MCG Redesign - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When in doubt, empty your magazine.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-23, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
AThreatToYou
Major

Re: MCG Redesign

First of all, the game can't handle any ROF higher than 1000 rpm as Higby has said. Secondly, they have to completely redo human animations for that, which is a lot of work for a single gun.
They actually finished those animations. They decided against underslung after the new CounterStrike guy they hired found out that it wasn't very good for the modern FPS style.
Old 2013-06-23, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
I don't have to ask for them because they are already in the queue. I'm just trying to explain here why you can't expect this feature to be anytime soon in the game, as far as developers are concerned.
the stuff you want are pushed back to focus on "quality of life" improvements. underslung mcg is "quality of life".

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-06-23 at 04:35 PM.
Old 2013-06-23, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Shogun
Contributor
General

i think they don´t make it underslung because if they would dare to do it, the gun would have no ironsight.

consequence: the tr would call out a strike because their ha weapon had no ironsight and can´t get the bonus accuracy that goes with using ironsight/optics.

be careful what you wish for!

but i think an underslung heavy weapon wouldn´t hurt for every faction.
maybe something really empire specific and unique.
lunique, like the lasher in ps1 was. it should do something special, that is different from any standard gun. like the original lashing for vs, maybe an extreme valocity gaus cannon for nc, which accelerates the bullets so much, that they just pierce through multiple enemies that are taking cover behind each other.
no idea what would fit for the tr lore. maybe something like a infantry flak, with bullets that esplode when coming near infantry.

but all three weapons would be inaccurate and difficult to aim, due to missing ironsight mode.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-23, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
They actually finished those animations. They decided against underslung after the new CounterStrike guy they hired found out that it wasn't very good for the modern FPS style.
Screw Counterstrike, screw the 'modern FPS style', whatever it may be -- smells like 'dynamic gameplay' and all those other failed memes -- and screw the guy they hired. I want my underslung MCG back so I can stand tall like Jessie Ventura did in Predator and hose dakka around the landscape.

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
the MCG sounds more badass now
The Vanu on Connery say it sounds like somebody farting. So we have clasped this unto our bosoms, and call it TEH FART OF DOOM. Or at least we were the other night. It was hilarious.

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
i think they don´t make it underslung because if they would dare to do it, the gun would have no ironsight
We don't have iron sights for the bugger as it is -- just a little circle that resembles the Cone of Fire in PS1.

And if they make it underslung, that simply means we won't be able to use it from behind cover. Which is fine. It's for suppression, not sharpshooting. If they wind up nerfing it (and I suspect they may due to NC/VS butthurt), I'll take that over anything else.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2013-06-23 at 07:18 PM.
Old 2013-06-23, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Zulthus
Colonel

Just to clarify I don't really care either way whether the MCG looks as it is now or underslung, I was just showing my take on the classic MCG.
Old 2013-06-24, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

You know, they would probably be able to get past to ROF limitations is for that one weapon they used a hitscan system...
Old 2013-06-24, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Roderick
Corporal

Very nice graphical work there on the MCG.
Old 2013-06-26, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
the stuff you want are pushed back to focus on "quality of life" improvements. underslung mcg is "quality of life".
It only affects TR, is a lot of work to do and has potential balancing issues. I wouldn't exactly call that high priority "quality of life" compared to the tons of other still outstanding issues. And besides that, the current MCG might look a bit dorky but is still a ton of fun to use. I'm quite happy with it as an ADS weapon.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion