Voice macro is suposed to be "V" Not "B". - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We lub teh fisheh!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-06, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Re: Voice macro is suposed to be "V" Not "B".

It's a simple find + replace... there's nothing stopping them from changing it. So it must happen, especially if we're to get our legacy voice macros at some point.
Old 2012-06-06, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
"Such an issue"? Its a simple request. Unless you mean the other posters.
"Don't mess with tradition" isn't a request. You are abrasive and it doesn't help your cause.

You could have explained the argument more thoroughly in the first post, instead of going back and forth with everyone throughout the thread.

Key rebinding pretty well trashes you original post. Tradition means fuck all when you can change it back. The only reason I agree with the idea is because of the confusion it may cause among old and new Planetside players.

Originally Posted by SoNaR View Post
V = Switch Fire Group. Does that mean changing the rate of fire from single shot to semi or auto? (V did that in BF3 for some weapons....)
I'm guessing so. Change it to X though, it's a perfectly acceptable key for something like that. BF players can rebind it to V if they really want.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-06 at 11:22 AM.
Old 2012-06-06, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

I guess I can see how a tong in cheek post may be taken aggressively. But I think the larger issues is that some here seem to think any post that is not praise is a whine.

Still stands though. "V" Is iconic to the series. Users are fine to rebind it if they want. But this is Planetside, it needs to be "V".
Old 2012-06-06, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

I would also like SOE to deliver me a keyboard of the same model I used back in 2003.

The keyspacing will completely throw me off when VVV-ing.

Old 2012-06-06, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
You'll be able to change your keybindings if this is a deal breaker for you.
Thanks Radar. This isn't a big deal guys don't make it one. A mod should close this topic.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
Thanks Radar. This isn't a big deal guys don't make it one. A mod should close this topic.
It at least seems like the wrong time for this topic I think. Bigger fish to fry once beta starts, then maybe we can have some community threads discussing the matter as things settle down a bit.

I don't think it necessarily needs to be locked, but I would let it die.

At least I'm not going to post anymore in it. I think all that can be said has been said for now.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Furber
First Sergeant

I think it's worth pointing out that changing the starter voice macro button doesn't change the rest. In Planetside 1, if you were to change the voice macro button to "B", you would have to press "BVV" to say 'help'. If they allow you to further change the voice macro bindings to the point where you could change each category of macros, that would be a different story.

I agree with keeping V as the default button, but perhaps there is another button that is currently V?
Old 2012-06-06, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
starshine
Private

the 1st thing to do in a game especially an mmo is check out the graphics/controls settings. and this is a videogame, not a military tradition.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Synapse
First Sergeant

Screw tradition.

...but mr blood has a point. The second most important part of keybinding (right after "can I reach the key" is "can I find it naturally" and this setup seems to fail that test.

What does the B stand for? Boice? Boisterous? Be-Annoying?

V stands for Voice, it sits in the right place and made sense to me so I could find it and learn it.

Why change what works?
Old 2012-06-06, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
...but mr blood has a point. The second most important part of keybinding (right after "can I reach the key" is "can I find it naturally" and this setup seems to fail that test.
What does the B stand for? Boice? Boisterous? Be-Annoying?
Ah yeah, because WASD and q and f and z all stand for something.

fact is you can change it to whatever you want. bind it to the capslock key if it tickles your testicles.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2012-06-06 at 02:56 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
GTGD
First Sergeant

You know this game is gonna be boss when people are getting pissy about a bindable key being located one over from the original. So stoked!
Old 2012-06-06, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

Pointless thread is pointless. Who cares if it isn't the key it used to be? There are more things that need to be bound now.

Old 2012-06-06, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

Thumbs up Re: Voice macro is supposed to be "V" Not "B".

The hate is strong in this thread.

Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I really agree with the OP. Though I know it is rebindable, the Tribes and Planetside tradition is that voice chat is V. I'm not sure why they decided to change it, maybe to avoid similarities between the newest Tribes game, but that's just silly since both Planetside and Tribes were made by some of the same people.

I loved the V chat, not just because it was logical (as said earlier, "V = Voice"), but it is also closer to the main hand position.

There have also been mentions of how 'use' has been changed from G to E, and switching fire modes from X to V. I think they should stick with as many good things from the first game as they can, and the default key positioning was one of those good things.

I know it seems very trivial at first glance, especially considering you can rebind them anyways. But that's kind of the point, really. They should make the default mostly similar to the first game, and if people don't like it, they can just rebind it themselves. Those of us who were loyal to the first game and learned the keys won't have to fumble around trying to remember all the keys from the first ones until it feels just right.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Don't forget the mouse buttons, everyone has at least 5 of them!

And I have never seen a game the utilizes the (left-right) tiltable middle button. Make use of it SOE! Would be great for changing fire modes and ammo type.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Nasher
Sergeant

Damn, the V is going waaaaay back to Planetside's tribes roots with the voice commands

youtube.com/watch?v=PfmB_z-hFjk

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-06-06 at 05:13 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion