Do planetside players have legit concerns or do they just hate to evolve? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pull the pin and count to what?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-17, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Do planetside players have legit concerns or do they just hate to evolve?

I love Planetside, is a top 3 game for me personally.

I do get concern when I hear about some stuff like kill cams since I don't want Planetside to be too much like some games out right now.

Still I have noticed that every little idea gets full of criticism...Maybe these people have points but it seems like the jump to conclusions way too fast....I mean way too fast.

It appears to me that people love the original Planetside so much that they don't want it to evolve at all...They rather have all the flaws the original planetside had in order for it to not change....It seems like these people just want updated graphics as Planetside 2.

I guess I could see why people don't want it to evolve much since it is probably the only MMOFPS they ever played(it is for me)...So this game is very special...but come on people, it has to evolve...Planetside 1 was no way near perfect but still is one of the best damn games I ever played.

I could be wrong but this is just my observation reading the forum. In my opinion people need to see the flaws planetside 1 had and be happy it is evolving...When something looks wrong don't jump to conclusions and say is gonna break the game since you havn't played it.

I remember how people were saying classes were a horrible idea...Now everybody seems to have accept it so I guess in the end you will accept the game and stop complaining so much.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-05-17 at 05:42 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vash02
Major

Re: Do planetside players have legit concerns or do they just hate to evolve?

There wouldn't be much point of having a 'Planetside 2 Discussion' forum if every response to a new development is "I'll have to wait for beta!" Yawn.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NCLynx
Major

And the flaws PS1 players wish to keep are? Not trying to be a jackass, just looking for some clarification.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
There wouldn't be much point of having a 'Planetside 2 Discussion' forum if every response to a new development is "I'll have to wait for beta!" Yawn.
Like I said I understand but some people jump to conclusions and act like anything is gonna break the game.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Stardouser
Colonel

People always use this defense whenever others reject certain features. It's invalid, of course, there are going to be hundreds of changes to the game. People are accepting the major changes such as aim down sight mechanic, but other things just don't make sense. There are relatively few things being crusaded against.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Like I said I understand but some people jump to conclusions and act like anything is gonna break the game.
You gotta keep in mind, there are some people here (and elsewhere) who will do nothing but jump to conclusions until the game is out.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
And the flaws PS1 players wish to keep are? Not trying to be a jackass, just looking for some clarification.
No classes...Was a big flaw...and I remember people crying when classes were introduced.

The reason classes were a big flaw was because almost anybody could be a medic...this ruined Sniper battles since somebody will get shot and heal themselves and repair their armors.

That was a joke...and I remember people in this forum being upset about this.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
No classes...Was a big flaw...and I remember people crying when classes were introduced.

The reason classes were a big flaw was because almost anybody could be a medic...this ruined Sniper battles since somebody will get shot and heal themselves and repair their armors.

That was a joke...and I remember people in this forum being upset about this.
So just because it's different it's good then. Because there can be and were many debates on this, and there was never consensus.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I believe that the opinions of "vets" (whatever that is supposed to be) is valuable, as they will ask to keep things more "related" to the original, but they tend to knee-jerk to proposals that are not simply what they are traditionally used to. What bothers me is that I see a lot of "I hate that" followed by "I never played such and such in the original". You should just offer some opinion on some of the potentials, good or bad, but keep an open mind to how the game must evolve.

It is the Planetside theme that we love, but it is not Planetside.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-05-17, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
So just because it's different it's good then. Because there can be and were many debates on this, and there was never consensus.
huh? no is good because classes make the game more balanced, thats why.

I would like an inventory system tho.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Mechzz
Major

We can't go back through time to capture that special feeling we got from playing PS1 first time around. But by god, what I've seen so far has excited me more for a video game than anything I've seen in the last 8 years.

The new PS won't be perfect, but it will still be the best. And it will be planetside.
Old 2012-05-17, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
We can't go back through time to capture that special feeling we got from playing PS1 first time around. But by god, what I've seen so far has excited me more for a video game than anything I've seen in the last 8 years.

The new PS won't be perfect, but it will still be the best. And it will be planetside.
Well said.

There is no way to please everyone, but I've never been this excited for anything, be it a movie, a book, an album, a concert, a video game...anything.

Old 2012-05-17, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Vancha
Colonel

The answer is a bit of both.
Old 2012-05-17, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Graywolves
General

There all always people who see the sky is falling.

It's not limited to vets. Lots of people have legitimate concerns, for some people it just doesn't feel like it some things fit(still a legitimate concern).

The community (vet or not) is passionate. It's important to remember that even if some people say the sky is falling they know fully well they are going to be here at launch.

In closing, I'm pretty bored of the "Vets don't know/FNGs don't know" w.e.

Planetside 2, new game, sequel, blah blah blah, beta, we aint played yet, inb4lock
Old 2012-05-17, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
TheGodCanine
Private

Changes can be good and Planetside 2 made many good changes but also a few bad ones.

I can tell you,the word ''evolve'',and ''l2adapt'' annoys the hell out of me since I've been hearing that after seeing the disaster known as BF3.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion