Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Old 2013-08-10, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Provider shut down!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/snowdens...huts-down.html

This is aweful. The noose is getting tighter. Good thing is it's pissing everyone off! Maybe these things will be in the limelight soon and people will eventually become educated. A high hope but a hope!
Old 2013-08-10, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Provider shut down!

Wow, really? Was mr. Levison forced to close down the company, did he do so because he didn't want to be part of PRISM? Or doesn't the US goverment simply like email services that offer far more privacy than the mainstream ones?
If it was closed down simply for having Mr. Snowden as a customer then what's next?

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-08-10, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

On the whole Snowden thing, or actually my point of view on the US political doctrine, I can tell you one thing - the way democracy works is either of two:

A) Every single person in a democratic world is educated and unbiased, thus all the government descisions are correct, since no wrong descision makes it through (as utopian as it sounds - it is easy, no healthy man is born an idiot)
B) Government does its best to keep people uneducated to make it easier to govern them.

The problem with the States is - they chose a path of least resistance (B), yet wasted just as much resources as they would if they went with option A. This is yet another example of natural human laziness, just on a very global scale, and this very laziness brought way more negativism towards America than it would otherwise avoid.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-08-11, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ait'al
Contributor
General

We're a republic not a democracy.
Old 2013-08-11, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Ait'al View Post
We're a republic not a democracy.
Except that you are a democracy because there is voting involved and parties somehow represent the will of the people. Because you are FPTP system, only representative of a very small part of it, but still.

It's just that the design is horribly obsolete and was already incredibly rigged, biased and flawed from the beginning and like in the UK, the two benefitting parties have no incentive to change it in the interest of the people.

About time you change that before you "bring democracy to the world".

Last edited by Figment; 2013-08-11 at 07:59 PM.
Old 2013-08-13, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The party system is what ruins government design. But people feel an innate need for totalitarianism and so create their own monarchies within the context of their governmental systems.

Old 2013-08-13, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Figment
Lieutenant General

Probably best to go off-topic in another thread on that.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum