Does the Prowler really need a nerf? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cancer sucks!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-28, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Pella
Captain

Does the Prowler really need a nerf?

250 Kills in the space of 15 minutes. My video shows about 5mins of my hugely skillfull play and camping.

Yet i still dont feel it needs a nerf.

Last edited by Pella; 2013-02-28 at 07:46 PM.
Old 2013-02-28, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Does the Prowler really need a nerf?

Live by the open area outpost design, get farmed by the open area outpost design. As your description says, it's gonna get nerfed into uselessness, which is a shame because I'm still shit with it (Ask any VS or NC who's seen me try to drive).

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-02-28, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
JesNC
Master Sergeant

I'd rather if base layout and the Vanguard got a buff tbh.

Especially that spot at TI Alloys shown in the vid does not allow the defending infantry to fight the tank spam unless they fall back to the ridge 500m+ to the north.

edit: I have no idea how I got that AT mine kill on you, since I was sniping vehicles with my AV MANA at that time

Last edited by JesNC; 2013-02-28 at 07:57 PM.
Old 2013-02-28, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Vannie might need a buff. Or a fix for it's shields.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-02-28, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
I'd rather if base layout and the Vanguard got a buff tbh.

Especially that spot at TI Alloys shown in the vid does not allow the defending infantry to fight the tank spam unless they fall back to the ridge 500m+ to the north.
Jes, It was a shame that you blew me up Otherwise i was onto a world record.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

The farming problem is certainly more of an issue with base design than air or tank balance. No matter how much you nerf either they are going to be able to farm infantry if given the opportunity.

One thing I have never understood about the Prowler, if I've read the damage stats correctly, why does the splash damage of each of rounds deal the same amount of damage as one round from other tanks? Shouldn't the damage be halved just like the direct damage?

Does the Prowler need a nerf? Might need a toning down of its direct damage, dunno.
I didn't like how the buff was handled since I still want a centralized turret, gun stabilization, a small reduction in recoil, independant reloading for each barrel and a special ability that caters to the Prowlers strength. If I had all that then I wouldn't mind if they toned the damage down to, more or less, where it was before.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Jes, It was a shame that you blew me up Otherwise i was onto a world record.
I'm sorry But deployed Prowlers in/around the Crown and TI Alloys make some juicy high threat/extreme menace XP pinatas
Old 2013-02-28, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Bases had a design/concept problem - then the devs modified the Prowler to take maximum advantage of the problem.

And here we are.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ChrisLand
Corporal

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post

http://youtu.be/CKjPJwJxfBw
Interesting video. That really sucks I'm glad I didn't cert into shields.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post

http://youtu.be/CKjPJwJxfBw
Heh, yeah that needs to get fixed. That's a nasty bug.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-02-28, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
250 Kills in the space of 15 minutes. My video shows about 5mins of my hugely skillfull play and camping.

Prowler Farming

Yet i still dont feel it needs a nerf.
Careful, you might encourage some past VS players logging back in and re rolling TR causing more "n00bs" to leave the game.

Was not surprised at where this took place.
Old 2013-02-28, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mordelicius
Major

TR Prowler desperately need a nerf.

Their splash damage kills everything inside a spawnroom. Not only that. It has the highest survivability and dps on anchor mode (can't have both) simply because they destroy any ground opposition.

If they don't fix this soon, it will be "Magrider redux".

A lot of Vanu got used to OP Magriders as the norm. When it got nerfed, a 1:1 k/d was not acceptable to them. This is really a question of when will it get nerfed.
Old 2013-02-28, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
The farming problem is certainly more of an issue with base design than air or tank balance. No matter how much you nerf either they are going to be able to farm infantry if given the opportunity.

One thing I have never understood about the Prowler, if I've read the damage stats correctly, why does the splash damage of each of rounds deal the same amount of damage as one round from other tanks? Shouldn't the damage be halved just like the direct damage?

Does the Prowler need a nerf? Might need a toning down of its direct damage, dunno.
I didn't like how the buff was handled since I still want a centralized turret, gun stabilization, a small reduction in recoil, independant reloading for each barrel and a special ability that caters to the Prowlers strength. If I had all that then I wouldn't mind if they toned the damage down to, more or less, where it was before.
That splash damage is murder, add in that prowlers have the most ammo and the amount of farm they can do is a wonder to see. Even with all of that if one goes unsupported for to long then it dies rather fast. So unless it's at a great distance then they don't last.

To me it's more than just ammo counts for framing weapons, it's mag sizes and reload times. Look at the Zepher, it can put 6 HE rounds out before reloading. That doesn't sound right to me, wouldn't that be something of a major safety issue to have so many high explosive rounds in one place?

To be honest Id like to see ammo counts, mag sizes, and reload times go to HE being the lowest ammo and highest reload, then HEAT in the middle, and finally AT/AP rounds with the highest ammo counts and fastest reloads. Their all shape charges with different heads at the end of the day, Im just wondering why the heavily farm-able and easy(ier) to hit with versions tend to be the ones with the most ammo.
Old 2013-03-01, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sifer2
Major

The video is Prowler HE rounds. Those didn't even get buffed did they? They were always that good. Not really Prowlers fault some people still don't use Flak armor lol. The buff was to Heat/AP.

You could set up a farm like that since launch with Prowler or really any Tank using HE. It would have actually been stronger back before the Flak armor buff.
Old 2013-03-01, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
elementHTTP
Sergeant

I didn't see the problem whit mag riders but they got nerfed
On the other hand prowler is too good vs infantry
Vanguard and Mag need splash dmg radius to be increased

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGuL...W89fBw&index=2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion