TR MAX anit-infantry weapons buged? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside: Increase the divorce rate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-28, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sunrock
Major

TR MAX anit-infantry weapons buged?

Any one else notice that when shooting on some infantry you have to unload 60-100 bullets into them before they when they are 3-10 meters away from you? It's like 90% of the bullets does not register. I have only notice this against VS players also but that might just be a coincident. This happens when I'm lockdown and when I'm not lockdown so it has nothing to do with that ability.

I don't think it's because I'm out of cynk because I can kill one dude that stands next to the other without any glitches.

PS: Also this have happened with 3 different weapons.

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-05-28 at 07:16 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sifer2
Major

Re: TR MAX anit-infantry weapons buged?

From time to time it's happened to me yes. I think it might not be exclusively happening to the TR MAX. Just that it's a lot more noticeable when it occurs on a MAX. Cause you know you can stand there, and eat a clip from an enemy while mowing him down. And when he doesn't go down for ages you realize it's a bug. On Infantry when that happens you might just think the other guy shot first.
Old 2013-05-28, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Fenrys
Major

That happens to me with all weapons when playing on a non-East Coast server.
Old 2013-05-28, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

The game has clientside hit detection, and it tells you if you register a hit with a small X around your crosshair. You should be able to see that if you're hitting. If not, you're just missing.

If your ping is shit (300ms+) then the game will take that long to register the hit and show up. Because of this, you might often die before your damage registers.

Last edited by Tom Peters; 2013-05-28 at 09:16 PM.
Old 2013-05-29, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
PredatorFour
Major

Were you by any chance at the epic 3 way ymir bio lab fight on miller esamir last night ? Cos i was getting the same issue(in max). Didn't stop the farm tho that was epic from a vs point of view
Old 2013-05-29, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
The game has clientside hit detection, and it tells you if you register a hit with a small X around your crosshair. You should be able to see that if you're hitting. If not, you're just missing.

If your ping is shit (300ms+) then the game will take that long to register the hit and show up. Because of this, you might often die before your damage registers.
Well I have a ping of 31 to the server. And yes I notice that I'm missing the shots when I am not suppose to be. If I have the cross hair on a guy that stands still 4 meters in front of me and he takes 0 damage something is wrong with the game and not on my part. Especially when I have no problem killing his friend that stands next to him.
Old 2013-05-29, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Happens to me on the odd occasion as well, it can be extremely annoying when your hosing your target with bullets and basically nothing happens.

Old 2013-05-29, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I have seen what people refer to as the "no damage" bug the last few days.
Players surviving with the minimum amount of health even after apparently being gunned down by multiple enemies, or not taking damage for each hit recieved. A minute later said players can be killed as easily as normal.

Server issues methinks.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Happened to me last night; unloaded an entire clip from dual Scattercannons into someone at close range and didn't get a hitmarker. I put it down to lag at the time (my broadband is not the best) but, now that I think about it, possibly more to it than that.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-05-29 at 07:23 AM.
Old 2013-05-29, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dragonskin
Major

The TR Mercy has had this bug for a long time and I've commented on that before, but it seems a lot of people don't know about it. I have seen it happen to people in my outfit and you literally can not shoot the side of a barn from 20m away. You basically go from an almost instant kill within 10-20m to not being able to hit anything because your COF went stupid.

Yesterday morning this happened to me on my VS Max using dual Cosmos. A infantry dude literally stood in my cone of fire and killed me with a shotgun. It didn't look like I hit him much at all... dual cosmos... in range to kill very quickly.. shouldn't have happened. Thanks to ZOE being active I did die in my max.. sad. So I don't think it's a TR specific bug anymore.

I had killed several people with my max prior to this engagement and was probably in my max for a little over 20-30 mins before this happened. From what I remember when my TR outfit was complaining about it, it does seem to happen after you have been in your max for awhile.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Wahooo
Captain

Confirm.

I've had the no hit bug that ends up being systemic - once it starts NO weapons hit. I haven't had this for the last few GU's even though some are saying it is back after ~30 mins play.

I've had sporadic weird hit detection at times but... meh wouldn't be Planetside without that.

This thing with the AI maxes though does seem unique. Had it a couple times and was really scratching my head. Not a case of missing. This is unloading enough shots into a target to kill them several times over... even if I had missed a few, not seeing any hit markers and then when I die seeing the guy had almost full health/shields.
Old 2013-05-30, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Have had the same on both my TR and VS max AI weapons. I just chalk it up to latency and just another wtf moment.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion