Galaxy gunships and drop pods as well as other side grades. - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We should all quit this thing called the internet.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-16, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Zekeen
Major

Re: Galaxy gunships and drop pods as well as other side grades.

Originally Posted by xSlideShow View Post
I'm still not understanding why we need 2 gunships... What happened to my liberator.
Gunship just means it is an assault aircraft. The Reaver, Sycthe, and Mosquito count as gunships. Liberator is an anti ground type vehicle with less AA capacities, and the Galaxy Gunship is a damage soaking low altitude support craft.

A more correct questions is "why do we need more than one VEHICLE?"

Because more is awesome.
Old 2012-05-20, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #152
Kipper
Captain

Again, your argument is at worst theoretical and at best, based on PS1 experiences which was not a game made famous for its careful balancing.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned at all - but you shouldn't be TOO concerned. PS2 is a different game, built from the ground up, with a more modern approach to balancing (ie, stuff goes in that fits, not just because it's cool).

In the above story - the big GG formation couldn't capture anything, so they'd suppress, but still lose territory overall because it's harder for them to gain it. Lack of territory means lack of resources, and that makes it harder to replace any losses. I don't see 20 GG being able to farm 30-40 AA lightnings without taking any damage or losses at all, I just don't.
Old 2012-05-20, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
Timealude
Captain

Re: Galaxy gunships and drop pods as well as other side grades.

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Again, your argument is at worst theoretical and at best, based on PS1 experiences which was not a game made famous for its careful balancing.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned at all - but you shouldn't be TOO concerned. PS2 is a different game, built from the ground up, with a more modern approach to balancing (ie, stuff goes in that fits, not just because it's cool).

In the above story - the big GG formation couldn't capture anything, so they'd suppress, but still lose territory overall because it's harder for them to gain it. Lack of territory means lack of resources, and that makes it harder to replace any losses. I don't see 20 GG being able to farm 30-40 AA lightnings without taking any damage or losses at all, I just don't.
Plus with the current TTK the vehicles take very high damage from weapons so im sure they will fix this in beta but im still think vehicles aren't going to be as strong armor wise as PS1
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion