Dual-Wielding - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you see black and red, you're already dead.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-18, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Graywolves
General

Re: Dual-Wielding

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
You must have one or both of the following;

A. You know nothing about guns
B. Your forearms are made of jelly.

I go to my local range often and I shoot a multitude of guns. Some I dual wield, some I hold one with both hands. It isn't at all as hard as you seem to make it. If you actually exercise your forearms, you can even dual wield Desert Eagles with relative ease and above average accuracy. Here's a demonstration for you.

Even SMGs are very possible.

Now, you are completely right saying that one pistol is more accurate than two. However, you are wrong saying that one is superior to two. (In certain cases, of course... indoors, dual pistols would rape a single one.) It really sounds like you ARE basing your entire argument off of "Black Ops". Dual wielding guns IRL is not nearly as hard as you seem to think it is.

He was speaking military standards and training. Obviously you can dual wield alot of things. But how many targets can you accuratley hit and up to how many meters?

In Dual wielding you give up stability, accuracy, and reload for rate of fire.
Old 2011-08-18, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
He was speaking military standards and training. Obviously you can dual wield alot of things. But how many targets can you accuratley hit and up to how many meters?

The only mention of military was him saying it was stupid in their opinion. The amount of targets you could accurately hit is dependent on you. If you have no strength, sure, the guns will fly everywhere. If you actually exercise, you can hold them straight and they will hit their desired target. You don't have to give up much stability or accuracy for dual wielding if you're good. Reload times increased? Of course. What I think is dual wielding guns would be useful indoors for the people that specialize in it, but next to useless outdoors since everybody is at range.
Old 2011-08-18, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sirisian
Colonel

Exactly.

So you should only be able to dual-wield if you get the skill
Well it's also based on armor choices and class. If you lack two holsters for instance you can't do it. I also I agree about requiring a skill since it fits with the normal skill tree system. (Could be a skill in the weapon tree itself).

Also regarding your other comment about everyone doing it. That argument needs to stop. The whole "What if 50 people do it because there aren't any other choices in the game" are a worse case scenario. If the game adds tons of cool choices people will be too busy to decide which loadout is the coolest or most useful.
Old 2011-08-18, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

Thumbs down Re: Dual-Wielding

It takes something really stupid to make me come out of retirement

This is a troll right?
Old 2011-08-18, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Raymac
Brigadier General

I think dual pistols as an unlockable skill would be pretty cool, but only pistols. Dual wielding HA or AV is just silly, but pistols could be cool.

Old 2011-08-18, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Sirisian
Colonel

Oh also this would be a nice skill-upgrade down the pistol tree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9f-wgBXJ2E#t=1m28s
Old 2011-08-18, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I think dual pistols as an unlockable skill would be pretty cool, but only pistols. Dual wielding HA or AV is just silly, but pistols could be cool.
Yeah, pistols is all I was going for. Make them useful for a change.
Old 2011-08-18, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Why are you assuming that they won't be useful? Battlefield's pistols work just fine without anyone having to pretend they're in the matrix.

The theme of the game is militaristic science fiction. You play a soldier, not a movie star. If you want to be effective at close range then pull a shotgun.
Old 2011-08-18, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Crator
Major General

Allowing the player base to make stupid choices in certifications/training. That is an interesting thought. I actually like the idea for the "cool" factor. But yes, it should have major restrictions on it like others have said here. It could be impliemented to be so stupid, as far as how gimped you are when you do it, that you would be looked upon as a dim-wit if you did use it. But why is that a bad thing. Putting a little bit of role-play into the game isn't bad at all.
Old 2011-08-18, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Yeah because dual wielding chain guns is a feasible practical endeavor, who needs maxes...

No thanks, I don't want this to turn into duke nukem.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14382&dateline=131370  3750
Old 2011-08-18, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Duel-Welding! Wicked idea for Engineers man!!
Old 2011-08-18, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
Why are you assuming that they won't be useful? Battlefield's pistols work just fine without anyone having to pretend they're in the matrix.

The theme of the game is militaristic science fiction. You play a soldier, not a movie star. If you want to be effective at close range then pull a shotgun.
Why are you assuming dual wielding won't be useful? It works both ways, buddy. I don't know why you pulled the matrix out of your ass, either. Nothing to do with the topic. Nothing to do with movies, either. Dual wielding doubles your firepower at the expense of your accuracy and RoF. Simple. Also, why not be effective at close range with two pistols?
Old 2011-08-18, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
Duel-Welding! Wicked idea for Engineers man!!
I didn't want to laugh, but you got me on that one.

Old 2011-08-18, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

pistols is all I was going for. Make them useful for a change.
Your argument implies that pistols would not be useful. My argument implies that dual wielding clashes with the overarching style of the game. It does not, in fact, work both ways.

I don't know why you pulled the matrix out of your ass, either. Nothing to do with the topic. Nothing to do with movies, either.
I pulled the matrix "out of my ass" because the only argument I've heard that's in favor of dual wielding so far is "because it's cool". Which is the reason it regularly, as Sirisian has repeatedly pointed out, appears in cinema.
Old 2011-08-18, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

What about down a pilots skill tree the cert to dual wield pistols opens up?
I could see a use for that. Most modern day pilots carry either a .45 or a 9mm pistol, and that's it. They never carry anything larger than that. So I could see a use for a dual pistol slot opening up.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion