[Jaeger][NC] Phoenix Battalion - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sleep with Hamma for auto-beta invite.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2013-01-01, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
blackweb
Private

[Jaeger][NC] Phoenix Battalion

TO: Lt. Dex

SUBJECT: *** ALERT: INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM NC SCOUT TEAM ON AMERISH ***

Unknown nanite energy signature detected 1.5 clicks north of Onatha Biolab. Investigate.

NC squad exits Sunderer near what appears to be an abandoned, ruined NC facility. Lt. Dex, "what do your scanners show Razzy"? "I show a faint Nanite energy signature right there". Slippy points at a half-buried door at the base of a ruined building. "Stand aside, let me clear it out". Lt. Dex strides up to the half-hidden door in his NC MAX sit, clears away the rubble and tugs hard on the heavily scarred door, ripping it from its hinges. Behind the door is a stairway leading to an underground chamber. "Marsil, AJ, Visa stand gaurd." Razzy with me, Lt. Dex barks out in a faint french accent. The air is stale in the room at the bottom of the stairs, all that can be seen is a small LED faintly blinking on a panel. "Check it out Razzy, see if you can find a light or power switch." "On it sir!" as power is restored. The skeletal remains of what appear to be NC and TR troopers are scattered on the floor of the battle-scarred spawn chamber. "Looks like there was a hell of a fight here sir."

"It's an old nanite spawn chamber sir". A single spawn tube can be seen with a faintly glowing display flashing the message "POWER LEVEL CRITICAL". "It looks like there is a biopattern stored in the buffer sir!" Lt. Dex removes his MAX helment and says, "this place looks ancient, how long?" "Unknown sir, decades maybe but if we dont get whoever is stored in the buffer out soon, we are going to lose them." "Get it done Razzy." "Trying sir, I think I got it..." Razzy steps back as the spawn tube comes to life and begins to hum and a human form takes shape inside the tube. A figure wearing the uniform of an NC Colonel, decades old collapses onto the floor. "Razzy get in here, we need a medic now!" Lt. Dex. "His life signs are faint Lt, he appears to be wounded we need to get him to Onatha, ASAP sir." Corporal Blue, "we have incoming TR sir, we need to GTFO sir." "Everyone on the sunder now, get him in a life pod Razz", says Lt. Dex, looking at the figure of the NC officer being loaded into the portable emergency medical pod and notices the name "Colonel Blackweb" on the nametag of the NC officers uniform. Dex, wonders to himself "could that be...?".

Lt. Dex opens his messages and finds the message, "CLASSIFIED: Identity confirmed". Col. Blackweb wakes up to bright lights shining in his eyes and a doctor in an unfamiliar NC uniform leaning over him asking him questions. He reaches instinctively for his officer's sidearm but finds his hands restrained. "Someone tell me what the hell is going on!?" Blackweb yells. "Colonel, please calm yourself, you are in an NC medical facility." A familiar face steps forward and places his hand on Blackweb's shoulder and says "I am here sir, please try to rest, you were badly wounded when they brought you here." "Is that you Dex?" "Yes, its me colonel." "How long has it been Dex?" "Ten years sir." O"h my g... report Lt., what is the status of the outfit?" "The outfit is gone sir, it was decimated here 10 years ago by the TR." "What happened at Onatha sir? We thought you were dead." "We were in a firefight with the TR, most of my platoon was down, I was wounded, I began the derez sequence and stepped into the spawn tube, then I woke up here."

Blackweb strides into the ready room, wearing the uniform of an NC Captain. "They demoted you sir?" Dex asks. "Those f***ing bastards!" Dex curses in french. "I asked for the demotion Dex, I want to be a combat commander again, not a desk jockey." "Oh". Cpt. Blackweb steps up to the mic in the NC ready room and clears his throught, surveying the room full of NC troopers. He looks Slippy and Razz straight in the eye. Slippy leans over to Razz and whispers "I feel like he is looking right through me". "He has that effect on people" Razz responds.

"Troopers of the New Conglomerate, today begins a new chapter in our struggle against the tyranny of the Terran Republic and the blind zealotry of the Vanu Sovereignty. I have been comissioned by the NC high command to form a new outfit that will take the fight to the Vanu and the TR. That outfit will be called "Phoenix Battalion". I have chosen the name Phoenix because from the ashes of recent defeat will rise a new NC fire that will consume our enemies. We will be first and foremost an infantry outfit. We will move fast, hit the enemy hard with overwhelming force at the point of attack. We will be the tip of the NC spear. There will be no more retreat, no more surrender. First we train, then we fight. Who is with me?"

The NC troopers jump to their feet and yell "Hooah!"

Lt. Dex whispers to Cpt. Blackweb "great speech sir. I think they are all terrified of you." "I want them to be more afraid of me than the Vanu or the TR." "Galaxy transport here Cpt" Slippy intones on the outfit comm channel. "Mount up PHX, we have a war to fight!" "Its good to have you back sir." Dex smiles. "Its good to be back old friend."
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate