Needed planetside 2 changes/fixes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We all know what egg is but what the hell is nog
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-06, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Needed planetside 2 changes/fixes

1. Spawn buildings need 2 way roof access, it makes no sense why you can only go one way and not get back with out jumping off the building and going back in through the front door/shield.

2. Tunnels in bases need full 2 way access again just like the spawn building roofs. Every part of a base and or structure should have a full 2 way access to the friendly empire to help in its defense. It makes absolutely no sense to do it the way they currently are.

3. Full 2 way access from towers spawn room, this has gotten better know doubt with the ability to go up a gravity pad from inside the spawn and then back down again. But we need it from the second floor you drop in to with out having to go outside, "thank you SOE for the first half change", but now finish it with the rest of the bases and building designs being defense friendly just as they would be in reality.

4. We need more shields on doorways to important things like generators and SCU that should need to be hacked in order to get through, like doors that needed to be hacked to be opened like in PS1.

5.All shields need to be able to be shot through by the friendly empire, I am not sure if this is intentional or a bug but some shields can not be shot through such as the top floor room in a tower.
6. Get rid of pain fields, we don't need them! With the shield system enemies can not get into a spawn until it is captured so there is no reason to not allow use the enjoyment of having to clear out a herd of enemies from the spawn room after the cap has gone though. This is extremely enjoyable for both the attackers and defenders as it gives them a last moment Alamo situation

6. Capture points "CCs" should need to be hacked not just stood next to by an enemy, this BF mechanic is getting really old. You need to make capping more difficult and making some one have to hack a CC just like in PS1 and hold/defend the hack was way BETTER and original.

7. Max charge should be a one hit kill as he runs over infentry both enemy and friendly alike. Being it needs a recharge a one hit melee kill should be balanced to the 2 hit standard melee kill. I would opt for all Melee attacks to be a one hit kill, as melee attacks in Planetside require extreme skill to pull off especially to not die in the process.

8.Night and thermal vision need to be separately upgradable with a zooming feature so they can also zoom just like the normal scopes for guns

9. Maxes need zoom optics/night vision built into there helmets, this is especially useful when using AA and AV maxes and should be upgradable just like the tank gun zoom.

10. You should be able to put all your aesthetics you have purchased on your vehicle at the same time. You should be able to have your under lighting and hubcaps and your armor upgrade on at the same time not just one or the other.

11. I think purchases like armor/helmets should give you a very slight increase in your armor state like 5 percent just to add to the effect of wearing it. Like how a max looks a little tougher when he has his upgraded armor on it should carry a minute state increase as well, however they should also be able to be bought with cert points not just station cash just like the weapons are.

12. This goes with #7, we should have cool ES upgradable melee weapons that have higher damage just like we do guns.

Empire specific change

1. The NC Phoenix needs more tuning, you are heading in the right direction with adding the range counter again "thanks SOE". But we need a little more with a weapon as complicated as the phoenix, we need the steerabilty better, give us the boost option back that we first had when it came out and we need the air burst mode back from PS1. It would also be nice to have a larger field of view for the camera mode as its currently to tight. Several people have mentioned the idea of giving it a target identifier HUD with lock boxes that lock on to all targets it sees to help the operator choose a target to steer it towards like real camera guided missiles and cruise missiles do, This is a very good idea and should be easy to make.

Please add to the list as you see fit as I really want PS2 to be all it can be and we need the devs to see this and get working on these things to improve the game as they have all ready been doing
Old 2013-05-07, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Needed planetside 2 changes/fixes

you want melee to be onehit killers and then you want upgradable melee with even more damage? so one hit kills an enemy 2 times?

i agree on the rest of the post!

but i would take a more radical aproach on the spawn oneway shields...
the bases need a complete redesign with spawnrooms in the protected core of the building like ps1 had.
the small spawncontainers in the open field are bullshit and the deathstoke to good battleflow. ps1 had it right! it was possible to directly go for the spawns, but only with cloakers and extreme caution or with maxcrushes and extreme brute force.
in ps1 you can camp the spawns on your own with your allmighty solotank. that´s lame.

i haven´t used the phenix for some days. if it hasn´t already, it needs the option to leave the missile alone during flight and get back to soldierview by using the trigger again.
so firing will get you to camview and firing again while flying will switch back to soldierview and leave the missile flying straight.
and pressing secondary would do the same but detonate the missile instead of letting it fly straight.
when i used the phenix the last time it was a death trap when you missed and the missile went on flying for some seconds while you were a sitting duck.

i totally agree on zoom for maxes! NEED!

the game is getting better already, but it is still lacking too much! ps1 had a lot of systems right that are broken in ps2 because all the bf stuff doesn´t fit.

i also still need a map where i can see important information at a glance. finding squadmates is still a pain in the arse and even seing where i died or where i am is not possible at a glance. why doesn´t the map center on me when i bring it up?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-07, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Some good points there, especially some way for MAXs to get optics upgrades. I'd really like to have night-vision as a MAX option, although presumably there would need to be some kind of downside to the optics and also some way of turning them on and off.

I don't agree about MAX Charge inflicting damage though, it's useful enough as it is. I also don't agree with giving stat boosts to cosmetic helmet/armour items.

Old 2013-05-07, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Some good points raised here in the OP, but I am against one hit melee kills; this is not COD.

Also strongly against the concept of cosmetic items having an effect that is anything more than cosmetic. Blatent Pay2Win.

I do like the idea of MAX optics; should be switchable between standard view and the enhanced optic in game as it would be built into the helmet.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
you want melee to be onehit killers and then you want upgradable melee with even more damage? so one hit kills an enemy 2 times?

i agree on the rest of the post!

but i would take a more radical aproach on the spawn oneway shields...
the bases need a complete redesign with spawnrooms in the protected core of the building like ps1 had.
the small spawncontainers in the open field are bullshit and the deathstoke to good battleflow. ps1 had it right! it was possible to directly go for the spawns, but only with cloakers and extreme caution or with maxcrushes and extreme brute force.
in ps1 you can camp the spawns on your own with your allmighty solotank. that´s lame.

i haven´t used the phenix for some days. if it hasn´t already, it needs the option to leave the missile alone during flight and get back to soldierview by using the trigger again.
so firing will get you to camview and firing again while flying will switch back to soldierview and leave the missile flying straight.
and pressing secondary would do the same but detonate the missile instead of letting it fly straight.
when i used the phenix the last time it was a death trap when you missed and the missile went on flying for some seconds while you were a sitting duck.

i totally agree on zoom for maxes! NEED!

the game is getting better already, but it is still lacking too much! ps1 had a lot of systems right that are broken in ps2 because all the bf stuff doesn´t fit.

i also still need a map where i can see important information at a glance. finding squadmates is still a pain in the arse and even seing where i died or where i am is not possible at a glance. why doesn´t the map center on me when i bring it up?
Sorry I miss wrote this, so the default knife would stay the same because the only reason it does not kill on one hit is because of the shield. I'm just saying there should be a better one on the market that you can buy with SC or certs and is bigger and heavier and kills on one hit but is slower on its strikes. And hitting E will get your out of camera mode with your phoenix. I know I had the same problem when I first used it lol. Definitely needs its air burst mode back!

Last edited by Livefire; 2013-05-07 at 07:43 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Like the down side to using a gun with the scope you purchased with your certs?
Old 2013-05-07, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Some good points there, especially some way for MAXs to get optics upgrades. I'd really like to have night-vision as a MAX option, although presumably there would need to be some kind of downside to the optics and also some way of turning them on and off.

I don't agree about MAX Charge inflicting damage though, it's useful enough as it is. I also don't agree with giving stat boosts to cosmetic helmet/armour items.
Why not? Max charge should steam roll soldiers! A max is an indoor tank and should be treated and feared as such! Plus its on a recharge timer so a max can't just keep doing it continuously.

Last edited by Livefire; 2013-05-07 at 07:56 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Some good points raised here in the OP, but I am against one hit melee kills; this is not COD.

Also strongly against the concept of cosmetic items having an effect that is anything more than cosmetic. Blatent Pay2Win.

I do like the idea of MAX optics; should be switchable between standard view and the enhanced optic in game as it would be built into the helmet.
One hit kills would only be with a max charge and or a soldiers upgraded knife he spends SC on or cert points to get. It would hit slower cause it is bigger and heavier with some kind of on board power system so it can get through the shield of a soldier on the first strike. Think of this upgraded knife as a kind of short powerful sci-fi sword.

And for the cosmetic items - Not if you can purchase them with cert points as well not just SC.

Last edited by Livefire; 2013-05-07 at 07:55 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post

Old 2013-05-07, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shogun
Contributor
General

na, the whole quickknife thing is stupid.

if better melee weapons are introduced, the knife has to become a real weaponslot like the guns.

quickknifing feels like you are magically growing a third arm instantly.

if quickknifing stays, the only options possible for melee are pure cosmetical, or maybe a enhancement to range like changing the short knife to a longer sword, katana or spear. but the range enhancement has to come with a delay to not overpower it.

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-05-07 at 08:08 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

na, the whole quickknife thing is stupid.

if better melee weapons are introduced, the knife has to become a real weaponslot like the guns.

quickknifing feels like you are magically growing a third arm instantly.

if quickknifing stays, the only options possible for melee are pure cosmetical, or maybe a enhancement to range like changing the short knife to a longer sword, katana or spear. but the range enhancement has to come with a delay to not overpower it.
No i'm all for the knife getting its own slot, should still be a quick knife but it should be an equipable and unequipable item. No third arm bs lol.
Old 2013-05-07, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
No i'm all for the knife getting its own slot, should still be a quick knife but it should be an equipable and unequipable item. No third arm bs lol.
the term quickknife stands for a knife that is used by the press of a button without the need to equip it first.

that´s what i don´t like and what feels like a third arm because you are wielding another weapon at the same time without the need to unequip it.

so the knife should just need to be equipped like any other weapon.

Old 2013-05-07, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

the term quickknife stands for a knife that is used by the press of a button without the need to equip it first.

that´s what i don´t like and what feels like a third arm because you are wielding another weapon at the same time without the need to unequip it.

so the knife should just need to be equipped like any other weapon.
Oh ok, well ya that's fine because the upgraded knife is bigger and more powerful, able to one shot infantry it should have to be equip and used in place of a gun then, unlike the quick knife that takes 2 hits that you carry by default. That would make sense to me
Old 2013-05-07, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

MAX Charge doing damage (especially enough to one-shot people!) would be crazy overpowered. As it stands it's a really useful, life-saving ability for the MAX - making it capable of instantly killing multiple people would be a *huge* buff to MAXs and simply isn't needed.

MAXs are already powerful, I'm all for small changes to make them more interesting and versatile, but they don't need a flat-out buff.

As for optics: I was thinking mainly of what downsides a MAX night-vision optic would have. As a scope it reduces your peripheral vision, for example. Is that appropriate for a MAX optic?

I'm sort of assuming they'd need to work a bit differently to scopes, since presumably they'd be an upgrade to the MAX suit itself, rather than being applied to the weapons.

Although, again, MAX units are already powerful - giving them a zoom or night-vision makes them even better. There is an argument to be made for all MAX optics having some kind of downside just to keep them in check.

Old 2013-05-07, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nur
Sergeant

I am against everything that makes MAXES stronger, as they are already very strong.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion