Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-08-29, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
starbum
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Your MBTI Type

I was taking a personality test to find out what careers would most likely work for me, and it got me thinking. Are there certain types of personalities that are drawn to Planetside Universe? We all got along pretty well at PSUMA so there might be some kind of relation of some sort. So, im just curious...what is your type?

My type is ISFJ; 6% of the total population. One of the Guardians (SJ). Quiet, friendly, responsible and conscientious. Work devoted to meet their obligations. Lend stability to any project or group. Through, painstaking, accurate. Their interests are usually not technical. Can be patient with necessary details. Loyal, considerate, perceptive, concerned with how other people feel.

The test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

The explaination of the different types: http://morriscat.50megs.com/type/
(The navigation on this site is hard to understand, but the links are on the bottom of the page...look for the area with all the "Please understand me" and "Type talk" links)

My type description was amazingly accurate, I've gone to tons of sites describing my type and the way I act and feel (and why I feel that way) and its really scary its so true. I've discovered more about myself, its fun!

So, whats your type?

Last edited by starbum; 2004-08-29 at 05:12 PM.
Old 2004-08-29, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EineBeBoP
Contributor
Pns Ndabut

Misc Info

Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
78 28 11 11

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
very expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality
Old 2004-08-29, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Corrosion

Misc Info

Your Type is
ENFJ
Old 2004-08-29, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Your Type is
ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
11 1 67 56

You are:
-slightly expressed introvert
-slightly expressed sensing personality
-distinctively expressed thinking personality
-moderately expressed perceiving personality
Old 2004-08-29, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Triggar
Contributor

Surprise, surprise: I'm an ESTJ.

Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs] are squarely on the side of rules and procedures, and they can be quite serious about seeing to it that others toe the mark�or else face the consequences. They do not hesitate to give their stamp of approval, nor do they withhold their directions or suggestions for improvement. Like seasoned, stalwart umpires, Supervisors will set their jaw and make the call on anyone who steps up to bat. They even feel obligated to do so, and they�re sometimes surprised when others don�t seem grateful for being set straight.

Comprising at least ten percent of the population, Supervisors go by experience and that is what counts, not speculation and experimentation, and certainly not fantasy. They keep their feet firmly on the ground and make sure that those under their supervision do the same, whether employee, subordinate, offspring, or spouse. If others wish to fool around and daydream, fine, as long as they do it on their own time�which means after the job is done. But if they fritter away their time while on duty, they should not be surprised when the Supervisor calls them on the carpet. The top sergeant will not put up with such nonsense.

Supervisors are gregarious and civic-minded, and are usually key players of their community. They are generous with their time and energy, and very often belong to a variety of groups, supporting them through steady attendance, but also taking a vocal leadership role. Indeed, membership groups of all kinds attract ESTJs like magnets, perhaps because membership satisfies in some degree their need to maintain the stability of social institutions. Like all the Guardians, ESTJs worry a good deal about society falling apart, morality decaying, standards being undermined, traditions being lost, and they do all they can to preserve and to extend the institutions that embody social order. Supervisors are so in tune with the established institutions and ways of behaving within those institutions, that they have a hard time understanding those who might wish to abandon or radically change them.
Old 2004-08-29, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I have no idea what the fuck any of you are talking about.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-08-29, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mag
Lieutenant Colonel

Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Percieving
11 67 56 1

You are:
slightly expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed percieving personality
---
Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.
---
Whabam.

Last edited by Mag; 2004-08-29 at 06:04 PM.
Old 2004-08-29, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Everay
Major General

sorta like triggar, but i dont always go on experience, i go on what i think would work.

Profile: INTP
Revision: 2.4
Date of Revision: 20 Jul 03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.
Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

INTPs in the main are not clannish. The INTP mailing list, with a readership now in triple figures, was in its incipience fraught with all the difficulties of the Panama canal: we had trouble deciding on:

1) whether or not there should be such a group,
2) exactly what such a group should be called, and
3) which of us would have to take the responsibility for organization and maintenance of the aforesaid group/club/whatever.
Old 2004-08-29, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

gah 72 questions. Ill do it later.
Old 2004-08-29, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
33 11 11 22

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-08-29, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Spee
Colonel

This is so wickedly accurate its freaky.

Originally Posted by guy
"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.
Old 2004-08-29, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

it _says_ i'm INTP

44/33/67/11

i doubt it.
Old 2004-08-29, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Too many questions. Not like me to shy out on something like that. Besides, I don't need a test to figure out who I am.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-08-29, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

INJT

Hit the nail right on the head.

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.
Honestly, I expected it to be far off, but its not, at all. Kind of creepy.

Last edited by MattxMosh; 2004-08-29 at 09:16 PM.
Old 2004-08-29, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Entj
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge