I so fed up with all the VS QQing that they need a buff. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Installing whistle tips on Harassers since '03
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-11, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sunrock
Major

I so fed up with all the VS QQing that they need a buff.

Ok when this had happen at 7pm CEST on EU 1 we have had tried to fight VS for an hour to take and secure Paris but even if we fielded more infantry and the same amount of tanks we had no chance against there magriders and shythe. They just shred us to peaces as they always try to come in and fight in close quarters.

Maybe if they bather to fix the recoil on the skyguard... But as VS never try to engage anyone at long range TR have a real problem dealing with them.

Maybe its just that TR sucks so really bad on EU 01 witch I start to believe.

Who else think its retarded of the VS to demand damage buffs all over the place?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PlanetSide2 2012-09-11 19-40-15-66.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	895  

Last edited by Sunrock; 2012-09-11 at 01:06 PM.
Old 2012-09-11, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TestyVenom
Private

Re: I so fed up with all the VS QQing that they need a buff.

A couple of their weapons might need some tweaking, but they do not, by any means, need a general buff. As a whole, the VS have some of the best weapons in the game, followed by the TR.
Old 2012-09-11, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

The only thing that is ridiculously underpowered for the VS right now is their sniper rifle. Everything else is fine, at least in a relative sense.
Old 2012-09-11, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
The only thing that is ridiculously underpowered for the VS right now is their sniper rifle. Everything else is fine, at least in a relative sense.
I've only found it hard to use at really long range, but they all are due to warping.
Old 2012-09-11, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by TestyVenom View Post
A couple of their weapons might need some tweaking, but they do not, by any means, need a general buff. As a whole, the VS have some of the best weapons in the game, followed by the TR.
I see TR more as the average faction when it comes to weapon power. The only thing TR have going for them is the MAX unit.

But when it comes to other vehicles both VS and NC have more specialized vehicles. For an example the Vanguard and the Magrider is better then Prowler 1 vs 1 and at mid to close range. Hell I been 1 shorted in my Prowler by a Vanguard (I use reinforced front armor). The only thing the Prowler is good for is standing in the back laying down cover fire when deployed. But at the front line they preform worse then a sunderer.

Same thing goes for the Mosquito. Ok I'm not really a good pilot but I have manage to shoot down planes in both the reaver and the shythe but I be damned if I manage to hit anything with the mosquito because it just move way too fast for me.
Old 2012-09-11, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
FOG SMoss
Private

The main reason I think is on EU01 there are a lot of squads and plenty of team work making us take over big bases very swiftly. Especially early evening EU time when we frequently have less pop than other factions.

As for the weapon buff I disagree. I have come 1 on 1 with many TR and majority of the time I lose. Even when its 1 v 1 with the MAX's TR's is more powerful.

However we use strength in numbers and are tactful. When I see a squad attacking the first port of call is to take out the enemy spawn point then we go for the capture.
Old 2012-09-11, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by FOG SMoss View Post
The main reason I think is on EU01 there are a lot of squads and plenty of team work making us take over big bases very swiftly. Especially early evening EU time when we frequently have less pop than other factions.

As for the weapon buff I disagree. I have come 1 on 1 with many TR and majority of the time I lose. Even when its 1 v 1 with the MAX's TR's is more powerful.

However we use strength in numbers and are tactful. When I see a squad attacking the first port of call is to take out the enemy spawn point then we go for the capture.
Are you playing NC or VS? Because NC 1 Vs 1 I have no problem with. But with VS 1 Vs 1 when trying to hack bases I loose the fight maybe 7 times out of 10. (compared to NC where I win 6 times out of 10.)
Old 2012-09-11, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

We QQ best while we kick your teeth in .It gives a little fire in the belly to sustain us though those wall of text rants we like about missile speed and cones of fire .

Really though I think the weapons seem fairly balanced right now infantry wise , and the only problem with the prowler is lots of people just deploy that paper tank on the broadside of a hill and get shot to bits .

As for the mossi not sure what the problem is there , too fast ? . the reaver is faster in a straight line i believe and the sythe turn rate is higher . cant you just go slower , or turn your flight sensitivity down ??

The EU1 TR seem to have lost there way , there pop is down to regular levels on par with the other 2 and for the last few days they struggled a little .

Maybe the OP should make his own QQ threa .... um , never mind
Old 2012-09-11, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Range for all weapons is the biggest VS disadvantage.

The ONLY way I can get my damage outta VS weapons is headshots. In any toe-to-toe fight, I'm going to lose if I don't aim high. I can't assume it is that way for everyone, though.

Besides, taking over the map isn't anything about equipment, it is all about tactics and organization... and capitalizing on your enemies being embroiled in a stupid battle that lets their bases be taken out from under them.

Last edited by Neurotoxin; 2012-09-11 at 02:59 PM.
Old 2012-09-11, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

VS are currently fine The Scythe is the best fighter in the game by far.

Engineer VS weapon is amazing in combat.
Old 2012-09-11, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Timealude
Captain

As neruo said Our range is the biggest problem, hell going up against an NC or TR at range is instant death for me. I have tried the other sides as well and I can see the bullet desegregation is a problem. But as they said they are going to fix that.
Old 2012-09-11, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ceska
Corporal

I play NC but tried VS just for fun (and because coudln't log my NC character on EU 01), and I was just stunned who easy it was to handle a pulsar. Same for VS MAX, even if TR MAX was still kind of hard to down.
Don't know about vehicules, but infantry gameplay as a VS is far more powerful.

Howerver, I have to admit that I have a pretty lame computer, and fighting with 15~20 fps is easyer with faster firing weapons that with hard hitting (slow firing) weapons.

But, again, such a low recoil on VS rifles...
Old 2012-09-11, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Maarvy View Post
As for the mossi not sure what the problem is there , too fast ? . the reaver is faster in a straight line i believe and the sythe turn rate is higher . cant you just go slower , or turn your flight sensitivity down ??
Maybe when joystick sensitivity settings in the game works. Right now it do diddly squat. But as I sad I suck at piloting so it might be more that the other two reavers are just easier. And no I cant adjust that by my self as I only have a 360 controller.

But no Mosqitoes are faster then Reavers in a strait line. As long as the Reaver pilot does not exploit that is.

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post

The ONLY way I can get my damage outta VS weapons is headshots. In any toe-to-toe fight, I'm going to lose if I don't aim high. I can't assume it is that way for everyone, though.
It is.....

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
As neruo said Our range is the biggest problem, hell going up against an NC or TR at range is instant death for me. I have tried the other sides as well and I can see the bullet desegregation is a problem. But as they said they are going to fix that.
Is not that hard to get in close though. Try to close the gap between you and your target a bit by using the terrain and see what that does.
Old 2012-09-11, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Our heavy assault weapon is garbage

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-09-11, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

VS seem to kill me as fast or faster than the NC. The Magrider is harder to fight than the Vanguard. Anything with A2G rockets sucks to be around. I'd say the VS should stop complaining, in my experience.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion