It's not near, it's here. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Must obey Hamma...... Must obey Hamma......
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2013-03-31, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info
It's not near, it's here.

It's back. NHL, March Madness, NASCAR, NFL off season reports, the bible. It ends today.

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL! Where's my fan base? Any defending champs fans here?

You know, I'm laughing that the 'Here are the similar threads we found:' shows 2 threads posted by me in years past.... Traditions and all...

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2013-03-31, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
luvthesnapper
Private

Re: It's not near, it's here.

NL East should be interesting again. Not because ruben amaro is the biggest idiot in baseball, but because the braves look great, and should give washington some trouble. I'm going month to month on mlb.tv, because I can see myself rage quitting 30 days in to the season.

On a side note, they need to do away with the whole blackout bullshit. It took me a week to figure out how to circumvent it. A week that I could have been doing something like creating a new bumper sticker that says, "I Brake for Squirrels. Just Fuckin' With You."

Last edited by luvthesnapper; 2013-03-31 at 07:54 PM.
Old 2013-04-01, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

I watched my 'Stros stomp the Rangers, NUMBER ONE IN BASEBALL BABY!

Okay...; for today. Just today.

But let us hold the hope of a sub 100 loss season just a little longer... please??
Old 2013-04-01, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Assist
Contributor
Major

I think my Phillies are going to surprise the hell out of the NL this year. Howard looks great, Utley may actually play more than half a season, Rollins is still Rollins. Their prospect from a few years ago looked impressive in spring training, Dominic Brown. Picked up Michael Young to fill the hole behind Howard. Ruiz looked great in spring, although he's out for 20 games for the suspension.

I think people are really underestimating the Phillies, the biggest question they have going into the season is Doc Holliday, who is one of the most consistent pitchers in the league the last 5 years.

edit: oh, and did I mention we play the Marlins and Mets 35+ times ? lols!

Last edited by Assist; 2013-04-01 at 01:22 PM.
Old 2013-04-01, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Until the Indians have players at the top of some statistical category and are in the playoffs I can't stomach baseball. The 90's Indians teams ruined me.

On a side note the whole steroid thing really ruined baseball, honestly I am all for professional athelets juicing beyone belief, lets see the 100 homerun mark busted, make baseball fun again.
Old 2013-04-01, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
luvthesnapper
Private

oh, and did I mention we play the Marlins and Mets 35+ times ? lols!
That's definitely going to help. I remember seeing Mets fans wearing jerseys at the parade in 08' when the phils won the series. They were obviously there just to be douches. Every phillies fan that saw them gave them hell, and some very personal attacks were made that day. lol

I watched my 'Stros stomp the Rangers
Jeff Bagwell was my favorite player for years.

Last edited by luvthesnapper; 2013-04-01 at 07:16 PM.
Old 2013-04-02, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I watched Sandy Koufax, errr, Clayton Kershaw beat my Giants. 3 insurance runs or not, Kershaw won his own game.

We'll get em tomorrow...

Also, it's only been a day and I want instant replay. Yesterday during the Ranger smackdown I watched a diving catch that was basketed after an upward bounce, Ray Charles could've seen that. There were others today (and yesterday). For the Umps sake I'm hoping this is a bye, offseason dust....but I've been wrong before.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.

Last edited by BUGGER; 2013-04-02 at 01:36 AM.
Old 2013-04-04, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Red Sox look fairly good this year. I think we can take the wild card. AL East is pretty even. Anyone has a chance.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2013-04-05, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Kyonye View Post
Red Sox look fairly good this year. I think we can take the wild card. AL East is pretty even. Anyone has a chance.
Mayyyyyyyybee
I live near Baltimore, so I hear a lot about them. The problem I see is they didn't get much better in the offseason, but they did get healthy.

I think if the Blue Jays can play up to their potential they should run away with the divison. Oddly enough I see Baltimore and the Red Sox going for the wildcard as well, but I think Baltimore has a leg in the door already for that spot.

We'll see though, the great part about Baseball is nothing seems to ever go according to plan.
Old 2013-04-07, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Mayyyyyyyybee
I live near Baltimore, so I hear a lot about them. The problem I see is they didn't get much better in the offseason, but they did get healthy.

I think if the Blue Jays can play up to their potential they should run away with the divison. Oddly enough I see Baltimore and the Red Sox going for the wildcard as well, but I think Baltimore has a leg in the door already for that spot.

We'll see though, the great part about Baseball is nothing seems to ever go according to plan.
Red Sox are starting the season off right. It's the first in a while. Pounded the Jays 13-0 tonight. Ellsbury NEEDS to stay healthy for once. He gets injured every year. Pedroia isn't as prone to injuries but hasn't had the best of luck the last couple seasons. Bradley Jr. was looking good during spring training but he is off to a rough start. 4-2 is a good start for the Red Sox. We'll have a better scope by mid May.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge