News: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time! - Page 28 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd rather be rich than stupid.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-28, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #406
Kaotc
Corporal

Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I'm alerting folks we've had some contacts, but unless you contact Customer Support I can't guarantee any type of assistance.
Ticket raised, fingers crossed
Old 2012-06-28, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #407
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I opened a ticket and I'll try getting on the live chat once it opens in an hour. Just don't feel like calling a phone number over this.

If and when I get a response, I'll post what it was.
Old 2012-06-28, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #408
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Some friends who had signed for the GW2 beta just got an email that it's released today... SoE, do this now.
Old 2012-06-28, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #409
Korydan
Private

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
Some friends who had signed for the GW2 beta just got an email that it's released today... SoE, do this now.
The game's not released today, today we got to know that the game will be released in...

...2 months. August 28th.

Also, given the kinda misterious information RadarX gave us, is anyone actually already in beta? Did the external beta start already and we're not allowed to know it? The main question is, I have a twitter key, should I be expecting to be in beta in the next couple of days? Maybe I missed something in these 28 pages, please forgive me if that's the case.

Thanks!

Last edited by Korydan; 2012-06-28 at 11:31 AM.
Old 2012-06-28, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #410
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Thx RadarX, didnt want to bother them until I knew there was a problem.
Ticket raised.
Thankfully you read the forums and provide some feedback.
Old 2012-06-28, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #411
Maniox
Corporal

Does any kind person wish to trade a Planetside 1 copy for my spare beta key :P ?
Old 2012-06-28, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #412
Neo Hope
Private

my subscription paid on the 27th about 23 hours before free time... is it added on? lol
Old 2012-06-28, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #413
Razicator
First Sergeant

I just got off live support chat, here's the log.

TSR Timothy A.: Hi, my name is TSR Timothy A..
XXXXX soe: Hello!
XXXXXX soe: How are you?
TSR Timothy A.: I'm doing well! How about yourself?
XXXXX soe: Just swell thanks!
TSR Timothy A.: Excellent!
TSR Timothy A.: In regards to your problem description, the actual due date for all accounts to be granted the game time is July 1st.
TSR Timothy A.: Any accounts that received it before hand pretty much just got lucky that the PlanetSide team was able to grant it a little early.
XXXXX soe: Hmm, but the PS2 producer's comm says " support of this monumental occasion, SOE is granting 30 days of free game time to every current subscriber and former PlanetSide player who had an active subscription! This grant will be processed by 11:59 PM PST June 27th, 2012, however as there are a large volume of accounts some may receive grants earlier than others."
XXXXX soe: And online RadarX, the community manager for PS2, said to contact support if we still haven't received the playtime.
TSR Timothy A.: Correct, however, July 1st was supposed to be the day that all accounts should receive the time granted onto their account.
XXXXX soe: "If you have not received your free time, I would encourage you to contact Customer Service at http://www.soe.com/support as they are always happy to assist.", said a few hours ago
TSR Timothy A.: Like I mentioned before, there are a lot of accounts that they need to grant, but all accounts should be granted the game time by July 1st.
TSR Timothy A.: All the granting privileges are completed by the PlanetSide team.
XXXXX soe: Haha alrighty then!
XXXXX soe: I'll hold you guys to it, thanks.
TSR Timothy A.: You're welcome! Is there anything else I can help you with today?
XXXXX soe: Nope, I'm good thanks!
TSR Timothy A.: You're welcome!
TSR Timothy A.: Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment and have a great day!
XXXXXX soe: you too thanks!
TSR Timothy A.: Thank you!

TL;DR SOE representative says all accounts will be given 30 days by July 1 for some reason, contrary to all other sources.

Last edited by Razicator; 2012-06-28 at 12:14 PM.
Old 2012-06-28, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #414
polywomple
Staff Sergeant

#### soe: hello!
TSR Timothy A.: What is the Station Name of the account that should have the game time?
#### soe: #### i believe
#### soe: "####"
TSR Timothy A.: Ok, just a moment while I bring up that account.
#### soe: Ok
TSR Timothy A.: Alright, when did your account receive the game time?
#### soe: Hmm well... thats a good question. there was an announcement from Smed that all PS1 vets would be getting a free 30 days
TSR Timothy A.: Ok, just a moment, let me see what I can do.
#### soe: ok
TSR Timothy A.: Go ahead and try to log in.
TSR Timothy A.: Let me know what happens.
#### soe: It seems like I can log in now
TSR Timothy A.: Excellent!
#### soe: great!
TSR Timothy A.: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
#### soe: hmm...
#### soe: Nope i thinks thats it
TSR Timothy A.: Perfect! Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment and have a great day!
#### soe: Yeah, you too!
TSR Timothy A.: Thank you!

Just got mine activated
Old 2012-06-28, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #415
Razicator
First Sergeant

wait wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut????? why not me?? Then again I was the first one in line, maybe he didn't get the memo ha!
Old 2012-06-28, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #416
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Hmmm... sounds fucked up. Well I'm exiting the cue if that's all I'm going to get.

RadarX, can we get any sort of confirmation of this? Will we all have access by July 1st without having to take any additional steps? I was hoping to be in prior to that, just so that I would have time in case there were any hiccups (as there seems to be?).

But if I have your personal assurance that all I need to do is wait until July 1st and I'll be able to get into the game, I'll stop worrying about it and just be patient.

Edit:
Originally Posted by polywomple View Post
Just got mine activated
God damn it...

Getting back in line...

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-28 at 12:23 PM.
Old 2012-06-28, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #417
Laraza
Private

I got a 3 day pass while they look into adding the other 27 days. However, I'm still not able to log in.

I'm also concerned with how this affects our status as PS1 veterans for the PS2 beta. If the account database isn't up to date by now, then how can they be sure of our priority for PS2 beta?
Old 2012-06-28, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #418
polywomple
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Razicator View Post
wait wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut????? why not me?? Then again I was the first one in line, maybe he didn't get the memo ha!
haha, yeah, I was second in line. He must have thought "Oh crap there's another one" and just went for it

Feel free to just tell them Im supposed to have a 30 days about now according to smed, can you help?
Old 2012-06-28, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #419
Razicator
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Laraza View Post
I got a 3 day pass while they look into adding the other 27 days. However, I'm still not able to log in.

I'm also concerned with how this affects our status as PS1 veterans for the PS2 beta. If the account database isn't up to date by now, then how can they be sure of our priority for PS2 beta?
Good point. If they can't tell that I'm a veteran in this case, then how can they tell I'm a veteran for beta access, when presumably they're both using the same exact database?
Old 2012-06-28, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #420
VanstK
Private

Just went through live chat after submitting a trouble ticket this morning outlining my issue, which was "Hey, the executive producer of Planetside 2 said this, it's not happened yet, am I disqualified for some reason?" only with more words. I provided the original ticket number as a reference when requesting live support, and it may have helped.

xxxx soe: Hi there.
TSR Timothy A.: One moment while I take a look at your ticket.
xxxx soe: Thanks.
TSR Timothy A.: Thank you for waiting. Can you please try logging in once again for me please?
xxxx soe: Alright, one moment.
xxxx soe: Just got the EULA. I'm guessing that means it's been resolved?
TSR Timothy A.: That is correct. If you can, please log fully into the game just to make sure and you should be all set.
xxxx soe: Might take some time, as I don't have the software downloaded.
xxxx soe: It does appear to be downloading without issue, and my game pass info page says I have a 3-day non-recurring credit.
TSR Timothy A.: That is correct for the moment being. In the mean time I will be escalating this issue to our management team in order to have the remaining time added. Once this has been done they will contact you via e-mail in order to let you know.
xxxx soe: Alright. Thanks so much. I've got so many fond memories of PlanetSide, it'll be nice to dust them off before PS2 hits.
TSR Timothy A.: No problem. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
xxxx soe: That's about it. Thanks again, and I hope you don't get too swamped by returning PlanetSide veterans. ;)
TSR Timothy A.: Sure thing. Have a great day!
xxxx soe: You too!
Not the biggest confidence-boosting exercise I've ever encountered, but it's the best I could've hoped for from SOE.

Last edited by VanstK; 2012-06-28 at 12:45 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion