Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

The System will run the game
Old 2004-03-25, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Wow. Same motherboard and processor as mine! They will run awesome, let me tell you! I also have a 7200 RPM SATA as well, and it runs like a charm. I even have an Aspire case too, but mine is the full size server rackmount X-SuperAlien. They really are great cases!

Since I'm running my system at a severe bottleneck right now (256 meg PC2100 RAM, its a long story) I can't really say exactly how well yours will run, other than "much better than mine". As it is, I can play very well, except when I'm doing something that requires a lot of texture processing (because my RAM can't keep up with that KICKASS AMD 64 CPU!)

I get 200+ FPS in the Sanc (after my textures are all loaded, so its not accessing RAM). Also I'm using a Radeon 9800 PRO, which should be on pretty much even ground with your nVidia. With 1 gig of PC3200 RAM, you should be totally set. Be prepared to be able to crank up the graphics all the way, and still have the game be totally playable.

Hope I've helped a little. Again, great choice on the CPU and mobo! I'm VERY happy with mine! I'm going to be ordering 1 gig of PC3200 myself in a couple weeks so that I can unleash the true potential of this monster system.

EDIT: Oh, and make sure you don't make the mistake of getting 1.5 gigs of RAM. AMD 64 mobos can handle 3 sticks of RAM sure, but at a slower speed (I think only PC 2700) than 2 sticks or less. Also, that system is going to be power-hungry. I can't say for certain that your PSU will be able to handle it. Also, good choice shopping on newegg, I did all my computer shopping there too, got great service and FAST delivery (faster than they said it would take!)

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2004-03-25 at 01:03 AM.
Old 2004-03-25, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
ucoa
Private

wow that help out ALOT!!! Thanks alot!! I so cant wait till I order this machine!! Thanks again!

Ok on the Video card thingy. It must been the Radion 9600XT pro b/c when I look at the Reguler card it says:

Chipset/Core Speed: ATI RADEON 9600XT/Not Specified
Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/Not Specified

and I cant find the pro on the site.

Last edited by ucoa; 2004-03-25 at 05:34 AM.
Old 2004-03-25, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
GreyFox
First Sergeant

256 Mb matters only if you are gonna play in 1600x1200 or higher resolution.
Old 2004-03-26, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
ucoa
Private

ok...so the Video Card I picked is good? I think its good..Really good : ).

Let me get this strait...I will be able to pump up the graghics on PS and it will still run smooth. Like it wont be choppy and it will run slow?
Old 2004-03-26, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Check pricewatch for everything. YOu may be able to get much better prices and drop the total cost by a hundred or two. And if your getting the Xsuperalien case electro has get the newegg combo with the Aspire500W PSU. ITs pretested. New egg doesnt have the best prices but there close. But like i said you can drop the prices a bit by looking elsewhere depending on the product.

Id always compare ram from newegg against Zipzoomfly.com or monarchcomputer.com. Both have faster shiping than newegg. And look at futurepowerpc.com for the vid card, though they just stopped having the best prices on the higher cards like the 9800xt, so you may have to look elsewhere. But Pricwatch.com will get you a very nice drop in overall price. Has hamma tried sponsering Pricewatch.

Edit: Ok, pricewatch didnt show anything better.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-03-26 at 11:35 AM.
Old 2004-03-26, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Ait one of these days i'm just gona start randomly deleting all your dumb posts.

Yeah the 9600XT is a great video card.

And yes you should be able to get nearly everything on high, if not everything

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-26, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
ucoa
Private

and besides I did not get this comp just to play PS on High graphics...I just got it so I could PLAY it!!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum