Arclegger to not cut hair until water is in - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where whoring is a sport.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
SteinB
Sergeant

Re: Arclegger To Not Cut Hair Until Water Is In

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
BTW

I just gave Higby more incentive to try and get water in before ship so he can say "HAHA Clegg see, water is in and you still can't cut your hair until ship. Told you, you should've just committed to cutting your hair until water is in the game."

You're welcome.
Posting at 2am? Are you chained to your desk or something?

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
BOATS ARE BORING!!! Domination of the air would always win out over the sea, and we already have air combat!

Although, in clegs honor i have decided to rough it out with him and grow my ass hair until you guys ship. I will happily come down to SOE for a momentous trimming event?
Out at sea aircraft have no terrain to hide behind, block missile lock-ons or to land on and repair. And don't forget submarines.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

BOATS ARE BORING!!! Domination of the air would always win out over the sea, and we already have air combat!

Although, in clegs honor i have decided to rough it out with him and grow my ass hair until you guys ship. I will happily come down to SOE for a momentous trimming event?
Fellow airship fan?

Old 2012-07-16, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Hamma
PSU Admin

haha Clegg! We know you the community. Look forward to seeing CleggSquatch!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-16, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
VOWS Flawless
Private

WWII Online has had Naval warfare for years now and it is a very useful way of attacking and defending coastal towns and cities whether it be in the sea or in rivers. I've been shot down dozens of times trying to divebomb destroyers, but when you do actually deal the lethal blow and the ship begins to sink very slowly, the sense of accomplishment is great.

On the other hand, having a half dozen or so guns on a destroyer and parking in a strategic location by an opposing town, you can lay waste to buildings and ground units. Then you throw in a bunch of aaa guns and you can create an air show shooting at opposing aircraft.

That being said, the graphics havent held up too well in wwii online so I can see how that is a major turn off to lots of people, but mechanics and gameplay remain amazing to this day if you ask me.

Where I'm getting is; naval warfare can mold amazingly well into combat if done correctly. I'm not saying its a dealbreaker if there's no water action, but it would be a bit of a letdown seeing as so many other games out there today use boats and ships.

Last edited by VOWS Flawless; 2012-07-16 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Peer pressure pays off once again.

One of us! One of us! One of us!
Old 2012-07-16, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

BTW

I just gave Higby more incentive to try and get water in before ship so he can say "HAHA Clegg see, water is in and you still can't cut your hair until ship. Told you, you should've just committed to cutting your hair until water is in the game."

You're welcome.
that awesome! if water is like dead island water, that would be def. AAA water.
Old 2012-07-16, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Greenthy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by VOWS Flawless View Post
WWII Online has had Naval warfare for years now and it is a very useful way of attacking and defending coastal towns and cities whether it be in the sea or in rivers. I've been shot down dozens of times trying to divebomb destroyers, but when you do actually deal the lethal blow and the ship begins to sink very slowly, the sense of accomplishment is great.

On the other hand, having a half dozen or so guns on a destroyer and parking in a strategic location by an opposing town, you can lay waste to buildings and ground units. Then you throw in a bunch of aaa guns and you can create an air show shooting at opposing aircraft.

That being said, the graphics havent held up too well in wwii online so I can see how that is a major turn off to lots of people, but mechanics and gameplay remain amazing to this day if you ask me.

Where I'm getting is; if done right, naval warfare can mold amazingly well into combat if done correctly. I'm not saying its a dealbreaker if there's no water action, but it would be a bit of a letdown seeing as so many other games out there today use boats and ships.
and BF (1942) had them as well.
How they ended up as stationary object in the sequels was a reall let down.
Sinking one was fun, but they were UP there.

Giving them good artillery (perhaps easy to use) and good AA would make naval battles interesting.

Bring some harbor/island (with no bridges) styled bases and they can be of great asset.
Or imagine Venice with bigger waterways

PS: put the picture in signature please
Old 2012-07-16, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
VOWS Flawless
Private

A sample video to give you an idea of ships vs. aircraft. Not the greatest video but an example nonetheless.

Old 2012-07-16, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Kemeros
Private

Re: Arclegger to not cut hair until water is in

Love water. Please make it happen at one point. Thanks.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Shadowrath
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Considering I never committed to this and the fact that Higby knew when beta would be (we had internal beta dates planned months in advance) and as far as I know water could be months and months or years away (cause its not up to me and it's not some epic milestone like beta) I'm not doing this. So we can just stop talking about it now.

Love youuuuuuuu
Dreams down the drain.

Give the people what they want, that's what I always say. So I've come up with a compromise. I'm not going to cut my hair until we ship! I felt like I missed out on hairpocalypse being swamped with work, and since I'll basically be living in a cave (the office) until we ship anyways. Why not look like a Sasquatch.

So there ya go, don't listen to Higby's troll attempts, I love the community a lot, you guys know this.

Here's to not cutting till ship
That's the spirit

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-07-16, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Wrekriem
Private

I hope water makes it in, it was such an aesthetically nice way to break up the landscapes. On the other hand the landscapes look stunning as it is, but it will feel odd not having a watery border at the edges of the conts
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-21, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

Update: My hair is starting to really fro out. People at work are looking at me funny. I don't think everybody here at the office knows whats going on so they just think I'm a weirdo that wont cut his hair haha.

Anyways here's a photo!

Old 2012-09-21, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Old 2012-09-21, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Oh dear God.
Old 2012-09-21, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
bullet
First Sergeant

Someone photoshop his galaxy clegged in his hair, quick!

Thats awesome. Water isn't done yet huh?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion