Infantry Resources Change - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Grief points are good, right?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-10, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cato
Private

Infantry Resources Change

I was thinking about ways to make them more important and strategic.

What if all accessories cost resources (sans heal/repair guns/cloaking/jet pack/shield-keeping each class with it's main ability)
I mean ammo boxes, underslung nades, HA rockets, etc.

It would go a long way to making the resource system relevant and it would force strategic decisions...am I going to spam my rocket launcher at infantry all day or save it for vehicles?.Im running low on resources, 3 more nades or 8 more ammo boxes?

Every accessory would demand more forethought and planning instead of throwing them down constantly.

The costs would need to be adjusted greatly of course.

Thoughts?
Old 2012-12-10, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Beerbeer
Major

Re: Infantry Resources Change

Not for infantry IMO. I think vehicles would be better.

There are too many vehicles as it now stands IMO and this would just exacerbate that problem if infantry can't even defend themselves.
Old 2012-12-10, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sunrock
Major

Well it all depends on the resource cost. But I don't think it's a bad idea. However I would not say it's the best idea ever.

I think a plain 50% nerf on the resource gain would be enough.
Old 2012-12-11, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Resources need to be much more of a factor, but mostly for vehicles, not Infantry.
Old 2012-12-11, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dragonskin
Major

I think that grenades need to have their resource cost doubled to resupply. 45 is way too cheap for the destruction they cause. Not to mention at tech plants and stuff you see people just sitting near a sundy and resupply/spamming nades because they are so cheap you can throw out 20 grenades pretty quickly.
Old 2012-12-11, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Jikes!

I'm already running low on infantry resources every night, even when we have a good 1/3rd of the cont and I'm stockpiling stuff (Grenades, AT Mines, C4, Resto Kits) during slower times.

Spending resources on class defining abilities like ammo boxes and HA rockets is a no-no, because you severely limit the ability of an underdog to fight back. Just imagine being warpgated and having no resources to buy anything to stop the enemy tanks from camping your warpgate.
Old 2012-12-11, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cato
Private

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I think that grenades need to have their resource cost doubled to resupply. 45 is way too cheap for the destruction they cause. Not to mention at tech plants and stuff you see people just sitting near a sundy and resupply/spamming nades because they are so cheap you can throw out 20 grenades pretty quickly.
This is what I am getting at. Every base defense many people are spamming nades and rockets constantly. They are supposed to be valuable resources not just a different kind of ammo. I would make sure rockets/ammo packs are cheapish but make nades, and especially nade launcher nades more expensive. Resource gains would also need to be changed.

This could also apply to utility slots in vehicles. Flares/mag burst/ shield/armor even.

The goal is to make resources mean something and prevent spam. When you throw that nade, drop an ammo box, suicide your plane you should feel the loss to some degree. You should need to think about the decisions you make. And not just run around spamming things at random.

This should all be added with an increased resource gain rate. You can always afford some key pieces of equip, just not everything. If you own more of the map you get rewarded with a little more leeway, but still can't just keep spamming everything.

Last edited by Cato; 2012-12-11 at 04:57 PM.
Old 2012-12-11, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SGOniell
First Sergeant

I vote no
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion