News: GU08 Patch Notes 05-02-2013 - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: badges, we dont need no stinkin badges
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-06, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: GU08 Patch Notes 05-02-2013

I totally agree that lack of any real training is a problem in this game.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-06, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

The lack of a tutorial or legend is pretty ass, yeah.

I've accumulated about 7 days in this game, and I still have no fucking idea what half the symbols on the map represent. lol
Old 2013-05-06, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Fenrys
Major

"Training" in the sense of "this is what you should be doing" isn't what I'm talking about.

Behavioral training - like telling a dog to sit, then giving them a bone when they do or spraying them with water when they don't. Replace the water bottle with an electrode surgically implanted into an area of that dog's brain that would cause nausea when stimulated.

Inducing nausea in response to a behavior is one of the most efficient and effective methods of reducing instances of that behavior.

If you give a rat a lever that sometimes produces a food pellet at random intervals, they'll push that lever until they die from exhaustion. Hit that same rat with radiation after they've eaten their 1,000'th pellet, and they'll become nauseous and stop pushing the lever after only 1 or 2 more pellets.

Planetside is training it's players to avoid playing Planetside by making them nauseous.

*edit*
When I loaded up the game today, there was a 40MB patch, and then a 2nd 10MB patch after crashing. It's much easier to ride in vehicles now.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2013-05-06 at 07:50 PM.
Old 2013-05-06, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

I know this game needs more in-game training. I tried to explain how to capture territory to somebody yesterday who was completely foreign to the whole capture point(battlefield style) gameplay mechanics. It was a nightmare when I had to throw in what generators do, what teleporters are for, what the SCU is, how terminals and turrets can be hacked or destroyed, how an AMS can still spawn soldiers within a base who's SCU has been destroyed...

Man this is one complicated game if you think about it from the perspective of somebody who has never played Planetside 1 and isn't familiar with Battlefield. It's even worse when trying to explain you can level up your character, save custom loadouts, level up vehicles and all of that crap.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion