Looking for large combined-arms TR outfit - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: please be ready to show proof of your sense of humour.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-06-18, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
amblingalong
Private

Looking for large combined-arms TR outfit

I haven't quite decided what role I want to focus on in PS2. In the original I spent a lot of time as an Infiltrator sneaking around setting traps, but I'm waiting to see what type of tactical options are available before committing. As a result, I want to find an outfit I'll be able to work with regardless of whether I end up as a Galaxy pilot, Infiltrator, or even just end up pouring everything in the the Squad Leader tree.

My only real requirements are that the outfit be reasonably professional- meaning, I have zero interest in lots of 12-year-olds talking shit- and large/organized enough that I can participate in the massive galaxy drops, tank columns, etc. that make the game so special. I've looked at a couple options, but I'm interested in hearing what people's pitches are like.
Old 2012-06-18, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Degrifter
Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Looking for large combined-arms TR outfit

Black Widow Company, a proud member of the ULTRA Alliance, is looking for players for Planetside 2. Our outfit is run by a large percentage of military veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Because of our member background we prefer to style ourselves a military-style outfit. We use small unit tactics, adapted for Planetside. Our primary focus is air assault heavy infantry and air-mobile rapid response. What a full platoon of other guys can do, we do with a squad.

We require our aspirants to submit an application. Members are expected to maintain a basic level of membership by A) reading/signing our SOP, B) setting up an OpServ account and sticking their FruitSalad banner in their forum signature block, and C) maintaining the Medium Assault certification - every player is a rifleman first. Teamspeak is required whilst playing, squadding up is required when four or more members are on. We don't do the lone-wolf Rambo thing.

Interested recruits may register at the forums and check out the recruiting application. We have a highly-organized structure and a dedicated chain of command. In games we support we perform weekly and nightly operations, and we also support Alliance operations. During planned/announced operations, typically we use strict comms procedures on Teamspeak (no worrying about idiots chattering idle-BS on TS). During "off-duty" times and casual play, we're fairly loose but we do not tolerate hot-miking or transmission-abuse (running your mouth for no reason, screaming over TS, spamming channel, etc). For the aspiring member we offer a wide range of training and a promotion points system that negates croneyism and favouritism, a system which is reviewed periodically and adjusted to account for game OPTEMPO. For the glory-hounds we have a Battle Decorations Program that allows members to achieve decorations and awards. Or you can simply sign up and be a member. Completion of the basic expectations is all we require - everything else is window-dressing and is voluntary.

For those seeking to be more than just a guy with an outfit tag, we offer three Task Forces that serve as our special-focus teams. Task Force Ranger is an air assault heavy infantry force. Task Force Commando is an air-mobile light infantry force. Task Force Dragon is our air cavalry/air support team. It is not required to join any of them.

If you're looking for a professional outfit that believes in teamwork, communication, tactics, loyalty and friendship, then look no further than Black Widow Company. We are also active in other games as well.

http://www.the-bwc.com

Captain Degrifter -- Black Widow Company
Old 2012-06-18, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
amblingalong
Private

Sounds promising! Just two questions- what exactly does certing Medium Assault mean in the context of PS2, and are you going to continue to require teamspeak3 if the in-game VOIP is as good as promised?
Old 2012-06-18, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by amblingalong View Post
Sounds promising! Just two questions- what exactly does certing Medium Assault mean in the context of PS2, and are you going to continue to require teamspeak3 if the in-game VOIP is as good as promised?
To answer your questions:

1) In BWC, every member is a rifleman first. This has been a core foundation of BWC for a very long time, and it has presented us with a number of successes in both Planetside and other games, real or virtual. Our training, which is not mandatory, focuses on this. Our operations and pick-up nights focus on this. You can be a pilot - but we expect you to be able to operate as a rifleman when we call. As far as PS2 goes... if there is a specific certification for it, we will require it. We will require its equivalent. And if there is just a "click here for instant infantryman" class like in Generic Shooter #2 and #3, then we will require you to be at least marginally decent with it.

2) Teamspeak will continue to be required. We will be running multiple channels, both on our own server and cross-server. We're not sure how in-game VOIP will work, as no details have been given. It may cause undue latency. It may not have filters. It may not have channels. Some people may not wish to listen to mouth-breathers and random kiddies, and even if there's an option to toggle it on and off, we will maintain positive control of our Teamspeak server because we are a multi-game Company. Teamspeak affords a number of options that no in-game VOIP can ever hope to touch, not unless the PS2 developers have included those options (not very likely).

We will, however, be very much open to suggestion and we will make that determination, in finality, once we play the game with that feature.
Old 2012-06-18, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Arovien
First Sergeant

Cybernetic Punks Hardcore Gaming Community is interested in adaptive players exactly like yourself. We understand most of us have not played PlanetSide 2 yet; once we start playing in the beta, we'll have a better understanding of everyone's passion.

Here in CnP, we want the full thrill of the game. The aim is to be fully mobilized in all aspects of the game: air, ground, and even the PlanetSide community.

Cybernetic Punks is a mature(18+), dedicated (organized), and professional gaming community. We proved to be the top dogs in Global Agenda and the Starcraft 2 tournament scene. We are going to prove it again in PlanetSide 2.
Old 2012-06-22, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Arovien View Post
Cybernetic Punks Hardcore Gaming Community is interested in adaptive players exactly like yourself. We understand most of us have not played PlanetSide 2 yet; once we start playing in the beta, we'll have a better understanding of everyone's passion.

Here in CnP, we want the full thrill of the game. The aim is to be fully mobilized in all aspects of the game: air, ground, and even the PlanetSide community.

Cybernetic Punks is a mature(18+), dedicated (organized), and professional gaming community. We proved to be the top dogs in Global Agenda and the Starcraft 2 tournament scene. We are going to prove it again in PlanetSide 2.
Cybernetic Punks is a great outfit I can defiantly recommend them to anyone that is looking

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit