Why Game Informer Pisses me off on their rant of PS - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What if I don't have an AGP slot?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2004-01-05, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by SporkfirePS
They can say what they will about Core Combat, but this is the part that irritates me. I'd really like the gaming press to quantify statements like that. If anything, the patches have generally made the game far more than it was at release. Realizing that there have been some less than stellar patches, I believe that we have maintained and updated the game quite well compared to our competition.
Agreed. Since the patches, I have been living in PS. The game has been cleaned up a -lot- and is really rocking for me right now. CC was questionable, but now that people are using the Caverns to hack into locked continents, they do have their uses.

As others have said in this thread, this game has created a standard of play that will be hard to surpass. Any time you find yourself in a game just standing there looking up at dogfights in the sky between around 10-15 different aircraft is an indication that there is a lot to be said for the game. (I caught myself doing just that. I witnessed an amazing aerial display the other night. I simply was riveted as I watched the dogfight between these aircraft unfold before my eyes. Simply astounding, and purely PlanetSide.)

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-01-05, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Planetside is the best MMO on the market and by far the best shooter currently out there. I used to be really excited about Tribes Vengance coming out one day. Now I really dont care. HL2 and Doom3 will be great, but I dont consider those online games, maybe to screw with but certainly not to play seriously. After insane 300 man battles with armor collums and so many vehicles in the air it looks like a dust storm... There aint any going back to the old ways now
I agree with one exception. The only shooter I'm looking forward to at all really is Tribes: Vengance. The reason being it offers me something I miss and something that Planetside doesn't offer: Organized Competition.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-01-05, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

You can't beat the battles you get in Planetside, the massive forces moving in to a base, the armor coloums, the aircraft that don't stop rocket spamming. It is soo eye peeling and amazing what goes on in Planetside. This is the best first person shooter i've ever played, if you guys don't think there is any leadership, you obviously don't have an outfit with teamspeak.

Old 2004-01-05, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Fenrys
Major

Indeed, watching a large armor coloumn crashing against a base's defense is an awesome spectacle, as is flying through a rain of blue artillery fire as dozen's of flails (both nme and friendly) pound on eachother from bases on opposide ends of the bridge you're rocket-spaming.
Old 2004-01-05, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by 1024
They better not offer CC for free, i paid good money for the bitch.
lol, watch them
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion