PS2 mini map needs 10 year old facelift - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The fansite that refreshes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-07, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

PS2 mini map needs 10 year old facelift

I have found the Mini map lacking in needed options and needed information sense beta, I find it very surprising that it has not gotten a face lift yet.

Features it needs.
1. The whole UI should be customizable with drag and drop and custom color and sizeable windows.
2. the Mini map needs multiple zoom modes like PS1 with the auto zoom option function. 1x zoom for indoor, 2x for outdoor, and 3x for when you are flying.
3. When I increase its size "which should be done through a drag and drop not a key push so its totally customizable" I should not loose the valuable capture point data that you have above the mini map that just disappears when the mini map is expanded
4. I should also be able to lay more then 1 personal waypoint. I should be able to lay at least 4 which was how much PS1 let you lay. In PS2 with 10 years of better tech and development I should be able to customize the color and lay different color ones and even place information text boxes on them for me to see only. These are very useful for pilots and needs to be in PS2.
Old 2013-05-07, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Re: PS2 mini map needs 10 year old facelift

I agree with 3.

And they should fix the minimap to start showing shooting enemies on it again.
Old 2013-05-07, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Fara
Corporal

Don't forget the ability to draw on the map with tactical plans. (Read flying the galaxy on a giant penis)

wait... wait... you said minimap not the map. My mistake
Old 2013-05-07, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Yup Mini map, but you are absolutely right about the command ability to draw and place text boxes on the map being missed Need all that PS1 goodness back. Some things from PS1 I understand not being in this game as I never liked them. But some features were way ahead of there time and I have no Idea why they were not put in PS2 from the beginning.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion