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by GoldDragon View Post
It was a 20 round clip actually lol.
Gah. Was the Sparrow 8 or something, then?
Old 2012-06-07, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm sure with proper certifications these numbers could be adjusted. Such as the TR ROF increasing along with on hand Ammo. Same for the other MAX's. I guess that is where that customization comes in. I wouldn't worry to much about this till we get in beta and actually look at the cert trees for the individual MAX's.

Edit: I agree the VS MAX needs a change of some sort. He does blend in with HA really well. The Extra spiky bits as mentioned above would probably do it.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-06-07 at 08:07 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
mirwalk
Sergeant

The MAX weapons seem a bit off in terms of how they map to empire characteristics.

Lets look at the ES MAX weaponry.

AI:
- TR Cycler, 50 round magazine
- NC Scattercannon, 3 round magazine
- VS Quasar, 50 round magazine

AV
- TR Pounder, 3 round magazine
- NC Falcon, 7 round magazine
- VS Comet, ??? (I don't know, I didn't look at the comet to see if there was an issue, I'll edit in once I learn it)

So what's the problem? On the AI front, what seems odd to me is the VS AI gun, because it has the same capacity as the TR Cycler. I would expect the Cycler to be the AI MAX weapon with the most ammo because it has the fastest firing rate. As far as I could tell I could see no difference between the fire rate of the Quasar and the Cycler. It seemed like the ES characterstics for these two weapons were simply missing. I would expect the Quasar to have a slower rate of fire, be a bit more accurate, and have a magazine size in the 30-40 range (matching the lower rate of fire).

On the AV front, NC and TR look bass ackwards. Why does the pounder only have 3 shots while the falcon has 7? This seems neither correct for the NC, nor correct for the TR. I expect the TR to have more rounds and a higher fire rate than the NC, and I expect the NC to have fewer rounds and do more damage per shot than the TR. Sort of like how the Scattercannon is. The Scattercannon looks right to me. It's powerful, it has a nice tight spread, but it isn't fast and can only fire 3 shots before reloading. That looks to be exactly how the Pounder behaves, which is uncharacteristic of TR.

Also, a few more MAX comments regarding models/animations;

1) The run animation for the TR MAX looks really goofy with arms flailing about. Maybe reel that in a bit?

2) The VS MAX is difficult to discern from a heavy assault due to its shape. I had no problem identifying NC and TR MAX, but the VS max was hard to differentiate from infantry. It needs to be a little bulkier or have a more easily defined shape so it can be clearly recognized as a MAX and not HA.
I have to say if the other two AI weapons get 50 round then the scatter better have at least 20 or drop any infantry short of a MAX with one shot. Come on 3 rounds?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by mirwalk View Post
I have to say if the other two AI weapons get 50 round then the scatter better have at least 20 or drop any infantry short of a MAX with one shot. Come on 3 rounds?
The scattercannon was no joke, that thing was dropping infantry in 1-2 hits, and it's not exactly something that requires precision.

It's power was offset by a slow ROF and having to reload (which didn't take long) every 3 shots.

That's the NC style - hard hitting, slow ROF. I didn't see anything wrong with that, other than the TTK in general being very fast.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
Single-barrel.

Burster also is NS atm, so it's commonpool AA for all 3 factions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion