So vehicle friendly fire is now allowed in the warpgate after the latest patch? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Flying Fist Attack of Death and Destruction (TM)
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-03, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
omega four
Staff Sergeant

So vehicle friendly fire is now allowed in the warpgate after the latest patch?

After the latest patch (GU08), I've seen players teamkill friendly vehicles IN the warp gate. I even had one friendly Heavy Assault blow up my ESF while I was repairing it in the warp gate.

Is this a new design decision or a bug?

Regardless, the fact that friendly fire allows so much griefing from other players who are supposedly on your team is just one of many reasons why my PS2 playing time diminishes day by day.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ice
Private

Re: So vehicle friendly fire is now allowed in the warpgate after the latest patch?

It's always been that way. Any unmanned vehicle can be blown up by team members.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Re: So vehicle friendly fire is now allowed in the warpgate after the latest patch?

Originally Posted by Ice View Post
It's always been that way. Any unmanned vehicle can be blown up by team members.
That can happen in the warp gate? If so, then it makes repairing vehicles in your own warpgate just has dangerous as it is out in the field when there are griefers in the warpgate.

And there are ALWAYS griefers in the warpgates....
Old 2013-05-03, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Oh balls.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
CToxin
Private

This is why I just sit in my mossie and wait for an engie to repair it or for the auto-repair to do its work.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
leifnielsen
Corporal

I don't remember this being an issue in PS1. Has something changed or are there just more assholes in the world these days?
Old 2013-05-03, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by leifnielsen View Post
I don't remember this being an issue in PS1. Has something changed or are there just more assholes in the world these days?
I think it's that and that SOE does not deliver administrative punishment to players for TKing friendlies.
Old 2013-05-04, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Fenrys
Major

95% of humans are dangerously stupid and/or crazy. I'm not sure if this is a recent change, or if I just failed to notice it before.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Will Pstwo
Private

I thought it was actually the opposite, that they recently REMOVED vehicle FF in the warpgate.
Shows how much I know, lol
Old 2013-05-07, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by leifnielsen View Post
Actually, as I recall, people with weapons locked were actually put to use in Planetside as repairing friendly vehicles help get rid of their grief faster.
So you pull your Prowler into the CY next to the repair/resupply silo and there was a whole pit crew scrambling to rep your shit.

Personally, I blame f2p.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion