TK'ing 4th factioners, SOE policy? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your IQ is bound to go up sometime by reading this.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-11, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: TK'ing 4th factioners, SOE policy?

I've been TK'd repairing a turret after a base flipped ..... happens to me if I'm there 1st, or l arrive to something needing repair 2nd.
I don't care if other guys pile on to repair anything. Especially in a firefight - MORE Engies's on a Sundy or MBT simply means that vehicle is back in the fight sooner.

.....the motives for TK Griefing run the gamut. Guys who use alts to TK (or "spy") either of the 2 empires they aren't loyal to are TOOLS.

Guys who TK you to steal or hog a repair. Guys who blow up your Sundy so they can take the prime spot you got to LONG before they showed up ..... deserve lifetime bans IMHO. These are the lowest of many different dirtbags one may encounter in this game.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-07-11 at 12:44 PM.
Old 2013-07-11, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SternLX
Sergeant

Had an accidental TK yesterday while I was running an AI MAX. I was taking down a Dual Hacksaw MAX and a friendly Medic was on the otherside of that MAX. In taking out the Hack MAX I got the Medic also apparently. I had no idea I TK'd him until he re-spawned as Medic came back to the area we were defending and shot me in the back with about 4 to 5 rounds. I whipped around and nearly lit'm up but stayed my fingers when I saw it was a friendly. He stood there staring at me and I get a /tell "fucking asshole!" Then I looked at the chat log and saw I had killed him. I used the Quick Chat "Sorry" and continued on playing as if nothing happened.

Pretty sure if I had not been running a Dual Neb MAX he would of returned the TK favor. I've been accidentally TK'd more times than I like but I just shrug it off every time. Never had someone outright TK me on purpose that I'm aware of.
Old 2013-07-11, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

There are some players who take it all way too seriously and rage even if it's accidental. 99.9% of the time I'm TKed I'll just shrug it off. But then there is the obvious "Jimbob joins the platoon" 2 minutes go by "Jimbob killed you with a C4" moments. I've had this problem on multiple occasions where they will use my public listed platoon to find and TK me or others in the platoon. How I wish there was a "Ban from platoon" option!!!

Perhaps this is something that could be discussed at the PSU SOE Live round table???
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=55834

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2013-07-11, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SternLX
Sergeant

Originally Posted by AuntLou View Post
... How I wish there was a "Ban from platoon" option!!!

Perhaps this is something that could be discussed at the PSU SOE Live round table???
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=55834
Good idea, one game mechanic that is already in there that could be used is the /ignore. Say you're a Platoon or Squad leader or a Squad leader that's part of a Platoon and if a player is on your /ignore list the system won't allow them to join or be invited.
Old 2013-07-11, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by WSNeo View Post
So avoid skewing the term, "4th faction" players are player that have no dedicated empires (see faction loyalty) and join because the faction has an advantage.

Not griefers that create another character strictly to be an asshole.

Please get it right.
Just a reminder.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion