Werewolves - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The easter bunny is NC.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-04-18, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Werewolves

Totally should be added. Player is desginated as a werewolf randomly, whatever player is killed by the wolf is infected, they eventually become seprate faction with a base movespeed of a running max and one hit kill closecombat. Look like worgens in powerarmor and can tear vehicales in 5 hits.

But no srs, this thread is something different. Mutations. Flame now because some already are just from my fun paragraph above. I know this probably isnt in the game but hey, nothing better to do but whine, speculate, imagine, and screw rangerettes.

Back ontopic. Mutations. This could range from small to large. From something similair to implants to "holy shit that guy jumped a wall". Could be an alien virus affecting people, could be the new neutral faction if there is.

I imagine some charcteristics of mutations would be,

)Wouldn't deactivate upon jammer
)Unable to mix implants with mutations (one or other)
)Would be same in certs as implants is
)Are upgradeable? (In sense of choosing the upgrade over more mutations
)Players with mutations recieve a small percentage like 5-15% more damage from plasma nades or similair weapons as well as flamethrower.

Some mutations ideas I have are as follows, titles work in progress
Increased healing:Healths at a rate slower than regeneration but does not drain stamina and is constant

Upgrade healing:Heals at an faster rate than regeneration implant same as Increased Healing but player's stamina is drained faster from stanima draining effects and recieves 10% more damage

Enhanced Stride: Player moves at speed with an non-heavy weapon equipped as if no weapon was equipped.

Bone density: Player has natural increased armor by small amount

Jump: Player jumps a little higher (easier to jump onto railings or over) and spends half the stamina for the jump

Upgrade Jump: Player activated ability, can be used while running but not when weapon equipped. After 2 seconds player expends all stamina to leap a considerable hight.(Should this be wall height or not?)

Adreneline:When players health is reduced below 30%, player recieves move speed increase to half of surge, heavily drains stanima and effect wears off once stanima is drained

Concentration:Player becomes immobile for 2 seconds, as long as player does not move player recieves increased accuracy and less recoil. Drains 4 stanima constantly while active

Increased Smell: While active player can see small "scent" trails given off by enemy players. Scent trail left by enemy player lasts 15 seconds from the spot they passed until disperesed. Scent changes color as red recent to slow fading blue to old for duration of the scent. Infil suits are to sterlizied and rubbery to leave a smell thus they leave no trail.

Upgrade Smell: Enemy scents now last 30 seconds. Infil suits not leave a scent of 8 seconds.

Ultimate Form: Player turns into the ultimate form in which is impossible to percieve and appears simply as a blur to enemy players. Damages all enemies in sight for 40 health persecond.

Anyways you get the point. The likely hood of this being added in game? The same chance that Planetside will be playable in march. But hey nothing else to do but whine, imagine, and discuss.

And screw rangerettes

Last edited by Senyu; 2011-04-18 at 10:53 PM.
Old 2011-04-18, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
morf
First Sergeant

Re: Werewolves

Can I infect the brains of my victims and BECOME them?
Old 2011-04-19, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Canaris
Contributor
General

sounds like Vanu depravity to me, attempting to spoil the perfection that is the Terran Republic.

I don't see why you need a whole lot of different mutations when half of them are covered by implants already and the other ones like "ultimate form" sound crasy over powered to me.

These seem to be nothing more buff's with no disadvantages, why would you bother to use an implant then?
A fine idea but one that could be covered and balanced using the existing implant platform tbh.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-04-19, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
FiftySeventh
Private

erm... what?

wouldnt like to see mutations. i quite enjoy the balance.

and if it was infectious wouldnt everyone end up with it sooner or later?
Old 2011-04-19, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Is this real?
Old 2011-04-19, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

I can see an event where a nano-virus turns a bunch of people into depraved raving mutants that attempt to kill everyone. Could be player controlled, could be not, but it would be a lot of fun.

One more thing...

Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2011-04-19, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SavageB
First Sergeant

No..that's my answer.

<---- WOW forums are that way
Old 2011-04-19, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
MoreShiraz
Private

You are on the PSU forums not WOW dude....
Old 2011-04-19, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Raymac
Brigadier General

Are we getting this desperate?

You know what this idea reminds me of? When I was a little kid, my younger brother wanted a puppy really badly, but my parents said no, but they got him some goldfish instead. Well, 1 day my mom walks into his room and finds him petting his goldfish. It was such a sad sight, the next day we went out and got a dog.

SOE, please feed us some information here. If we are resorting to things like this, we are starving for that puppy.
Old 2011-04-19, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
morf
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by morf View Post
Can I infect the brains of my victims and BECOME them?
SOMEONE ANSWER
Old 2011-04-19, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
etheral
Corporal

VS should become sparkly vampires
Old 2011-04-19, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Are we getting this desperate?

You know what this idea reminds me of? When I was a little kid, my younger brother wanted a puppy really badly, but my parents said no, but they got him some goldfish instead. Well, 1 day my mom walks into his room and finds him petting his goldfish. It was such a sad sight, the next day we went out and got a dog.

SOE, please feed us some information here. If we are resorting to things like this, we are starving for that puppy.
I don't want SOE getting any ideas like this from PSU, I move that we delete this thread at once.

I feel like this is how BFR's came along..

SOE Employee #1 "Dude, you know what we should do?"
SOE Employee #2 "What?"
SOE Employee #1 "Remember that huge robot from Robocop?"
SOE Employee #2 "He was bad ass. What you thinkin?"
SOE Employee #1 "Lets give him wings........"
Old 2011-04-19, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
I don't want SOE getting any ideas like this from PSU, I move that we delete this thread at once.
Actually, I hope SOE sees this and says, "Dude, we gotta give these fans some more information about this game we are so excited about. They are starting to talk about werewolves for goodness sake. I feel sorry for them, so can we show them some of the new bases?"

I'm not above receiving a pity fuck, and I'm getting some serious PS:N blue balls here.
Old 2011-04-19, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Actually, I hope SOE sees this and says, "Dude, we gotta give these fans some more information about this game we are so excited about. They are starting to talk about werewolves for goodness sake. I feel sorry for them, so can we show them some of the new bases?"

I'm not above receiving a pity fuck, and I'm getting some serious PS:N blue balls here.
Don't get me started on another SOE rant. I've just finally come to terms with the fact that this is how things are, and after 7 years, it's not going to change.

SOE would make a horrible girlfriend. Nuff said I thinks
Old 2011-04-19, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

This just reminds me of one of the many FPS gametypes that PS could implement on a weekly basis as events.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion