Let's discuss: The tactical value of the Harasser - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: OOOO a frisky one are we?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-26, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Let's discuss: The tactical value of the Harasser

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I remember referring to them as coffins in PS1.
At their current damage absorption rate, more like tungsten coffins with blastproof windshields.
Old 2013-04-26, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

being able to put the ES Vehicle secondaries on these is going to be rediculous. Saron snipes, Vulcan insta-gibs Enforcer to a lesser degree lol. Should be some good fun.
Old 2013-04-26, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
camycamera
Major

i tested and found out it is immune to small arms fire, a definite plus over the flash; that means no more getting shot off if you were trying to ram someone. and having someone in the gunner seat+ a max in the rumble seat would make you one heck of an anti infantry/anti air/anti-vehicle (to light vehicles, i guess though, or ones that don't have large barrels poking you in the ass) killing machine. although, the terrain would be the judge regarding accuracy.

however, with the diffuser, and its ability to not be damaged by small arms that would usually hang around, say, a tech plant, it would be much more effective than a flash, just due to its invulnerability.
Old 2013-04-26, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
AThreatToYou
Major

I foresee Harasser being... good.
Old 2013-04-26, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Punker
Corporal

Dual flame thrower max in the back for aesthetics
Old 2013-04-27, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Fenrys
Major

The PS1 Harasser (aka the Rolling Coffin) was mostly used for LLU runs.

Maybe PS2 is getting LLU's someday too?
Old 2013-04-27, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Micro
Sergeant Major

LLU?
Old 2013-04-27, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Micro View Post
LLU?
http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/index.php?title=LLU

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-04-27, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Goldymires
Private

Well my defence for the Harraser is that it is.

More faster than a tank and more manuverable.

Smaller hitbox.

Can't say on the Hitpoints, but the composite armor covers every area. Including the back. Even defence from C4.
Old 2013-04-27, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Goliith
Private

I'm looking forward to this coming to live, played around with it on the Test server and it looks like an amazing vehicle for those who end up playing in small groups or like to do 'sneaky' opperations, at 110KPH on flat ground with Racer chassis, and doing 0-110KPH in about .5 seconds with Turbo, not a damn thing will hit you that you don't want to hit you.

I am greatly looking forward to rocking one of these with Engineer Driver, HA/Engineer gunner, with a Max in the trunk for covering retreats, as TR even with just one Burster and one Fracture, that will be more than enough to deter just about anything from chasing you. + Roof gun.
Old 2013-04-28, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rolfski
Major

Couldn't make it it to the Focus test this weekend, anyone got good fighting experience out of it?
Old 2013-05-03, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Trudeus
Private

The thing is gonna get nerfed. Update came out yesterday, and my platoon was getting harassed by them all the time. I think this is primarily because there's no real counter against one or two of them hitting you and retreating for repairs yet. If you're specialized enough and coordinated enough the Harasser is a beast, once upgrades are given. I found that the biggest effect they had on my platoon was diverting men from our northern perimeter where TR Sundys and Prowlers were coming from to our southern perimeter. As a result we couldn't focus fire on the Sundys and Prowlers and ended up getting pushed out. They're effective in that sense, but as a front-line unit not so much. I imagine they WILL be modified in some way very soon.
Old 2013-05-03, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Trudeus View Post
The thing is gonna get nerfed. Update came out yesterday, and my platoon was getting harassed by them all the time. I think this is primarily because there's no real counter against one or two of them hitting you and retreating for repairs yet. If you're specialized enough and coordinated enough the Harasser is a beast, once upgrades are given. I found that the biggest effect they had on my platoon was diverting men from our northern perimeter where TR Sundys and Prowlers were coming from to our southern perimeter. As a result we couldn't focus fire on the Sundys and Prowlers and ended up getting pushed out. They're effective in that sense, but as a front-line unit not so much. I imagine they WILL be modified in some way very soon.
I dont see how, unless its a buff because currently they take damage from every weapon in the game so they are very easy to kill..hell you can run up to one with a nova (VS shotgun) and shoot it and it will take off a goo chunk of its health.

As far as tactical advantage, its not really worth any thing....but in a sense of fun they are the best vehicles in the game. They are fun to drive, fun to gun and just having that sense of fun play is perfect.
Old 2013-05-04, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Eggy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Trudeus View Post
Every single weapon, projectile, shell, rocket and explosive in the game can damage a stock harraser. (apart from mabye AP mines)
The situation above directly describes one of the main roles its supposed to fulfill.

At the moment I am finding that my fully certed harraser has a better survivability, longer lifepsan and a higher K/D than my maxed out prowler though.

Ive put that down to the dedicated driver though, it just suits my outfits playstyle much more than driver as gunner.

It also comes down to how you engage and what targets you choose to engage.

I have a much higher success rate of multi roadkills in the harraser than I do in the prowler. If i see a group of infantry in the open running them all over is easy in it. (which is as it should be, they should use cover)

I have no problems engaging a solo 1/2 or 2/2 MBT, another 2/3 harraser or a lightning.

I choose not to engage groups of tanks or 3/3 harrasers as an AV max in the back chews me a new one.
Old 2013-05-05, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rolfski
Major

Sofar, this vehicle seems reasonably balanced and foremost a lot of fun. I've yet to run into game-changing tactics with it though. For sure, they're fun to use in open ground infantry battles and in unusual places inside bases but still as a whole, it feels a bit gimmicky.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion